• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What's the NEXT BIG THING for AnyStream...?

hear, hear.
[fists hit the table repeatedly]
word
[insert so-much-this.jpg]

scroll is what gets me. every single time. at least make the scroll go away, i beg of you! take it to a nice farm where it will live with a nice family for the rest of its natural life.

I happen to like the scroll, it s very easy to use and keeps the episodes in order, I hope we are talking about the same episode scroll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I happen to like the scroll, it s very easy to use and keeps the episodes in order, I hope we are talking about the same episode scroll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There are a number of series I love that I would like to pull down. But I am not going to go through the whole click/wait/click/scroll/click thing a zillion times over. I have pulled down a few series but they all had just a few episodes per season. Maybe 10 or less.

The combo of a queue and a "download season" button would be my number 1 request. Even above adding additional providers at this point. The upshot is, I think it might bring in a lot of new business for Redfox as people on the fence would bite.

DISCLAIMER: When you find information in a forum, don't assume it's official and just run with it. My profile says "Well-Known Member". I hope that isn't confusing.
Want official pricing information and current features for AnyStream... use the provided links.
why would an addon for a lifetime sub be more expensive than an addon for a 1yr sub? shouldnt it be the other way around?
@zanetti,

That's certainly a fair question when we look at the initial cost of the license per duration. However, let's look at some numbers as compared to a few likely scenarios using my reasoning.

License + 1 Provider scenarios:
  • 1 year license would be 59+12=71 Euros
  • 2 year license would be 79+15=94 Euros
  • 3 year license would be 85+18=103 Euros
  • Lifetime license would be 109+22=131 Euros
License Renewals with no additional Provider Add-on scenarios:

When you Renew Your Subscription, the additional cost will be the license.

Note: The Provider Add-On should be tied to the original license for any renewals. This is not something I originally mentioned, but it's a good thig you raised this question as it helped identify this as a possible concern.​
  • 1 year license would be 59 + the original 71 spent previously now = 130 Euros (total spent)
  • 2 year license would be 79 + the original 94 spent previously now = 173 Euros (total spent)
  • 3 year license would be 85 + the original 103 spent previously now = 188 Euros (total spent)
  • Lifetime license would be 0 + the original 131 spent previously now = 131 Euros (total spent)
Now, obviously there are no renewals for Lifetime licenses, but the numbers are accurate and just after one renewal for everyone else makes them more expensive; less the 1 year by just 1 euro.

Ultimately, its the upfront cost and our commitment. It's cheaper to dive into the deep end, than it is to wade through the shallow end where you will eventually reach the deep end, which is a more costly journey.

Additionally, if the Lifetime license adds a 2nd Provider Add-On for 22 Euros, it will now be a total of 153 Euros, which is still cheaper than the 2 & 3 year renewals with just "1" Provider Add-on.

Note: I had to correct the Lifetime price; I forgot the 9 in 109 in my original post.

Last edited:
There are a number of series I love that I would like to pull down. But I am not going to go through the whole click/wait/click/scroll/click thing a zillion times over. I have pulled down a few series but they all had just a few episodes per season. Maybe 10 or less.

The combo of a queue and a "download season" button would be my number 1 request. Even above adding additional providers at this point. The upshot is, I think it might bring in a lot of new business for Redfox as people on the fence would bite.
We don’t want people to bite , we want them to try the trial and see if they like it and then maybe become a good customer, I don’t think we have met many customers that ever didn’t like our programs, because we will let them try it first. Plus we have a forum To help them understand any issues they might have. I think that’s a big selling point.

Reactions: DQ
That's certainly a fair question when we look at the initial cost of the license per duration. However, let's look at some numbers as compared to a few likely scenarios.

License + 1 Provider scenarios:
  • 1 year license would be 59+12=71 Euros
  • 2 year license would be 79+15=94 Euros
  • 3 year license would be 85+18=103 Euros
  • Lifetime license would be 109+22=131 Euros
License Renewals with no additional Provider Add-on scenarios:

When you Renew You Subscription, the additional cost will be the license.

