• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia and a third-party product

From what I've read, this cinex is a brute-force method and seems to be producing bad output.

See this: http://www.myce.com/news/dvd-ranger-cinex-module-beta-tested-beats-cinavia-68353/ a very nicely done, professional evaluation.

The thread "discussions" get a little colorful the further you read.

I will only offer that DVDRanger fans like ReadMeToo should tone down their rhetoric and stop assuming any user not getting the expected results must be an idiot. And if one has to visit their forum for "setting corrections" then this thing is not ready for prime time.
Even if DVDRanger DOES create a viable solution for cinavia circumvention, I have doubts due to previous broken promises, the attitude of the two(?) people promoting the DVDRanger "solution" here and on the myce.com site is appalling and offensive.

This is good marketing from a supposed world-class software company and its employees? HA! Thanks guys, you have lost at least one potential customer (me) by being so intensely hostile and abusive. You have only yourselves to blame.

Microsoft and Apple both were started by a couple of guys in a garage, but those in charge knew to NOT berate people because they were expressing legitimate concerns about the product.

Adbear
I'd appreciate being told what it is as the only setting I've changed so far is to turn on the CinEx box.

I gave a suggestion

And there are settings within the software that must be set to correctly use the software with BD ,
Your suggestions were to run Cyberlinks BD Checker and to read the manual, both of which I did. The other was to post up on the DVDRanger forum, I didn't see much point after your derisive comments.
I also find it strange that there should be 'special' settings to make it work with Blu-ray when everything works fine until I tick the 'CinEx' button. I've been through all the menu's and see no special Blu-ray settings, and I can use the software fine and make Blu-ray backups until I tick the 'CinEx' button at which point I get one of the 3 issues I stated before, none of which give me a working Cinavia free audio track.

One wonders why "Sony" didn't "file an injunction"(!) against this "CinEx" also?

If they heard what the result sounds like, why would they?

I wouldn't be too surprised, if Sony or Verance themselves are behind cinex, to prove to the world, how bad any attempt to remove the watermark ends. Just to discourage others ;)

If they heard what the result sounds like, why would they?

I wouldn't be too surprised, if Sony or Verance themselves are behind cinex, to prove to the world, how bad any attempt to remove the watermark ends. Just to discourage others ;)

Wow, you are a suspicious person. :p

I have to admit I was thinking something similar, but wasn't going to say anything lest I get accused of being a conspiracy monger. ;)

This seems to be much the same as the Audacity "fix": It "works" as far as removing Cinavia, but the damage to the audio is unacceptable. :eek:

With the AnyDVD HD "Cinavia fix" now updated (just be careful when updating your software players in the future), IMO there's not much reason to do anything different until Slyce takes this alleged solution to the woodshed. :rock:

Last edited:
This seems to be much the same as the Audacity "fix": It "works" as far as removing Cinavia, but the damage to the audio is unacceptable. :eek:

With the AnyDVD HD "Cinavia fix" now updated (just be careful when updating your software players in the future), IMO there's not much reason to do anything different until Slyce takes this alleged solution to the woodshed. :rock:
you mean this one:
http://club.myce.com/f62/improved-cinavia-removal-method-audacity-333348/

heres the before & after:

Last edited:
Your "before" & "after" sound like different snippets altogether. Though possibly from the same tune, that does NOT prove Cinavia was ever in the audio -- much less that it was removed. :bang:

Still, my point wasn't to push the Audacity "fix"; it was to point out DVD-Ranger's "fix" is essentially the same. It shouldn't take much more effort by the boys in Antigua to bury both of 'em in the dust with Slyce.

Does not work for nothing

I can tell you right now the software you are talking about does not work , this software just try to make a copy from bluray to mt2s compresset from 21gb to 6 gb and the audio is crappy make strange noise ,i bought the software last october , i'm testing now ,but doesn't work!i tried another software "fab" and its work doing the same thing great audio and cinavia free,the audio is been changed from dts to ac3

Your "before" & "after" sound like different snippets altogether. Though possibly from the same tune, that does NOT prove Cinavia was ever in the audio...
That wasn't what I was trying to prove...it was a comparison of what it sounds
like with cinavia removal applied. The before & after are used to determine
whether the solution is worth considering. If you have cinavia infected files you may wanna try the solution before assuming your right. One thing I learned the hard way is: "don't knock it, before you try it." logic doesn't always work.
Verifying does.

Audacity cinavia removal?

what do u guys think about this guys solution:
Code:
http://club.myce.com/f62/dvd-rangers-cinex-vs-audacity-cinavia-removal-333447/

I dont know how serious this guy is.

Not that audacity stuff again. Its no fix lol, that "fix" distorts the audio so bad it becomes impossible to listen at or hear anything. Have you tried that "fix".

Not that audacity stuff again. Its no fix lol, that "fix" distorts the audio so bad it becomes impossible to listen at or hear anything. Have you tried that "fix".

I think Peer hit it on the head with this one, I have tried the settings and the result is dreadfull.

