• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What's the NEXT BIG THING for AnyStream...?

No one would be forcing you to buy them, you still have the original app with 3 providers.

I disagree, the original providers were only NF and AP. D+ was added. So the precedent has been set that additional providers are covered under your initial fee which is a fairly large expense for a consumer level application (relatively speaking).

Plus the website states this when purchasing a license: "Full use of the software, including updates, for as long as the license is valid"

But from a value perspective (in my opinion) to pay over $100 for an application and then have to pay for plug-ins/add-ons on top of that , to me it is not worth it.

If the entire pricing structure were different it would be a different story. For example, maybe you make it a la carte. So you pay $25 for the base application and maybe $10 for every provider you want to add. This also gives you the option of only having to purchase the ones you want/need.

Just a thought.

I think once people see what other programs charge and are not even close to the program AS is, they might change their mind. Updates meaning program updates, that fixes issues. The program you bought is what you got.

If the entire pricing structure were different it would be a different story. For example, maybe you make it a la carte. So you pay $25 for the base application and maybe $10 for every provider you want to add. This also gives you the option of only having to purchase the ones you want/need.
Please look at another program that is lesser and not as good as AS, sees what they charge, then come back and I think you will change your mind.

I think once people see what other programs charge and are not even close to the program AS is, they might change their mind. Updates meaning program updates, that fixes issues. The program you bought is what you got.
I agree with you and as such I would not have any problem paying for addtional download modules if they interested me.

If the entire pricing structure were different it would be a different story. For example, maybe you make it a la carte. So you pay $25 for the base application and maybe $10 for every provider you want to add. This also gives you the option of only having to purchase the ones you want/need
That wouldn't even be possible at a monthly rate. LOL:whistle:;)

That wouldn't even be possible at a monthly rate. LOL:whistle:;)

I am not sure what you mean. The very idea of additional cost for added modules is basically a la carte style. So my thought is to just make the whole thing like that from the start.

Please look at another program that is lesser and not as good as AS, sees what they charge, then come back and I think you will change your mind.

If I go to the store looking for chocolate chip cookies. The store brand , while not as yummy, is a little cheaper than the name brand. And while the name brand does cost a bit more they are not charging me per cookie.

I am not sure what you mean. The very idea of additional cost for added modules is basically a la carte style. So my thought is to just make the whole thing like that from the start.
I think AS already started. `My statement was maybe if RedFox added a provider, you could either buy it or not. You still have what you paid for, 3 fantastic providers, with at least 5 or 6 more within Amazon. I think whatever price Redfox would come up with would be very fair, and who knows if its even going to happen, all James did was ask a question. Most of the people gave a positive answer. "Yes" No one ever said your opinion didn't count, so let's just wait and see.

If I go to the store looking for chocolate chip cookies. The store brand , while not as yummy, is a little cheaper than the name brand. And while the name brand does cost a bit more they are not charging me per cookie.
These arent cookies and you cant buy this brand anyplace else. Not even in your local supermarket. :);)

Reading your post, I am thinking about agreeing with you. It also will eat up tokens very fast. I withdraw my request. LOL

I proposed in another thread, piggybacking on someone else's proposal, of a a settable configuration textbox around 'delay' between queued downloads. From a code perspective, pretty easy to do; if you wanted to get fancy, you could even 'delay' from the start of the download time - to accommodate slower downloads.

This would essentially allow you to queue up 100 episodes of a show, but download one every 35 mins or so .. and keep you token 'neutral'. Truthfully, there is no reason I should need to sit NEXT to my computer, hitting a button every 2-3 minutes, for hours. The computer can do that (better than I can). I would rather queue up stuff at night, and let it run while I'm asleep.

This came out of me downloading the full series of Arrow, and then Amazon severing ties with one of their providers that had thousands of 'old' movies with only 1-2 days notice. {so I was token empty, and then only had like 36 hours to grab some films before they went away.]

Would you be willing to pay an additional fee for support of additional providers?

Maybe? I forked over for a lifetime subscription for a reason, and it was a chunk of change. I rolled the dice that you guys will stick around, and not get blocked etc. and paid a chunk up front for a chance to 'save' over the long run as the software matured.

I'm not sure how many folks took that risk, and I very much understand that adding a 4th provider to maintain is increasing your technical debt/responsibility that you have to work with.

That being said, Hulu is owned by Disney, and is a massive library with some exclusive content deals (which is why DIsney bought them) Disney will only increase that a they seperate family content from Touchstone/adult content.

Depending on the provider, I would be willing to fork over some more $$ to get them implemented and supported in a way that makes sense. Dev hours don't come from a vacuum. If you guys are running at 95% capacity, then you will need more help to implement more - I get that. There is a sweet spot on that however, and you run the risk of really alienating a customer who chunks down 20 euro for a year of service, which then get's shut down. Regardless of 'knowing the risk' up front - it will still cause PR issues.

Then it is a matter of the Devs focusing on services that have a wide audience (Hulu, HBO Max, etc) so they can swing any additional compensation etc.

Last edited:
Then it is a matter of the Devs focusing on services that have a wide audience (Hulu, HBO Max, etc) so they can swing any additional compensation etc.
Hulu is only available in the USA, we have customers from all over the world. ;) I guess VPNs are an answer, I really dont use VPNs so I would be left out.:cry:

Hulu is only available in the USA, we have customers from all over the world. ;) I guess VPNs are an answer, I really dont use VPNs so I would be left out.:cry:

Disney has already announced international rollout in 2021 for Hulu. (although realistically 2022 given that little blip we had in 2020) Even if they have several different 'services' .. the infrastructure would essentially be the same (they aren't writing their delivery infrastructure from scratch for each company/country) so solving 'Hulu' potentially gives AS a handful of 'new' services 'ready to go' as they roll out in other countries.

all speculation .. of course, but I would assume that Disney's plan is that any country that has D+ will have some version of Hulu.

Disney has already announced international rollout in 2021 for Hulu. (although realistically 2022 given that little blip we had in 2020) Even if they have several different 'services' .. the infrastructure would essentially be the same (they aren't writing their delivery infrastructure from scratch for each company/country) so solving 'Hulu' potentially gives AS a handful of 'new' services 'ready to go' as they roll out in other countries.

all speculation .. of course, but I would assume that Disney's plan is that any country that has D+ will have some version of Hulu.
We have to live in the here and now and if that happens in a year or so maybe it would be applicable, remember I am only speaking for myself, not RedFox, but I would hate for RedFoxs international customers to be disappointed.

These arent cookies and you cant buy this brand anyplace else. Not even in your local supermarket. :);)

We can argue about it all day I am sure and that is not what I want. But, bottom line for me personally is if Redfox starts that (post charging regular price) I consider that nickel and diming and I will not participate in that. Now I am speaking of the situation as we have talked about it here. That's not to say I would be against paying anything ever under a different structure or plan of some type. It just depends.

Would you be willing to pay an additional fee for support of additional providers?
I honestly don't have any issue with this. You guys price things very fairly as is so I have no concern over price. Personally if you do go this route I would like to have lifetime option with bundle pricing and/or lifetime unlimited (one time fee for all future providers added for lifetime).

Back