• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What's the NEXT BIG THING for AnyStream...?

I will yes if we may can choose 3-4 providers for this price we have now and for may 5dollars/provider so will the price incres.
Nothing happened yet, so wait until somebody can answer a question please.

So please stop worrying about something that hasn’t happened yet
For me no one is worrying. All we do is to answer a question from a dev and share our thoughts. Yes, we don't know if it was a joke or a serious question and since then he did not wrote any detail and yes you are right, we should simply wait till we get more information, but for me this is an ordinary discussion and not a real "worrying" if you know what I try to say.

I just wanted to add my commentary about Fubo.tv for anyone curious about their offerings. I took the trial and it was kind of a bait and switch, but not completely disappointing. The information you see on JustWatch isn't completely accurate because they will show you pages from Google search results that make it look like they have entire seasons on a show; it actually lists every episode as if all you need to do is log in and you will be able to watch it. This is not always the case. For example, you'll see they show the entire season 5 of Bubble Guppies is available when you Google their website for it. Once you have an account and are really logged in, they have the same S05E09-S05E18 as everyone else.

If you're semi-neurotic about logos/bugs on your videos, you will also be disappointed. While you will quickly learn what offerings have them and what ones don't, even the ones that normally don't sometimes do. So far Smithsonian, Nick, Crackle and Disney are the only ones that come to mind that normally don't. From what I could tell, all local broadcasters always have bugs in the OnDemand content.

Live TV is always 720p AAC 2.0 from what I can tell. It's also "protected" differently and you don't need AnyStream to work around it. I won't go any further into those details, but it would be trivial for anyone experienced in this area.

On the plus, almost any OnDemand content that can be in 1080p EAC3+ 5.1 is even through the website. That includes Disney content; that was likely the most pleasant surprise for me. I'm also a big Smithsonian channel fan, so I was very happy to see they had a very good library of that content in 5.1 too (I really like the voice and music separation). Also, the bitrate is typically between 5000k-5800k for all 1080p content which means pretty much everything looks really good. Their AndroidTV app is a little nerdy with details about the stream so I could with high certainty confirm what you get on the website is exactly what they would stream to a more secure platform.

Also of note, since they are considered a TV provider, when you have the trial, you also have access to the OnDemand content on all the websites related to the channels they offer.

The website is extremely automation hostile and at times, it makes it user hostile depending on how aggressive you are with clicking around. It's also extremely fussy about if it thinks the monitor it's being displayed on isn't a part of a secure chain. I suspect this is a relic from when a popular 720p screen recorder was able to be used on their website.

It's such a mixed bag I can't really recommend spending the money since you could just purchase similar content on Amazon and have it forever instead of just for a month. The only argument I can think of is if you're just dying for high resolution Disney content that just aired yesterday and even then, a lot of that can be had on Amazon too.

Just my 2 cents, fees for additional providers would not be worth it for most people. I don't know many people that have a lot of streaming providers outside the big 3. I tend to rotate my streaming services to cut down on cost because I can only watch so much at once. Paying for an add-on would just be throwing money away most of the time.

Just my 2 cents, fees for additional providers would not be worth it for most people. I don't know many people that have a lot of streaming providers outside the big 3. I tend to rotate my streaming services to cut down on cost because I can only watch so much at once. Paying for an add-on would just be throwing money away most of the time.
Anyone who bought a lifetime subcription will always have what they have now as long as software lives.:D

Just my 2 cents, fees for additional providers would not be worth it for most people.
Honestly, I think the value of the Provider is different for each person. There are three that I would purchase, but that's about it.
I don't know many people that have a lot of streaming providers outside the big 3.
That could be very well true for many Users, and if that is the case, then they wouldn't be interested in purchasing additional Provider Add-ons anyway. No harm there...
I tend to rotate my streaming services to cut down on cost because I can only watch so much at once.
I pretty much do the same thing. I dropped D+ not long after it was added to AS. However, I will be renewing in a month or two, but only after I've identified there's enoough new content that I'm interested in.
Paying for an add-on would just be throwing money away most of the time.
Considering what you described above - and what I do as well - this is actually beneficial if you take into consideration the following:
Let's say you get Provider Add-on "A". Then when you subscribe to Provider "A" for 1 month, you AnyStream 2-3 months worth. (y) You just saved more by getting that Add-on than the cost of a subscription for three months. Less the one you actually used.
It's a win-win if you ask me! (y)

Higher (original) bitrate for the 1080p Amazon/Netlifx WEB-DL's would be amazing.

Higher (original) bitrate for the 1080p Amazon/Netlifx WEB-DL's would be amazing.
I believe that the video bitrates are Content Provider specific... assuming I fully understand your question.

I'm seeing much higher video bitrates with my APV titles (for 1080 content) as compared to NF, which I believe are nearly half the quality.

Sounds good to me. Can't continue to give providers AND support all their tinkering for a single fee.

