• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Netflix (Audio Descriptions)

kuhnglobal1

I have been having issue with some DL's on Netflix recently with the Visually Impaired Audio Descriptions being the only Audio that seems to be available, and listed as 5.1. Not all DL's, but only some. I have even played around with the same DL, doing so multiple times for the different quality audio streams, and it seems to be on all of them that are on those 'certain' DL's. For instance... The Little Rascals movie, or the fantastic series-documentary "The Lost Pirate Kingdom"... episodes 1, 3, and 6 only. I have also played around with the file in different players, and even remade a few files with HandBrake.... and I cannot isolate, and eliminate that audio description track.

I am using 1.1.5.2

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated please?

Without a logfile, there's very little the developers can do. That said, anystream depends on the playlist it's being offered by the provider. Can you see other tracks in the provider's native mobile app/browser?

I have been having issue with some DL's on Netflix recently with the Visually Impaired Audio Descriptions being the only Audio that seems to be available, and listed as 5.1. Not all DL's, but only some. I have even played around with the same DL, doing so multiple times for the different quality audio streams, and it seems to be on all of them that are on those 'certain' DL's. For instance... The Little Rascals movie, or the fantastic series-documentary "The Lost Pirate Kingdom"... episodes 1, 3, and 6 only. I have also played around with the file in different players, and even remade a few files with HandBrake.... and I cannot isolate, and eliminate that audio description track.

I am using 1.1.5.2

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated please?
Look at the GUI, upper left-hand corner you will see FILE. press it, you will see create a log file, create it, upload it to the forum. Thank you

Please forgive my late response... Attached is a Log File that I created just now after I re-DL'd the first episode of the Netflix series "The Lost Pirate Kingdom". Like I stated before... I chose the 1080P option, with top stereo option (one of two options), and American English for the Language. This second time of DL'ing this episode and I still received the same results with the Audio Description coming through for Visually Impaired. I am not certain what to do about that. Three of the six episodes are like this... as well as a few other movie titles I have looked at lately. I am not certain when I first noticed this, but it was recently. Maybe I have a setting wrong somewhere possibly?

Thank you for all you do RedFox.... truly.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.5.2.astlog
    741.4 KB · Views: 0
Please forgive my late response... Attached is a Log File that I created just now after I re-DL'd the first episode of the Netflix series "The Lost Pirate Kingdom". Like I stated before... I chose the 1080P option, with top stereo option (one of two options), and American English for the Language. This second time of DL'ing this episode and I still received the same results with the Audio Description coming through for Visually Impaired. I am not certain what to do about that. Three of the six episodes are like this... as well as a few other movie titles I have looked at lately. I am not certain when I first noticed this, but it was recently. Maybe I have a setting wrong somewhere possibly?

Thank you for all you do RedFox.... truly.
Try the audio setting on your software player. It may be just that easy.

This sounds like the same issue mentioned in other threads in which the response was "fixed in the next release". If a fix is available for this, it would be nice to have it available in a beta sooner than later because as it stands now, downloading from NFX is gambling with our tokens. I figured grabbing an anime series would be safe only to discover after getting an entire series that NFX has Japanese descriptive audio for some of the stuff they publish. Only sure thing I've come up with is to use a browser to confirm a show has no descriptive audio track before downloading it with AS...and to wait for the next build for this issue to be fixed before gambling away any more tokens.

Try the audio setting on your software player. It may be just that easy.
Thank you RedFox.. truly. :) I have tried setting in a few different media players, and they all have the same audio stream, with no others to select, or modify in settings. I am lost on this. The series I used as example, The Lost Pirate Kingdom, episodes 1, 3 and 6 were the only three to have that Audio Description that I cannot seem to avoid. For verification please, if you DL episode 1 of that series, do you also have this issue. Actually... would anyone also verify this is happening by DL'ing episode 1 as well? If you have time that is. Much appreciated. :banghead::):):)

Thank you again RedFox for all you provide to us... you are truly amazing!

