• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Movie Only BD Guide

This method of reducing file size is brilliant! Golden Compass BD has 2 complete versions of the main title, one has p-i-p directors comments edited over the movie. By removing this I managed to shrink the iso size from 45gb to 23.8gb! This seems to good to be true. Can someone please point out some draw back to this.

No menus, no extras are two drawbacks to this. However, I consider the space savings to be worth it. Besides, if I want the menus and extras I'll just pull the titles off the shelf, so, no big deal. This whole method is about being lazy...I.E. mounting and image and just having it play. :) So, really, not a lot of drawbacks that I can see.

Thanks for the prompt reply. Can you please tell me how to recognise the eng subtitles required to keep. For example when they are included as translation for some scenes in the main movie. Is it one of the PGS Presentation Graphics Streams?

Yup, that's exactly what it is. I keep all english PGS. Given the many gigs of video and audio, the PGS is tiny in comparison so keeping them is no big deal. I get rid of the foreign ones but I keep the english ones.

thanks, I think I may have stuffed up Air Force Once. There are forced subtitles in this movie but I did not keep the PGS. Oh well I'll just do it again!

Cheers!

Mount them in Daemon Tools and run this process against the mounted Daemon Tools drive. No need to rerip to folders first.

not sure about this can you elaborate? Once the iso is mounted to say K: I try to run eac3to K: in cmd prompt but it says Souce file "K:" not found.

Uh, you have weird problems then. It works fine for me and others. I've done it many times on my daemon tools drive. Verify that k: is the right drive letter.

ok this is what it says in Daemon tools

Device O:[K:]J:\BLURAY\FILENAME_ISO

which is drive letter O or K? I have tied both.

That's not an O it's a 0. :) And the letter is K: so paste AnyDVD's status window for drive k: here so I can take a look at it.

Summary for drive K: (AnyDVD 6.4.3.2)
XX1409V DDU456D 1.0
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 17839040 sectors (34841 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: 28_WEEKS_LATER_F1
Media is not AACS protected.

Weird. You should definitely be able to run the eac3to k: command to get a status of the disc and have it spit out the playlists for you. I'm honestly not sure why it's failing for you.

bugger. when i try to click the k: in windows explorer it says "The disk is not formated , windows can not read from this disk." but it still plays alright in pwrdvd

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. It's all so clear to me now. You're one of them XP boys! You need to install the Toshiba UDF driver. Search the forum.

oh how silly. I was in the next day or so about to go to vista home premium. Think maybe i will do so earlier than later.

Thanks you for your help once again!

That's also a solution to the UDF problem, yes. :) Good luck!

I'm new and need a little help if ya'll dont mind. I don't understand what audio track to keep, the receiver I have is a Harmon Kardon AVR 146. I'm backing up is blood diamond, when i do eac3to i get

00000.mpls, 00000.m2ts, 2:23:22
-VC-1, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
-AC3, English, multi-channel, 48khz
-AC3, French, multi-channel, 48khz
-AC3, Spanish, multi-channel, 48khz
-AC3, English, stereo, 48khz
-RAW/PCM, English, multi-channel, 48khz

When I open it up in txMuxeR the audio channels I get for english is
AC3 eng Bitrate: 640kbps Sample Rate: 48kHz Channels:6
AC3 eng Bitrate: 640kbps Sample Rate: 48kHz Channels:2
LPCM eng Bitrate: 4608kbps Sample Rate: 48kHz Channels 5.1 Bits per sample: 16bit

I'm going to be playing this off of my macbook pro with the spif hooked up to my receiver. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

If you're going S/PDIF the easiest way is to keep the AC3 track. You can still keep all if you don't mind the space. LPCM should be the best quality one, but if you want to use S/PDIF it's a bit harder than analog. You'll have to use something that takes that LPCM stream and converts it to DTS or Dolby Digital multichannel before sending to the S/PDIF output. Some software like PowerDVD does that (though it used to have a very bad bug that caused a ringing sound, don't know if they fixed it yet). Also, some soundcards offer these features, called DTS Connect and Dolby Digital Live.

Thanks for the response. This shows my lack of knowledge but is ac3 dts? I want the best sound possible size is a small factor in this, if were talking 8 gbs to 1 gbs then I see where size might come into play but anything less then a few gigs is ok with me. I plan on using powerdvd and possibly xbmc (osx port) to play back, but the main question I have is will I be able to tell the difference in ac3 and raw/pcm?

Maybe. S/PDIF is dated these days. DTS is the highest quality you can get using it. The LPCM track is severe overkill for S/PDIF as it's going to be downsampled to DTS (assuming you use that option in PowerDVD) which has a max bandwidth of 1536 vs the 4608 that the LPCM track actually gives you. Our advice is going to be try both and see which one sounds better to you. This is going to be a matter of opinion and only yours counts on this issue. :) Try making two new ISOs...one with LPCM and one with AC3...and try them both out. If you can't tell the difference, keep the ac3 track. (No, ac3 is NOT DTS. It's dolby digital. 640kpbs max vs DTS' 1536kbps) You'll have to determine which is better for you.

Thanks for the explanation. Will do :)

wow i did lpcm 19 gb's i did ac3 5.1 and its 14 gb. so there is a 5 gb difference and i probably wont be able to tell the difference between them. so i think im going to stick with ac3 :) thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Samuri,

I have just installed vista ultimate on my machine and trying to play a mounted blu-ray iso in powerdvd 8 but it says that the disc in drive k: is unsupported.

Any ideas?

Back