Very suspicious, is he/post Verance plant to demoralise any attempt at this.

If it disrupts detection then its usless, if does not then its usless.

I must admit though, I am in the "difficult to remove with useable audio as a result" camp.

Probably, removal not the answer, other options.

Last edited by a moderator:
I downloaded a trial of the new Cinex and I Had to try it for myself I ripped the cinivia infested movies with cinex and without to compare the audio I had mixed results I had one BD movie I did with the cinex check marked and the quality of the audio was degraded but almost to the point it was not too bad the others the audio was distorted beyond watchable.

The movies I tried none of them triggered the warning message using TMT 6 the others without the cinex checked triggered the watermark I ripped them to MKV format.

I am not quite ready to rule the company out @ this point even with all the fiasco over the last year.

Well I tried it might work well with lots more work I don't know and when it does come out of beta I won't be able to try it anyway because my trial expired which if they o make improvements I won't be able to test the out of beta program so that= I won't be buying...never mind I forgot I am banned from any future purchases anyway according to the company..:D

I only brought it up because the reports of how CinEx degrades the audio reminded me of it, though later reports suggest CinEx may be slightly better. Still, if it were THAT simple Slyce might already be out by now; I seriously doubt SlySoft will release Slyce's Cinavia module until it produces HIGH-quality audio output. 8)

I am a bit surprised some dissatisfied employee, or maybe ex-employee from Verance has not jumped ship and come over to the other side.

I am sure there are corporations who are willing to pay dissatisfied employees from Verance a salary to let the secret out on how to mix in Cinavia with the audio and how to remove Cinavia from the audio without downgrading the audio.

If Verance knows how to put Cinavia in, then they know how to take Cinavia out.:D

It happens everyday in the real world, it boils down to which corporation is going to pay me the most:D

Hi FE

The reason that I am in the "difficult to remove with useable audio as a result" camp, is because the Cinavia watermark is NOT audio mixed in with the original audio.

If it were a signal added to the original, then I would be in complete agreement with you. Unfortunately it is not.

The Cinavia watermark is placed into the analogue signal by altering the original audio, i.e. modulating the original hence the reason why is cannot exists in silent passages within the audio stream.
In other words, where the original information in the audio has been altered, the original information is lost, it no longer exists within the audio stream.

It is not a case of simply removing the signal, because the signal is the new altered audio.

Last edited by a moderator:
best cinavia removal

EZ Cinavia removal: get a program named: AVS Video Editor...drag and drop video to its interface then select the video
and drag to timeline...go to "audio" you will see "audio effects settings"
click pinch shift make sure to check mark it....and enter rate: 115
keep in mind the (default rate is 100.) however enter 115 and click "OK" then click produce...
and soon you will have a cinavia free video. with a little deep audio tone. Very enjoyable quality unlike before.
Have a nice day.

EZ Cinavia removal: get a program named: AVS Video Editor...drag and drop video to its interface then select the video
and drag to timeline...go to "audio" you will see "audio effects settings"
click pinch shift make sure to check mark it....and enter rate: 115
keep in mind the (default rate is 100.) however enter 115 and click "OK" then click produce...
and soon you will have a cinavia free video. with a little deep audio tone. Very enjoyable quality unlike before.
Have a nice day.

yeah right, that's just another variation of the audacity "trick". It don't work. Using a video editor like that, "fix" cinavia? lmao. You only lower the pitch and not recode it. To remove the cinavia signal the audio will have to undergo some form of recode to disable it.

yeah right, that's just another variation of the audacity "trick". It don't work. Using a video editor like that, "fix" cinavia? lmao. You only lower the pitch and not recode it. To remove the cinavia signal the audio will have to undergo some form of recode to disable it.

it isnt whatsoever. The Audacity trick uses filters which degrade the audio...this one uses another method (pinch shift). I really want someone to test this because it works.

AVS Video Editor cost $60. Would certainly be worth the cost, especially in the long run, if it does not distort the audio too much. I don't have a Cinavia infected hardware player to run the tests.

Have you taken a Cinavia source disk (BD-ROM) ripped and ran the audio thru AVS Video Editor and built the Blu-ray back-up movie only disk and put it on a BD-R single layer? If you have, what does the audio sound like on a Blu-ray standalone hardware player?

Passes on the latest PS3 firmware.
Quality:
It sounds nearly the same. no distortion. You can try to verify it on the latest version of WinDVD or TMT which detects cinavia infected files in mkv format.

Last edited:
I can't see any way to get it to make 5.1 audio to Blu-ray, so it appears to make stereo audio which doesn't necessarily prove anything as some discs will play without Cinavia if the audio is dropped to stereo. It also crashes as soon as I tell it to make a Blu-ray.

Just used the AVS Audio editor to pitch adjust the audio on it's own and it sounds awful, setting it to 115 in that makes everyone high and squeaky. Also used the pitch adjust inside AVS Video convertor, set it to 115 and played it back inside the software as it always crashes if I tell it to make the Blu-ray, and that also sounds awful everyone sounds deep and slow with distortion

Last edited:
Back