• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Movie Only BD Guide

Yea, that's bad. It likely means the ISO you're trying to play is missing something that PowerDVD 8 requires. PowerDVD 7 was more lenient as to what it'd play. Does it have a certificate folder, for example? It needs one. Do originals play ok? Does a 1:1 ISO play? (Meaning a stright read off the original into ISO format, and mount that without modification of the content). If the answer to either of those questions is yes, then your ISO is missing something.

The only thing that will play is the original disc. Everything works fine with 7.3319a. Is there any benefit in using 8 over 7?

Some. I'd say you have exactly the problem I described...something's missing. Try making an ISO using my ISO Creation guide from an original that plays, mount that, and play it. I'm fairly confident that'll work.

ok another question/problem. I bought semi-pro yesterday and trying to do the backup the only audio channels I get is DTS-HD, I used tsMuxeR to do what it does but two problem come out of this.

1) the file cannot be played with power dvd, in tsmuxer i click create blu-ray disc but the m2ts file cannot be played in powerdvd

2) in xbmc (osx port) which i can play the m2ts i get no audio. i believe this is do to the fact that it is dts-hd and not dts (somebody pls correct me if im wrong in this thinking)

So my question is how and what do I need to do? Thanks for any help.

First off, why does everyone try to play the m2ts file directly? This is not a good idea. You should be making an ISO from the new folder you output from TSMuxer and mount that ISO with daemon tools so that PowerDVD sees a drive it can play from. That'll solve that immediate problem. If you need help making an ISO, see my folder->ISO guide.

Second, yes, xbmc is not going to support any HD audio formats. In TSMuxer you can check off the option to extract the core DTS audio from the DTS-HD MA track. That should give you playable audio in xbmc (assuming it supports DTS at all...I have no idea).

First off, why does everyone try to play the m2ts file directly? This is not a good idea. You should be making an ISO from the new folder you output from TSMuxer and mount that ISO with daemon tools so that PowerDVD sees a drive it can play from. That'll solve that immediate problem. If you need help making an ISO, see my folder->ISO guide.

Second, yes, xbmc is not going to support any HD audio formats. In TSMuxer you can check off the option to extract the core DTS audio from the DTS-HD MA track. That should give you playable audio in xbmc (assuming it supports DTS at all...I have no idea).

yes well I wanted to make it playable first then make the iso. xbmc does support dts, so I'm going to try to extract the core DTS from the stream like you suggested. Thanks for the response.

Some. I'd say you have exactly the problem I described...something's missing. Try making an ISO using my ISO Creation guide from an original that plays, mount that, and play it. I'm fairly confident that'll work.

1) Could you please elaborate on some?
2) I was using your BD movie only guide which removes some of the other folders from the disc structure which I'm sure is why pwrdvd 8 won't play them. Even if what you are saying works, I suppose i can't have it both ways. eg playing a movie only bd with pwrdvd8.

Things are going from bad to worse since instaling windows vista 64 ultimate. Blu-ray playback is choppy. I can't make it through 5 mins of a movie before I have to re-boot the machine.

Somethings not right. Everything worked fine with xp. tried both current and previous nvidia forceware no diff, still choppy.

Very close to going back to xp.

1) Could you please elaborate on some?
2) I was using your BD movie only guide which removes some of the other folders from the disc structure which I'm sure is why pwrdvd 8 won't play them. Even if what you are saying works, I suppose i can't have it both ways. eg playing a movie only bd with pwrdvd8.

No, that's wrong. I use my movie only backups with PowerDVD 8. But, you must include EVERYTHING that's output from TSMuxer in the new blu-ray folder on your ISO. Which is why I say to use my makeISO batch file on the newly created folder. PowerDVD 8 is more strict about what it'll play. If you're going to make the ISO by hand, inlude everything in the new folder and make sure it's udf 2.50.

I just realised that not even an actual original disc will play in pwrdvd8 I'm getting the same error about unsuported format. Every thing in my system is hdcp compliant.

You need to fix that first then. That sucks.

Another question, can I use tsremux to create a movie only bd folder from the orginal disc? If so would it still be quicker to rip first? Would andvd hd need to be enabled?

Last edited:
Yes, you can do it from the original with AnyDVD enabled. It would be quicker as you're only "ripping" what you need.

Alright you lazy slugs, I've updated the main post to make it easier for those struggling with the eac3to command. I gave you 3 options. Those that want to bitch about passing the path to the movie in on the command line to the batchfile are smart enough to figure out how to change it, so, no whining. :) No more "I run it and it just goes away" nonsense. :) Pick your poison.

Hi SamuriHL,

I just got this error when tsmuxer finished with ripping movie only pirates of caribiean-1.

"AV frame too large (56801 bytes). Increase AV buffer."

The resultant movie willl not play.

Can you help?

In the output window it says

SmartLabs tsMuxeR. Version 1.8.4(b) http://www.smlabs.net
Decoding H264 stream (track 1): Profile: High@4.1 Resolution: 1920:1080p Frame rate: 23.976
H.264 muxing fps not set. Get fps from stream.
H264 bitstream changed: insert pict timing and buffering period SEI units
H264 bitstream changed: insert SPS/PPS units
Decoding PGS stream (track 4): Resolution: 1920:1080 Frame rate: 23.976
Decoding PGS stream (track 3): Resolution: 1920:1080 Frame rate: 23.976
Decoding PGS stream (track 5): Resolution: 1920:1080 Frame rate: 23.976

For that type of thing you definitely want to post it on the doom9 forum in the thread for tsmuxer, not here. That's definitely some kind of tsmuxer problem so I have no idea how to fix it.

For that type of thing you definitely want to post it on the doom9 forum in the thread for tsmuxer, not here. That's definitely some kind of tsmuxer problem so I have no idea how to fix it.

Thanks,

Unfortunatley I tried to register with doom9 forum but it says that it won't let me post a new thread unless I have been a member for at least 5 days! What a joke! Who do they think they are?

I know it's a lot to ask but do you think you might be able to quickly post my question? Please??????:bowdown:

If you have time here is the link.

Last edited:
It's better if you wait and post it yourself. They may need more information and I so don't want to be a go between. Since I'm not experiencing the problem, it's not really appropriate for me to post it. They have their rules for their own reasons. But the author is in that thread, so, it's a good idea to be patient and post there. Also, read through that thread. Others have had similar problems to yours if I remember correctly.

Point taken. I want to thank you for this guide. I have saved an average of about 10gig per movie so far!

Just another quick question. Can spdif carry lossless audio in pcm form or only hdmi?

Back