New in PowerDVD 17

Discussion in 'Third Party Products' started by hadar, Feb 16, 2017.

1. hadar

hadar Well-Known Member

39868b74ea9b145ff6acaa026092.png

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    whatever_gong82 likes this.
  2. whatever_gong82

whatever_gong82 Well-Known Member

It looks good. However, if I was you, I'd remove the SR and TR numbers, since those are legitimate stuff from Cyberlink, especially with people trying to crack legit stuff like yours nowadays.

nebostrangla likes this.
  3. Jeff R 1

Jeff R 1 Well-Known Member

Where did this download come from ????
    There's no info on the US/Canadian site at all.

4. hadar

hadar Well-Known Member

@whatever_gong82
    The SR and TR numbers are the dates when this version and installer package were made, no critical information.

@Jeff R 1
    Well, last time I called the thread 'PowerDVD 16 is out!' but it took 3 weeks until the official release. So this time I only tell you what's new. :)

whatever_gong82 likes this.
  5. mike20021969

mike20021969 Well-Known Member

"update.cyberlink.com" according to the download link in the first post.

6. antipodes

antipodes Well-Known Member

I googled Cyberlink Powerdvd 17 and the 2 sites shown on the first page of the search attracted the attention of my Malwarebytes program so I will wait for the official release.

7. Jeff R 1

Jeff R 1 Well-Known Member

Those links weren't there yesterday, there's even a video now on how to "crack" it.
    The guy is speaking some Asian language ???

8. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Those hardware requirements are insane but i can cross 1 check off the list. My CPU 100% supports SGX. My 6700k's product code is "bX80662I76700K" which links to https://ark.intel.com/products/88195/Intel-Core-i7-6700K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_20-GHz. Under the section of Intel Data Protection technology "YES" at "Intel Software Guard Extensions". Guess i'll be contacting ASUS next to find out if my motherboard and GPU support SGX. If that's the case all i'll be needing is PDVD 17 and LG's UHD drive (and an updated AnyDVD naturally).

9. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

Now you've got me wondering if my 4790K machines will support that stuff - VII Formula and VII Hero (1 each

http://ark.intel.com/compare/80807,88195

Amazing they added 1 more pin and could double the max memory supported.

-W

10. ddjmagic

ddjmagic Well-Known Member

Does Skylake support HDCP 2.2/HDMI 2.0 on the native onboard graphics? (Isn't that what Kaby Lake added?)
    Specs above clearly state that "Ultra HD Blu-ray is supported only on the display that is connected and powered by Intel Graphics"
    Hence why Kaby Lake is needed.

11. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

Hmmm, and those of us that have a higher end Nvidia card installed are SOL?
    I would think on-board Intel graphics would be moot once a graphics card is in there?
    Chev has a GTX 680 and mine's not that much worse...
    That's very odd.
    -W

12. Ch3vr0n

HDCP / HDMI is down to the motherboard connectors themselves, that's got nothing to do with the CPU itself. That said, based on a quick google, skylake doesn't DIRECTLY but intel supposedly added a workaround to enable that. http://www.anandtech.com/show/9562/intels-skylake-gpu-analyzing-the-media-capabilities. Just search the page on "HDCP".

That's if you're planning on using the GPU's video part, which i don't plan on doing. i'm not going to use a crappy cpu gpu part for uhd stuff. Based on the INTEL spec sheet of my CPU, my SKYLAKE works just fine on 1 important front and that's "Intel SGX". As to the rest i've contacted Asus on my motherboard and GPU part, considering the highly technical nature, it might take them a while to confirm or deny or even say anything.

@Clams looks like you found a "flaw" in my signature. I havent rocked a 680 in a few months now with this new build. There was a typo, i'm running a STRIX GTX 1080 A8G Gaming

When i inserted my GPU, the cpu's video component got "disabled" and it doesn't even show up in hardware manager or video setting. I'd have to tinker around in the BIOS to enable it again and i'm not going to do that lol. The ball's in Asus' hands if i'll be able to assist redfox and @James with uhd capable hardware.

13. ddjmagic

At the moment specs are pointing to the Intel graphics having to be used, even if you have a Nvidia/AMD HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2 card installed.
    Pretty terrible requirements at the moment. Software like AnyDVD is needed more than ever this time around it seems, lets hope it happens.

nebostrangla likes this.
  14. ddjmagic

You have to, as stated clearly in the specs above.

15. Ch3vr0n

Yeah i read that part. I'm hoping a dedicated GPU will work (eventually) too if it supports SGX. Cause i'm damn well not gonna build get a new motherboard and CPU when this thing is only a couple months old. That's on top of the fact that even on 1080p when i didn't have my GPU yet i could clearly see the pixels moving from the CPU's video component. With the GPU inserter, no such issue. I can already imagine seeing the pixels move 4x as big.

Right now, i'll be waiting on ASUS. As to the rest, lets hope AnyDVD would maybe be able to fool PDVD into thinking the intel CPU's gpu is being used.

16. ddjmagic

+1. I'm in the same situation, I was hoping to upgrade my HTPC's with the newer GTX cards for 4K UHD, but not looking good at the moment :(
    FYI I think the Asus board is HDMI 1.4, so I don't think 4K UHD discs will work if the onboard Intel video is a requirement.

Edit: We need @Adbear to chime in, he's the resident hardware expert, I'm sure he will know what supports what :)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    nebostrangla likes this.
  17. whatever_gong82

whatever_gong82 Well-Known Member

With all these requirements, I'm thinking long and hard at waiting until PowerDVD 17 comes out, to say at least the UHD/4K hardware stuff.

18. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

Just installed PDVD 17 on my laptop that only has access to the GTX 1060, and even though I have SGX enabled in the BIOS I get an error about the GPU not meeting requirements. So I can't verify if my LG external drive will play my UHD discs or not, but the fact it tries and fails with a GPU error seems to imply that the drive can be read, or at least in as much that it recognises it's a UHD disc

nebostrangla likes this.
  19. MisterXDTV

MisterXDTV Well-Known Member

Only RedFox can save us now..... Unreal requirements....

Internet check on UHD BD too! Something that doesn't exist for stand-alone players

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  20. Ch3vr0n

Doesn't exist on standalone's? Euhm even my old bd-85 has an Ethernet port, and a special one for a wireless adapter. I don't think there's even 1 player without at least an Ethernet port. Internet connection wasn't unusual then either. Some discs had 'bd-live' functions. Something that never really took off.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) with Tapatalk