• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.
@gereral1
Very useful thanks for sharing. Just wanted to ask what standalone UHD player have you got connected to your PC?
At your 250bucks/£198 you paid its all i need to stay for now with the GPU 980ti on existing HW versus £780 min going the Kaby Lake/z270/PDVD 14 pioneer UBR drive bundled sw for it to work in win10.
By the way do I need the creators Windows 10 update for Windows Media Player to work?

@everyone
Cyberlink PDVD 17 test page lists 3 mobos, inc the asrock, if it helps for needing an alternative to the mini-itx ASRock fatality single PCI Express GPU mobo issue. Two Gigabytes are your guarenteed tested choises.

Samsung UBD-K8500 Ultra HD Blu-ray. If you HAVE hdr material WITH hdr meta data then yes creators win 10 update to get that hdr slider tab. You still need a video card that can pass hdr with hdmi 2.2 to allow 10bit 444 or 422. 30fps 4k uhd uses 422 or 420 on the hdmi port. If you set 444 the tab will not stay on. If you own a NVidia that other guy posted on here that madvr still works with those cards but amd at the current time does not work with hevc 10 bit with madvr. It does work with custom presenter filter. Powerdvd17 is only worth it if you go kaby lake cpu sgx compatible across the board hardware and a uhd pc rom. Other than that its kinda pointless as you can do everything in default win10 player and mpc with or without madvr.

Last edited:
Adorama let's you backorder it. Don't have it yet.

Hi Etc, where is the BDR-211 for sale at? Just wondering. I keep looking for it. I ended up getting the Japanese version. I'm having to send my motherboard back to asrock cause the audio started popping when playing movies. Are u having any issues with your build?

Samsung UBD-K8500 Ultra HD Blu-ray. If you HAVE hdr material WITH hdr meta data then yes creators win 10 update to get that hdr slider tab. You still need a video card that can pass hdr with hdmi 2.2 to allow 10bit 444 or 422. 30fps 4k uhd uses 422 or 420 on the hdmi port. If you set 444 the tab will not stay on. If you own a NVidia that other guy posted on here that madvr still works with those cards but amd at the current time does not work with hevc 10 bit with madvr. It does work with custom presenter filter. Powerdvd17 is only worth it if you go kaby lake cpu sgx compatible across the board hardware and a uhd pc rom. Other than that its kinda pointless ass you can do everything in default win10 player and mpc with or without madvr.

Ok thanks updating windows now :)

While in Japan I found out there are other PC drives with official UHD Bluray support and they are USB drives.

One is a brand called Logitec. Model: LBD-PUD6U3LGY. Price ¥11,500

Other is a pioneer USB drive BDR-XD06J-UHD. About ¥15,000. Unfortunately this one one was out of stock so I got the Logitec one.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
While in Japan I found out there are other PC drives with official UHD Bluray support and they are USB drives.Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Shame you could have brought few back for us, how often do you go?

Other is a pioneer USB drive BDR-XD06J-UHD. About ¥15,000. Unfortunately this one one was out of stock so I got the Logitec one.Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

That pioneer converts to £106 but I can get it via Amazon for £149 including free delivery. Have contacted the seller to see if that includes import tax which the eBay prices for the same model don't.
Either way you saved me a lot of bother as I was searching for any PC ultra Blu-ray solution that included power DVD, this way I'm only paying £69 for the drive as I was going to pay £80 for power DVD 17 anyway :).
As there's no reviews for any USB 3.0 external ultra Blu-ray drives can I ask you what the speed is like over USB 3.0 and what playback software comes with your drive?
Once again many thanks.

£90 difference for the premium Pioneer 16x Premium Model BDR-S11J-X £311 versus the Pioneer 16x BDR-S11J-BK £221 delivered in the UK via Amazon UK. As far as I know the premium has a quieter drive but I'm struggling to find any other differences?
Guess the BDR-211UBK is the US model number for the standard drive but this review suggests it may be better spec due to offering "a much more robust listing of features due to its extensive media writing capabilities."

