• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

English actually English Descriptive

mattu

hey I currently have an issue with money heist season 3 where with the following configurations the audio is descriptive instead of just english. the download worked without any issues but if I play the file, I have a commentator voice in the audio. on NF I can choose between "english" and "english - audio description", but I don't get this choice in AS. interestingly I don't have this option for season 1 or season 2 either but there the normal audio is downloaded without description. is this just me or a well known issue? haven't found any similar threads...

EDIT: interestingly when I choose "448kbps" as audio track I get the audio description, however if I select "640kbps" I get the file without audio description...

Attachments

• money-heist.JPG
    money-heist.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 448kbps-audio-descriptive.astlog
    650.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 640kbps-english.astlog
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
hey I currently have an issue with money heist season 3 where with the following configurations the audio is descriptive instead of just english. the download worked without any issues but if I play the file, I have a commentator voice in the audio. on NF I can choose between "english" and "english - audio description", but I don't get this choice in AS. interestingly I don't have this option for season 1 or season 2 either but there the normal audio is downloaded without description. is this just me or a well known issue? haven't found any similar threads...
You should post a Log file so the can see what is happening

You have to pick the English track that just says (English Original). If you pick the one that just says (English), it results in grabbing the audio description track.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to pick the English track that just says (English Original). If you pick the one that just says (English), it results in grabbing the audio description track.

Hope this helps.

This isn't possible for content that is dubbed and has audio description. for example Squid Game and Money Heist will only let you select English, which is the audio description track.

This isn't possible for content that is dubbed and has audio description. for example Squid Game and Money Heist will only let you select English, which is the audio description track.

Why is it not possible? Blind people don't listen to dubbed, foreign films?

Why is it not possible? Blind people don't listen to dubbed, foreign films?

"not possible" referring to AnyStream specifically in this case. You only get one "English" option for dubbed titles instead of "English" and "English - Audio Description"

You should post a Log file so the can see what is happening
oh sure, sorry, didn't think it would help much here since it's not really an error

"not possible" referring to AnyStream specifically in this case. You only get one "English" option for dubbed titles instead of "English" and "English - Audio Description"
but I see I'm not the only one with this problem

Is there any way we might get two options for the language selection here? so one with and one without the description? it's really weird though that for season 2 it takes the audio without description and for season 3 the one with... since for both seasons both versions are available on NF

Attachments

• anystream.astlog
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
I just checked, this is an actual issue. English original doesn’t seem to be selectable. Very interesting.

I just found this thread that says the same thing - I redownloaded some episodes and it seems arbitrary to me, whether the audio description is chosen or the "normal" one. I got audio description for the first episode of season 3 and 5 of money heist but not for the other seasons (always the first episode). here are the logs (using version 1283)

Attachments

• season1.astlog
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • season2.astlog
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • season3.astlog
  • season4.astlog
  • season5.astlog
Something like that did already happen in the past, see this thread. Maybe the bugs are similar to each other.

Something like that did already happen in the past, see this thread. Maybe the bugs are similar to each other.

just read through the whole thing - seems like this was fixed in an earlier version but now is happening again? I've downloaded plenty of episodes from other shows without problems and still can now. However it seems that for some episodes of certain series this is still an issue:

Also is seems very random - sometimes the audio track is the original English one, sometimes it's the audio description... In any case, on NF I can select between "English" and "English - audio description". This separation does not show on AS, so it might be chosen arbitrarily?

I tried downloading the episodes without subtitles as shown above and as @RedFox 1 has mentioned in the older thread, however without success.

here's something interesting though: I downloaded money heist season 4 episode 2 once with the audio setting "448 kbps DD+ 5.1HQ 6 channels" and once with "640 kbps DD+ 5.1HQ 6 channels". The one with the lower quality resulted in the file having the audio description, the other one didn't... (for both the audio language is set to "English") here are the logs

EDIT: to bring this even further, for episodes 1 and 3-8 it's the other way around... so "640 kbps" has the audio description and "448 kbps" doesn't (log for this is "AnyStream_1.2.8.3.astlog")

Attachments

• 448kbps-audio-descriptive.astlog
    650.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 640kbps-english.astlog
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • AnyStream_1.2.8.3.astlog
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
just read through the whole thing - seems like this was fixed in an earlier version but now is happening again? I've downloaded plenty of episodes from other shows without problems and still can now. However it seems that for some episodes of certain series this is still an issue:

Also is seems very random - sometimes the audio track is the original English one, sometimes it's the audio description... In any case, on NF I can select between "English" and "English - audio description". This separation does not show on AS, so it might be chosen arbitrarily?

I tried downloading the episodes without subtitles as shown above and as @RedFox 1 has mentioned in the older thread, however without success.
Usually if you set subtitles to embedded and if there are no subtitles you won't get any.

Usually if you set subtitles to embedded and if there are no subtitles you won't get any.

ah sorry, with "no success" I meant that the audio was still descriptive - there is no problem with the subtitles

here's something interesting though: I downloaded money heist season 4 episode 2 once with the audio setting "448 kbps DD+ 5.1HQ 6 channels" and once with "640 kbps DD+ 5.1HQ 6 channels". The one with the lower quality resulted in the file having the audio description, the other one didn't... (for both the audio language is set to "English") here are the logs

EDIT: to bring this even further, for episodes 1 and 3-8 it's the other way around... so "640 kbps" has the audio description and "448 kbps" doesn't (log for this is "AnyStream_1.2.8.3.astlog")

I also tried downloading other bitrates but there's no pattern here - it's random which track you get, with (in my experience) a bias toward getting the assistive track.

I'm holding off on grabbing any dubbed content until the devs can look into this. I've wasted too many tokens on this already.

I currently download a season without german audio on NF, and I can see both english and english (original). I selectet the original track and it seems to be standard audio, nothing descriptive. Will upload the log in another thread since I want to report a small thing on that season.

Back