This is what I get, and I downloaded and it plays just fine. The commentary is part of the docuseries.Lost Pirate.png

Last edited:
The Commentary is part of the show. Look it up in google.
Derek Jacobi

The Lost Pirate Kingdom is a 2021 docuseries released by Netflix.
The Lost Pirate Kingdom
Starring James Oliver Wheatley Sam Callis Tom Padley Evan Milton Miles Yekinni
Narrated by Derek Jacobi - Thats on every part of all the series.
Composer Michael A. Levine
15 more rows

This sounds like the same issue mentioned in other threads in which the response was "fixed in the next release". If a fix is available for this, it would be nice to have it available in a beta sooner than later because as it stands now, downloading from NFX is gambling with our tokens. I figured grabbing an anime series would be safe only to discover after getting an entire series that NFX has Japanese descriptive audio for some of the stuff they publish. Only sure thing I've come up with is to use a browser to confirm a show has no descriptive audio track before downloading it with AS...and to wait for the next build for this issue to be fixed before gambling away any more tokens.

I have the same Audio problem with NF Love Death and Robots season 2, only descriptive Audio available.
Still waiting for the "fixed in next release" release :rockingchair:

It is what I see as well... and thank you for verifying for me RedFox. The commentary is indeed part of show, however the "Audio Description" is what I am referring to. Like when the Netflix logo comes up, a woman's voice describes the Netflix logo.... this is not part of the commentary track, but is the Audio Description for the Visually Impaired. This is a very strange thing to not be able to de-select from the video file. Even playing it on PLEX there is no option to not hear the "audio description".... it is stumping me. LOL. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I do not get any wording on the picture. Just the commentary. Download VLC and you see an audio dropdown box to disable that

I have the same Audio problem with NF Love Death and Robots season 2, only descriptive Audio available.
Very strange as I do not have that issue at all. Would you mind telling me what software you are using to play it? I am assuming we are all using V1152, The devs will look at the logfile and see the issue, I am sure the devs will see the issue, but it worrys me that I do not have any issue at all. That is troubling unless I am in a different sector than you are.

The Commentary is part of the show. Look it up in google.
Derek Jacobi

The Lost Pirate Kingdom is a 2021 docuseries released by Netflix.
The Lost Pirate Kingdom
Starring James Oliver Wheatley Sam Callis Tom Padley Evan Milton Miles Yekinni
Narrated by Derek Jacobi - Thats on every part of all the series.
Composer Michael A. Levine
15 more rows

Don't know about the Pirate Kingdom show, but "descriptive Audio" is not the same as "commentary" audio.
Descriptive audio is a soundtrack that explains what you see on the screen (e.g. "A red letter "N" unfolds into a spectrum of colors - Text appears, saying "a netflix original series" / the text transforms into three symbols..... )

I'm having the same issue with two specific episodes of Ozark - Season 1 episodes 2 and 3. Other episodes seem unaffected that I've verified so far.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.5.2.astlog
    297.3 KB · Views: 0
Very strange as I do not have that issue at all. Would you mind telling me what software you are using to play it? I am assuming we are all using V1152, and why is there no logfile here.

AS v1.5.2 64 bit / Tested with Power DVD 20 / VLC / Plex Player

Episode 1 of season 2 has the correct audio (even if it's listed as "descriptive") but starting with Episode 2, descriptive is really descriptive

upload_2021-6-28_18-21-6.png

Like another poster mentioned, I have never seen this with AP.
Sorry, no logfile as it was mentioned that this is a known issue and will be fixed in the next release...which I'm waiting for.

I just tested that also, its a cartoon with only the audio, no commentary or writing on the screen.

AS v1.5.2 64 bit / Tested with Power DVD 20 / VLC / Plex Player

Episode 1 of season 2 has the correct audio (even if it's listed as "descriptive") but starting with Episode 2, descriptive is really descriptive

View attachment 58398

Like another poster mentioned, I have never seen this with AP.
Why did you put a check box in American English Discriptive? I have absolutely no issues in Netflix with any of those titles. Ozark is my fav show and the others I tested are fine. You should all leave logfiles.

Back