Note: The Provider Add-On should be tied to the original license for any renewals. This is not something I originally mentioned, but it's a good thig you raised this question as it helped identify this as a possible concern.​
  • 1 year license would be 59 + the original 71 spent previously now = 130 Euros (total spent)
  • 2 year license would be 79 + the original 94 spent previously now = 173 Euros (total spent)
  • 3 year license would be 85 + the original 103 spent previously now = 188 Euros (total spent)
  • Lifetime license would be 0 + the original 131 spent previously now = 131 Euros (total spent)
Now, obviously there are no renewals for Lifetime licenses, but the numbers are accurate and just after one renewal for everyone else makes them more expensive; less the 1 year by just 1 euro.

Ultimately, its the upfront cost and our commitment. It's cheaper to dive into the deep end, than it is to wade through the shallow end where you will eventually reach the deep end, which is a more costly journey.

Additionally, if the Lifetime license adds a 2nd Provider Add-On for 22 Euros, it will now be a total of 153 Euros, which is still cheaper than the 2 & 3 year renewals with just "1" Provider Add-on.

Note: I had to correct the Lifetime price; I forgot the 9 in 109 in my original post.
LOL please explain to people that’s this is just your idea and the prices are not an example Redfoxs prices going forward so they dont scan a page and think this is in anyway real lol

I think when folks are saying "download queue" they might be asking for different things without realizing it.
Sorry for getting back to you late, but I'm referring to the "batch download" feature that has been approved for TV Shows.
Personally I don't like the Batch Download term because it implies only a single option: batch download.

The term Queue on the other hand (or Download Queue in this case) is something we see often in other programs, and it more accurately describes how the feature will be implemented.

A batch download implies downloading a batch of stuff all at once. That's not the case for AS. It can't download all of the episodes at the same time. It has to place the episodes into a queue (a line) where each episode will wait their turn before streaming/downloading.

Plus, it's important that we have the opportunity to select only certain episodes by adding them to a queue before initiating the download. There will be times when a Series is interrupted somewhere along the line. Let's say only 16 out of 20 episodes downloaded successfully, and on the 17th episode you ran out of tokens, or experienced a random technical issue; you would need to go back and download 17-20 only. If you can't just add those 4 episodes to the Download Queue, then you will need to download them each individually. What if it's 20 out of 50 episodes…?

Regardless of what RedFox calls it once implemented, I hope the functionality is the way I'm describing a Download Queue.

I don't want to make trouble here, Zero - but such a long, and official looking post on something that is complete fantasy? In my mind, suggestions like this have no place at all in the forum. All of this stemming from a simple question - would anyone pay more for additional providers? I might, depending on the provider. Pretty soon, RedFox 1 is going to have to to start putting up "false information" flags on your posts. :) Don't get me wrong, your "handbook" looks pretty spiffy, and other posts are sometimes useful. But I would refrain from speculation and suggestion when it comes to pricing. It's not like someone of authority asked how much you would be willing to fork out.

LOL please explain to people that’s this is just your idea and the prices are not an example Redfoxs prices going forward so they dont scan a page and think this is in anyway real lol
Good catch... all done! (y)

upload_2021-6-15_18-38-52.png

We don’t want people to bite , we want them to try the trial and see if they like it and then maybe become a good customer, I don’t think we have met many customers that ever didn’t like our programs, because we will let them try it first. Plus we have a forum To help them understand any issues they might have. I think that’s a big selling point.

I did not mean that in some negative way. By "bite" I just meant reach the point where they purchase. I feel so strongly that having the "series download" would be an asset to the program that I believe folks would reach that point even quicker than they already do. In other words they would be even more satisfied with the application. That's just my 2 cents though.

I did not mean that in some negative way. By "bite" I just meant reach the point where they purchase. I feel so strongly that having the "series download" would be an asset to the program that I believe folks would reach that point even quicker than they already do. In other words they would be even more satisfied with the application. That's just my 2 cents though.

I will straight up say that I purchased, and used, two other programs BEFORE AS because they had the ability to download a queue of shows - despite both of them being clearly inferior products - and knowing full well that AS provided better video quality.