I don't see the addition of new providers as pro bono work. Each provider added will surely lead to increased sales for Redfox. Simply put, there are many would-be customers on the sidelines who will only buy the product when their favorite providers are added, be they Hulu, AppleTV+, Criterion or others. And it's the same with any other product. If you add more features, providing more value, then more customers will buy it.

I don't see the addition of new providers as pro bono work. Each provider added will surely lead to increased sales for Redfox. Simply put, there are many would-be customers on the sidelines who will only buy the product when their favorite providers are added, be they Hulu, AppleTV+, Criterion or others. And it's the same with any other product. If you add more features, providing more value, then more customers will buy it.

Hi @jaqob
Normally I would agree with your premise of “more features, more customers”, but considering AS has the top three video providers already, it places them in a market with a reported 449 Million subscribers between the three providers.
  1. 240M Netflix (190+ countries)
  2. 150M Amazon
  3. 95M Disney+
I want two of the Providers you recommended:
  • Hulu (39M)
  • AppleTV+ (10M)
I’m not sure that a significant number of these 49M people will drive many new AS customers, but I would suspect that many current AS customers want those two providers and don’t mind buying them as a Provider Add-on. Wouldn’t you agree?

As for Criterion, I’m not sure how many subscribers they have, but there not even on the list; 6M being the lowest on the list.
Code:
 https://www.visualcapitalist.com/which-streaming-service-has-the-most-subscriptions/
upload_2021-6-18_23-54-28.jpeg

reporting in. im running out of movies to download. click, click, scroll, click, click is killing me, carpal is real, so im not into series atm, just movies. im down to movies with imdb score of 6 and lower, lol. robert mitchum, yul bryner, oldies but goldies... etc. have perused all the prime channels excpet hbo, thats too pricey (already used trial last year, just to check series oz and yes, in case anyone is wondering, digital transfer is really, really bad, blocky and low quality albeit available in 720 and 1080 iirc) now for me and their selection is meh, since i already have most of the movies offered, with too few exceptions.

hulu, vudu, true and standalone hbo max, OR queue instead. lol. no pressure, just killing some time and riffing. kudos to devs. btw, any addon will bring providers new subs, even it its for a month or two. ive already spent well over 60$ on various prime channels, mosty due to being lazy and cancelling after trial+one month, but i think it was worth it. if i raised any red flags at least theyll look and say 'wait, this guy at least gave us some moneys, to the lower tier of priority with him'. hahaha. cheers.

Hi @jaqob
I’m not sure that a significant number of these 49M people will drive many new AS customers, but I would suspect that many current AS customers want those two providers and don’t mind buying them as a Provider Add-on. Wouldn’t you agree?

As for Criterion, I’m not sure how many subscribers they have, but there not even on the list; 6M being the lowest on the list.
Code:
 https://www.visualcapitalist.com/which-streaming-service-has-the-most-subscriptions/
View attachment 58222
I'm not disagreeing that many people are willing to pay for extra features; of course they wouldn't necessarily be happy-to-pay or wouldn't-mind-paying types. I'm just pouring cold water on the notion that any work that goes toward supporting more providers will go uncompensated and therefore needs to be covered by additional charges.

And to your point, we shouldn't assume that the number of subscribers directly reflects the number of AnyStream customers who would be interested in provider X, because these customers are not your average subscriber. Your average subscribers do not download content, they don't subscribe to more than 1 or 2 services, they don't often try or switch services looking for new content, and in other words, they're not TV/film enthusiasts.

More importantly, not being subscribed to a given provider does not mean that you're not interested in any of their content and wouldn't like to download. For example, I might not see the value in subscribing to CBS because the only show I like from there is Survivor, but of course I would be very happy if Redfox supported CBS because then I'd be able to download that particular show with a temporary subscription (just an example). Again, my point being that the number of subscribers does not tell the full story of how many AnyStream customers would see value in extra providers being supported.

Im downloading everything i have ever wanted/want to download from amazon, i have hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of tv shows and films from amazon us and uk, Terabytes of them, including paid and free tv shows and films and its great to download and keep them all forever and ever , saves streaming them and can watch what i want when i want without the hassle of worrying if they still online or not

Just my suggestion (since it’s an open post). For me best new feature would be the option to download CBR video from AP (I know it’s already on the suggestion list).

just my contribution here

Just my suggestion (since it’s an open post). For me best new feature would be the option to download CBR video from AP (I know it’s already on the suggestion list).

I am starting to think this will never be implemented because of how too good it would be.

Thank you for your suggestion. If thats possible, it will be taken into consideration.

What kind of post is this. Whatever is best for Anystream will be implemented if possible. Why would you say such a thing?
I should have been more clear. My thoughts were that it might push AnyStream to become mainstream if it were to rival popular WEB-DL standards.

I should have been more clear. My thoughts were that it might push AnyStream to become mainstream if it were to rival popular WEB-DL standards.
Web dL is illegal and we do not discuss them in this forum, our standards are just as good if not better than anything you download illegally. AnyStream is a program for personal use only.

Back