• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia and a third-party product

Tried the settings you posted:
Mutes after 20 Minutes. Wasn't surprised.

Might wanna try this solution:
get a program named: AVS Video Editor...drag and drop video to its interface then select the video
and drag to timeline...go to "audio" you will see "audio effects settings"
click pitch shift make sure to check mark it....and enter rate: 115
keep in mind the (default rate is 100.) however enter 115 and click "OK" then click produce...
and soon you will have a cinavia free video. with a little deep audio tone. Very enjoyable quality unlike before.
Have a nice day.

You can also use Audacity to adjust the pitch to 14 or 15% + enter mp3 file effects: change pitch. to 15+

DVD players too :D For me its trial & error for the sakes of lulz.

for gods sake not an audacity spam post again. IT DOESNT WORK. That has been said every time now such a post as that one appears.

Yes. And after Mr. DVDRanger said over at MyCE.com

I can't remember that we've blown any "warm air". The Cinavia removal in AnyDVD is very, very good and fits AnyDVD's design goal (restriction and annoyances free playback of *original* discs an a PC).

Anyway, here is SlySoft with a simple and quite effective solution (and pretty good sound) for single files like MKVs.

*drum-roll*

Re-encode the sound to AC3 640 kbit/s with a sampling rate of 44.1 kHz.

Cinavia will no longer be detected from any software player. I was too lazy to try it with the PS3 or hardware players, but I believe it will work, too.
The crucial part is the sampling frequency. Cinavia detection can only work with sample rates which are multiples (or even dividers) of 48 kHz. (12, 24, 96), because of the way the detection algorithm works. The Cinavia signal is still present, of course, so I cannot predict, how future proof this workaround is. Devices with enough processing power could re-sample the sound back to 48kHz before feeding it into the detector. Or Verance could add a re-sampler to their detector. But I believe embedded players might not have enough CPU power to do this.

If someone wants to try this on a PS3, I would be interested, if this works.

LMAO! That's freaking hilarious. :D

I have a brilliant iidea...

I have a brilliant idea...its been proven that adjusting the pitch to 15+ makes cinavia hard to read thus it will not trigger
the message in 20 minutes. It works! Implement it. consider it a free feature as a test. which is not hard to implement.
That way you guys get the heads up from users. Please consider it James. :agree:
And this is verified on the latest PS3 firmware...and people please stop calling it the "Audacity solution." its not the same.

I would call it "Cheesy Cinavia removal" :p

Not so brilliant idea...

I have a brilliant idea

Who in their right mind wants to watch a movie where the audio is not running at the correct speed?
The video would also have to be adjusted to match the audio.

Horrible.

Who in their right mind wants to watch a movie where the audio is not running at the correct speed?
The video would also have to be adjusted to match the audio.

Horrible.

Adjusting pitch doesn't change the speed of the audio. At least from my testing using Audacity. It correlates to the video speed. Why are people guessing without any knowledge or 1st hand testing experience? I still don't understand why people act like they know when they haven't even tried it. :bang:

Adjusting pitch doesn't change the speed of the audio. At least from my testing using Audacity. It correlates to the video speed.

Sure. But the actors all sound like Mikey Mouse (if you shift pitch up).

I don't know why he keeps posting up these 'solutions'. They all involve adjusting the audio to such a state that it sounds awful (and yes I have tried some of your methods and none of them give good audio)

Last edited:
it still aint a proper fix, even if it works all it takes is for verance to update to match for the pitch shift and ur back to square 1

all it takes is for verance to update to match for the pitch shift

It would be pretty difficult for Verance to adjust to that pitch. Even if they did it would be a cat mouse game. The Cinavia watermark is inaudible...hence they can't do much about it. The inaudible frequency become hard to read when pitch shift is applied.
and ur back to square 1

Maybe 1½

Last edited:
I still don't understand why people act like they know when they haven't even tried it. :bang:

I don't use Audacity.

But Adobe Audition allows time stretching whilst keeping the pitch the same, hence the confusion.

It would be super super cool, if someone could take like a 20-25 second sample of Blu-Ray Cinavia protected source material, and post it after it has been run through the DVD Ranger CinEx Cinavia remover module, so people (like me) could actually hear what the results sound like. I believe such a sample would fall under fair use, and you can put it on YouTube as unlisted and post the link here, even though making it unlisted probably isn't really necessary as long as it's only a 20-25 second sample.

Just something nice to do for those of us who are curious. :)

It's possible it might be able to improve with time. A guy named Hans van Zutphen makes a software called Stereo Tool and he includes something called a "Declipper" in it. The purpose is to take source audio that has been badly clipped, and restore it using algorithms. People have made "declippers" before, but nothing like Stereo Tool. It really is amazing how well it can repair source audio.

[video=youtube;oqOljvx9KaM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqOljvx9KaM[/video]

That's actually an old version of the declipper; it's much improved even from that. In fact, he just recently released a companion to it called "Natural Dymanics" to help it add peaks back to heavily compressed and brickwalled source material ("loudness wars" CD's).

I know this is probably an apples to oranges comparison, but I thought it was relevant to show what is possible in terms of repairing audio that is basically missing from the source material.

Sorry if that sounds like an ad, I promise I don't work for that dude. I just really like his software. :)

Yeah, I knew it would be bad... that is some serious distortion.

Try this solution :rock:
EZ Cinavia removal: get a program named: AVS Video Editor...drag and drop video to its interface then select the video
and drag to timeline...go to "audio" you will see "audio effects settings"
click pitch shift make sure to check mark it....and enter rate: 113
keep in mind the (default rate is 100.) however enter 113 and click "OK" then click produce...
Works in Audacity as well as (-13.000) 13 minus Pitch shift in deep not munchkin.
We represent the lollipop guild. 8)

Back