I wound up buying AS anyways .. because I'm a stickler for detail, and I wanted better quality media (1080p) .. but I suspect there is a vast swath of folks out there who simply don't care if it is 720p or 1080p - are perfectly happy with their inferior programs - because they can queue up a few days of files and not think about it until they are done.

Actually, I know this. I've tried to get at least two friends to switch over to AS - and both of them care more about a lower time investment downloading, than they do about video quality. That and 2 cents will buy you someone else's opinion :)

If you deside to go to additional pricing for new providers, I will not be against it from the first place. As others already said, this depends on how you gonna design it to work.

But first I think the download queue would be far more useful and important than new providers. As I already said:
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/whats-the-next-big-thing-for-anystream.81440/#post-543771
Even if someone uses only one provider there is enough to get and I already have some big seasons I haven't AnyStreamed yet because there is no download queue and it is way too much effort do download them one by one, especially if the downloadables dialog starts by episode 1 each time you open it. (The series with 26 episodes per season are not a big deal, but I have some with 50 episodes and even 100-200 episodes, not only once).
But as I said in my linked post, you should do it only along with the tokens indicator. If I know I only have 10 Tokens left I wont start a season with 30 episodes (unless you write it that AS waits till a new token is there instead of just giving an error that no tokens are left and abort the dl).
And a "shutdown after the downloads are done" would be nice too so we don't have to worry if it will sit idle for hours. But in this case you shoudl add an additional setting for the case that errors occured, for example "Shutdown only if everything was successfull" or "save errors in txt and shutdown" so we can still read the error messages afterwards to determinate if we have to redownload something or not.

After this is done you might give us a few days so we can test it if there are any big errors and than I suggest to open a new topic where you explain what and how exactly you want it to do. Than we can better decide if we like it or not and have a own topic to make suggestions and requests to this (this=the payments for additional providers).

So the precedent has been set that additional providers are covered under your initial fee which is a fairly large expense for a consumer level application (relatively speaking).

It was the impression I had as well, especially important in weighing up the lifetime license fee, but at the same time I can accept that it may not be possible.

Adding new providers will take effort, each additional provider becomes additional regular maintenance burden for the development team. Already we have seen additional effort expended keeping Prime and D+ working in the face of breaking changes at the provider end. Niche high maintenance products may not have the numbers to keep things running without some additional fees. Remember, the laborers are worthy of their wages.

It is good that RedFox are being straightforward with these matters.

Competitors are not just expensive, some have a suite of vaguely similar products where it is not at all clear if you need one program, two programs or the entire suite to achieve your goals. Presumably they keep it vague in the hope people will buy the entire suite to play it safe, or keep trying to buy other programs when they discover the one they bought does not do the job they thought it would. It is a confusing mess, with plausible deniability due to language barriers, but certainly not practically minded user-centric design.

With AnyDVD and AnyStream you get two straightforward easy-to-use programs with clearly defined features that do everything you need them to do. It's quality product without any dodgy marketing tricks.

Pricing will be decided by management. Please do not worry, if new providers are added, there will be no obligation to buy them, and I don’t think it’s even been decided yet what providers will be added when they will be added, or if there will be a price attached to them. So please stop worrying about something that hasn’t happened yet After it happens, ( if it happens) then we can discuss the pros and cons. All we are doing now is letting our imaginations run wild.

Last edited:
Pricing will be decided by management. Please do not worry, if new providers are added, there will be no obligation to buy them, and I don’t think it’s even been decided yet what providers will be added, when they will be headed, or if there will be a price attached to them. So please stop worrying about something that hasn’t happened yet

I cannot speak for anyone else, but for me I am not worried. Redfox has always been fair and even generous with customers, I don't expect that to change.

HBO Max and Paramount+ should be next bg thing and batch download.

For me should cmore and viaplay became big but I know there is no prio yet on local providers.

Would you be willing to pay an additional fee for support of additional providers?

I will yes if we may can choose 3-4 providers for this price we have now and for may 5dollars/provider so will the price incres.

Back