Shame you could have brought few back for us, how often do you go?

That pioneer converts to £106 but I can get it via Amazon for £149 including free delivery. Have contacted the seller to see if that includes import tax which the eBay prices for the same model don't.
Either way you saved me a lot of bother as I was searching for any PC ultra Blu-ray solution that included power DVD, this way I'm only paying £69 for the drive as I was going to pay £80 for power DVD 17 anyway :).
As there's no reviews for any USB 3.0 external ultra Blu-ray drives can I ask you what the speed is like over USB 3.0 and what playback software comes with your drive?
Once again many thanks.
I live in Hong Kong so probably won't do you much good. Just a one off trip, so not likely to go back soon.

Haven't got home yet from the trip and probably won't get much chance to play with it until at least the weekend, but when I do I'll post about my experience.

Guess the BDR-211UBK is the US model number for the standard drive but this review suggests it may be better spec due to offering "a much more robust listing of features due to its extensive media writing capabilities."
Mr Jukic was reviewing something he did not hold in his hand. The US model is virtually identical with S11J-BK. If the specs on Pioneer US site are correct, it actually misses one DVD format or something, I do not remember. But that is probably just a typo.

Mr Jukic was reviewing something he did not hold in his hand. The US model is virtually identical with S11J-BK. If the specs on Pioneer US site are correct, it actually misses one DVD format or something, I do not remember. But that is probably just a typo.

Seems so,
With Brexit the rest of the Asian tec manu are even more reluctant to deal with us Brits, cant see Pioneer releasing these to Europe, UK NEVER, lets hope i'm wrong.

While in Japan I found out there are other PC drives with official UHD Bluray support and they are USB drives.

One is a brand called Logitec. Model: LBD-PUD6U3LGY. Price ¥11,500

Other is a pioneer USB drive BDR-XD06J-UHD. About ¥15,000. Unfortunately this one one was out of stock so I got the Logitec one.

Ok bit more info on the Logitec Bluray drive:

Jusy tested the drive and it reads a Bluray fine and plays it back in Jriver. Also the PowerDVD compatibility checker identifies it as a UHD Bluray driver and gives it a pass.

The drive is actually detected in Device manager as Pioneer bdr-ud04, which based on what I could find online is a laptop Bluray drive. Assume it has a special firmware installed to make UHD Bluray compatible.

Ok bit more info on the Logitec Bluray drive:

Jusy tested the drive and it reads a Bluray fine and plays it back in Jriver. Also the PowerDVD compatibility checker identifies it as a UHD Bluray driver and gives it a pass.

The drive is actually detected in Device manager as Pioneer bdr-ud04, which based on what I could find online is a laptop Bluray drive. Assume it has a special firmware installed to make UHD Bluray compatible.
It'd be really odd if they added features to the firmware without changing the model number too.
My guess is the BDR-UD04 is also UHD Blu-ray compatible.

Anyone with a gigabyte Z270 Gaming 8 been able to update the Intel 630 gpu drivers to the power DVD17 recommended version "21.20.16.4542 (2016/10/24)" listed on their Setup recommendation page?
I get the error message "the setup program failed to install one or more device drivers. Set up will exit"
I also get the same error message when I use the official Intel update utility.

EDIT: It might be a Windows creators update issue as other Intel GPU users are reporting problems when virtualisation is enabled and the latest Intel drivers being slow are not working, I will report back with more info.

Last edited:
I am using the latest driver from Intel website. The last 4 digits are 4592 or something. And my Win version is Anniversary, not CU.
Did you install BIOS F5?
Are you experiencing any blackouts while using the IGPU?
Is your BT able to pair with other devices?

Last edited:
I am using the latest driver from Intel website. The last 4 digits are 4592 or something. And my Win version is Anniversary, not CU.
Did you install BIOS F5?

