• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.
Running the Sony_4K_HDR_Camp.mp4 & LG_Cymatic_Jazz_HDR10.mp4 Demo's of my Western Digital elements external USB3 drive into this PC using power DVD 17 works fine on the camp demo but is unplayable on the jazz demo, freezing but sound plays. This is with the PDVD 17 recommended hardware minus the UBlu-ray of course.

However if I put my WD drive directly into my USB2 Samsung 49 KS7000 TV the jazz demo works perfectly. In fact any ultra Blu-ray demos I play it handles without stuttering, what HW & SW in this TV :dance:!

This has got to be the Samsung 850 Pro OS 4K read bottleneck right?
Seems odd to me. Any SSD no matter how crummy ought to be plenty fast enough for video playback of any kind.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I am using M.2 drive (Patriot Hellfire) for Win 10 plus all software and standard mechanical HDD for storing files. I was thinking about Samsung 960 M.2 drive first, but i changed my mind after reading so many negative feedbacks on Newegg. And Patriot is MLC, Samsung is TLC.

Thanks, good 2 know. Looks like M2 still bets U.2 Intel 750's in some tests.

Seems odd to me. Any SSD no matter how crummy ought to be plenty fast enough for video playback of any kind.

"In'it" as we say in Manchester....."Seems odd to me.", too hence the question. I'm just hoping when I order the M2 is not complete waste of time and money by my getting the same results.

"In'it" as we say in Manchester....."Seems odd to me.", too hence the question. I'm just hoping when I order the M2 is not complete waste of time and money by my getting the same results.
I'm sure you do know, but just in case you don't, the "4K" in the SSD benchmark refers to a 4KB block size, not to 4K as in 4K video playback.

I'm sure you do know, but just in case you don't, the "4K" in the SSD benchmark refers to a 4KB block size, not to 4K as in 4K video playback.

No I didn't, heads up appreciated.

Looks I'll need real world test results so any kind soul would care to download and play the Jazz demo in power DVD 17, stating what drive you have (SATA SSD or M2), it would be much appreciated.
I've tried it via the HDMI Intel and Nvidia 2.0a, Win 10 HDR enabled, result'n in choppy playback over power DVD17.

No I didn't, heads up appreciated.

Looks I'll need real world test results so any kind soul would care to download and play the Jazz demo in power DVD 17, stating what drive you have (SATA SSD or M2), it would be much appreciated.
I've tried it via the HDMI Intel and Nvidia 2.0a, Win 10 HDR enabled, result'n in choppy playback over power DVD17.

I'm playing the Jazz hdr demo (or any hdr demo) without issue from a regular HDD using powerdvd 17, mpc or movies and tv app.

But my pc and gpu are quite powerful

I have trouble with PDVD 17 when my HDR tv is not set to ''primary'' in display setting. If you have multiple monitors, that may be it.

Thanks. So this drive will for sure work with PowerDVD 17 for UHD 4k bluray playback?

Does it look like I can remove the drive from Logitec's enclosure and install it in a case that requires a slim notebook drive (one that is slim, but NOT slotted)?

I was able to order the black LBD-PUD6U3LBK from amazon.co.jp using google translator. Came out to $111 USD, so it seems like a decent price since that includes air shipping. Said the drive will be back in stock on 4/30/2017.

Ok bit more info on the Logitec Bluray drive:

Jusy tested the drive and it reads a Bluray fine and plays it back in Jriver. Also the PowerDVD compatibility checker identifies it as a UHD Bluray driver and gives it a pass.

The drive is actually detected in Device manager as Pioneer bdr-ud04, which based on what I could find online is a laptop Bluray drive. Assume it has a special firmware installed to make UHD Bluray compatible.

Which motherboard and CPU you have? The splitter you mentioned earlier is not a solution, I believe.

Thanks. So this drive will for sure work with PowerDVD 17 for UHD 4k bluray playback?

Does it look like I can remove the drive from Logitec's enclosure and install it in a case that requires a slim notebook drive (one that is slim, but NOT slotted)?

I was able to order the black LBD-PUD6U3LBK from amazon.co.jp using google translator. Came out to $111 USD, so it seems like a decent price since that includes air shipping. Said the drive will be back in stock on 4/30/2017.
Hi Etc, I ordered it too, hopefully will have my pc back up and running next week. When my audio started popping, I decided to send the motherboard to asrock for replacement. I sure do like Amazon Japan's setup. No telling when this drive will appear in the U.S.

Ok cheers, looks like its my setup in PDVD and MPC, movies and tv apps are fine. Following this guide for "Windows - HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players" I thought I had it sorted for MPC but...

PDVD17 is a mystery, its plug'n'play?
I had to change adapter hdmi to 422 color to get jazz demo to work. Any other would cause choppy video or audio glitching. This was for mpc with custom presenter filter with lav hardware acceleration enabled for rx470 amd gpu. You might want to try that hdmi setting for powerdvd17. I cannot test pd17 because I only have pd16. No point in upgrading.For others who want kaby lake with all sgx stuff then go for it.

I had to change adapter hdmi to 422 color to get jazz demo to work. Any other would cause choppy video or audio glitching. This was for mpc with custom presenter filter with lav hardware acceleration enabled for rx470 amd gpu. You might want to try that hdmi setting for powerdvd17. I cannot test pd17 because I only have pd16. No point in upgrading.For others who want kaby lake with all sgx stuff then go for it.
Ok thanks 4 trying, i'll try 422 in MCP/LAV/madVR Intel then nVidia. I've gone Kaby Lake but got issues with PDVD17 so can't try until its sorted.
Done fresh Win10 install _minus CU) for Gigabyte Gamng 8 & its alot faster :)!
@triffid
Are u getting repeatingg keystrokes on bios 5?

@imhh1
Can u point me in the right direction for a good MPC-HC/LAV/madVR setting now that i'm on a fresh install?

Back