• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Movie Only BD Guide

Weird. Like I said, post a message in the tsmuxer thread on doom9 and hopefully Roman can figure it out for you. What if you output an m2ts with tsmuxer and then create the bd folder structure from that using tsremux?
Ok, made a m2ts with tsmuxer, dropped it in the streams folder in the BD files made by tsremux. Moved the tsremux m2ts out of that folder and renamed the tsmuxer m2ts file appropriately (00001.m2ts) and it works beautifully.

I don't get it. I'll try the reverse, putting a tsremux m2ts file in the tsmuxer BD file structure, later tonight. I guess it will let me know if the probelm is with the tsmuxer BD file structure or with the M2TS file made in the Blu-ray disc process.

That's really strange. You could do a binary compare of the two folder structures (minus the m2ts file as we know that's not the issue) and see what the differences are.

Just tried this method, here is the output of eac3to

E:\ProgramFiles\Rip\eac3to>eac3to f:
1) 00002.mpls, 00028.m2ts, 1:32:33
- h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
- TrueHD, English, multi-channel, 48khz
- TrueHD, Japanese, multi-channel, 48khz
- AC3, French, stereo, 48khz

2) 00003.mpls, 00029.m2ts, 0:34:44
- MPEG2, 480i30 /1.001 (4:3)
- AC3, Japanese, stereo, 48khz

I loaded 00002.mpls into tsmuxer and the resulting output had nice video but no audio at all! I selected the Dolby TrueHD as the audio I wanted.
Can anyone see why??

Last edited:
Are you using PowerDVD to play it back? If so, right click and select show information while playing it. Does it show any info for audio?

I'm using MPClassic and when I select properties and view the details, I see h264 video but no audio!

The original BR disc plays just fine in MPClassic.

I'll try it again tonight.

Last edited:
And you're sure MPClassic has a codec for playing truehd and it's not just picking up one of the ac3 tracks instead? (On the original...since you remove the ac3 tracks on the copy, it may not be able to pick up any playable audio...that's my theory)

hey sam
i couldn't find the forum topic of how to close the bd-r disc when u forgot to close

please help me if u can thankyou

By golly SamuriHL your 100% correct! The playback from the computer gave me the commentary which is ac3!

So is there any trueHD decoders I can use with MPC or is it only PowerDVD that can decode it??

Thanks for sorting it out, so far anyway!

I'm trying the eac3to way also, I used this command line - eac3to f: 1)

and I just get the drive humming and grinding on and on. I thought with that command I would get a result back within 10 seconds,no??

Update -- Just tried it with the HDD rip and it works fine, eac3to is now converting the trueHD to ac3 for playback on USB HDD plugged into PS3! But I would like to hear it with a trueHD codec on my computer too!!

Last edited:
For that you'll need PowerDVD and (currently) analog output to your receiver. If you're trying to play it through SPDIF, it'll always downmix it to the core audio anyway, so you won't get ANY benefit to having TrueHD. So, if you're doing SPDIF, your best bet is to downmix the audio to core AC3 as that's the best quality you're going to get anyway, and it will save you a ton of space. I have my audio output to my receiver via 6 channel analog so I get the benefit of the HD audio formats. (mostly...I could use another 2 channels for full 7.1 but that's another day's concern)

One more question, I read somewhere that if I use your method, in the first post of this thread, that I CAN copy the Blu-ray folder structure to an AVCHD folder (with a trueHD soundtrack) to an external HDD, then plug it into the PS3 and it will recognize and playback just like a disc! I believe I have to also rename the files to a 3 letter extension, instead of m2ts, I think they must be mts??

Have you heard about this method?? I think it was on doom9 but I can't find it.

Thanks

I'm not sure. I've never tried it. In theory it should work. Check the tsmuxer thread on doom9 in the authoring section. It's a LONG thread so maybe search it for avchd.

That's really strange. You could do a binary compare of the two folder structures (minus the m2ts file as we know that's not the issue) and see what the differences are.
Yeah the M2ts files are fine, it is something in the file structure.
How do I compare the binary?

It seems using the first post instructions and copying the BR disc structure to a AVCHD folder on a USB HDD, I can playback video but since the disc had only trueHD english audio I had to select that for tsmuxer and it does not playback from this USB HDD. I know the PS3 supports trueHD from a real BR disc but I guess not from HDD. Can anyone confirm that trueHD will/will not playback from USB HDD?

Yeah the M2ts files are fine, it is something in the file structure.
How do I compare the binary?

You'll need to use something like UltraCompare for that. That's the one I use, but, I'm sure there are others that can do the same thing.

It seems using the first post instructions and copying the BR disc structure to a AVCHD folder on a USB HDD, I can playback video but since the disc had only trueHD english audio I had to select that for tsmuxer and it does not playback from this USB HDD. I know the PS3 supports trueHD from a real BR disc but I guess not from HDD. Can anyone confirm that trueHD will/will not playback from USB HDD?

I was actually wondering if it'd treat it like streaming. You can't stream HD audio to the PS3. But, I thought AVCHD structures were different. I don't have time to play with that concept this week unfortunately. Maybe someone else can confirm it for you.

Another guy on doom9 is asking the same question, he has tried a few movies and none playback with trueHD. I ran the tsmuxer avchd structure thru eac3to just to see if there was actually a trueHD soundtrack in there and there was so either tsmuxer has a bug when it muxes trueHD or the PS3 does not support trueHD from an external HDD, although the PS3 does now support DTS-HD MA from an external HDD (muxed with tsmuxer) as confirmed by a few guys.

Last edited:
Sweet. TrueHD is optional for BD support anyway. It's good, and I don't mind it, but, it's not a required audio standard.

Neewb question

Hi there,

How is it possible to pay back dts hd and true hd from ps3? does this occur through hdmi? I thought they disabled this?

Also SamuriHL,
I posted a question for you here, if you have a minute to answer it that is.

Cheers mate.

Back