Okay thanks I'll try and find that version. Just confirmed that with CU you need to disable virtualisation in the BIOS under peripherals to be able to do any installs of gigabytes or Intel GPU drivers. Also you doesn't require any special drivers as it works with existing Intel GPU drivers. I've now successfully been able to install the gigabyte drivers 4550 and have been able to turn virtualisation back on.

Not seeing Windows display settings HDR toggle whilest Intel GPU connected? I set my Quantization to limited (my Samsung TV doesn't do RGB full range) in general intel HD graphics settings and enabled YCbCr in the colour settings which seems very limited compared to the Nvidia controls?

24 hours later I'm only updated to BIOS F4h which gives me the RAM XMP, looks like I did the right thing not going for F5. Can u roll back to F4h or do we needF5 for PDVD17?

Also with BT haven't had chance yet will report back when I have.

Last edited:
Read this and you will understand why am I asking. It is worth your time, believe me.
http://forum.gigabyte.us/thread/755/ga-z270x-gaming-8
And as if this is not enough, many users of new Gigabyte boards report problems with front panel audio. I did not test it myself yet.

Edit: It was 4590, not 4592. Then I updated it again, the latest 4627 is here:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-?v=t

That's one interesting thread, he seems to have no luck. I'm wondering whether it was to do with his displayport to HDMI connection as I have heard its not the way to go 4 hundred percent compatibility with Intel igpu drivers.
I'm not having any issues myself but I am going straight HDMI to HDMI 2.0a igpu. Not tried the front audio yet.
I didn't buy the board for these fancy features like auto green or even Bluetooth but I've tried it and everything is working fine. I am using F4h bios and so far seems to be fine.
My immediate thoughts on the speed of this board is that it is slow, I was putting that down to me not having set everything up properly. Have to keep an eye on it and read other forum users reviews before thinking of returning it because every other thing is okay. It is much slower using it via the in cell I GPU which doesn't bode well for 4K HDR. In fact my previous MSI Intel's P67 chipset + i7 2600 K seems just as fast if not faster but that was a Military grade components server grade xl-ATX mobo £100 cheaper than this with twice the stock features like 16 USB ports, Coaxial+Optical SPDIF, PCI-Ex16 x 8, PCI-E (2x16, 2x8, 4x1), solid caps with 10 lifespan etc. I'm keeping it as a backup it if it doesn't go to a good home at a decent price.

Did you install BIOS F5?

BT is a known CU issue but there been a other cum Win fix's since CU so guess that sorted mine.
Build is stable and faster now, Gigabyte drivers din't auto install so had to install them manually!

Getting back to power DVD 17 I think I've identified a bottleneck on my samesung 850 pro OS SSD on the 4K read . I'm getting 100 MBS 4K Q32T1, 26 4K in CrystalDisKMark 5.
My question is is it time for me to go to M2 or U.2 SSD's or should I be able to raid this OS drive, what drive are you using?

Running the Sony_4K_HDR_Camp.mp4 & LG_Cymatic_Jazz_HDR10.mp4 Demo's of my Western Digital elements external USB3 drive into this PC using power DVD 17 works fine on the camp demo but is unplayable on the jazz demo, freezing but sound plays. This is with the PDVD 17 recommended hardware minus the UBlu-ray of course.

However if I put my WD drive directly into my USB2 Samsung 49 KS7000 TV the jazz demo works perfectly. In fact any ultra Blu-ray demos I play it handles without stuttering, what HW & SW in this TV :dance:!

This has got to be the Samsung 850 Pro OS 4K read bottleneck right?

I am using M.2 drive (Patriot Hellfire) for Win 10 plus all software and standard mechanical HDD for storing files. I was thinking about Samsung 960 M.2 drive first, but i changed my mind after reading so many negative feedbacks on Newegg. And Patriot is MLC, Samsung is TLC.

Back