• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia and a third-party product

mike20021969

Just been looking around the internet, and it seems another disc copying product is claiming a solution to defeat Cinavia.

(I wont link to the source unless it's approved by a Moderator).

Shortly after the Cinavia solution of DVDFab has been once again made useless by the Cinavia producer, ********** Software offers help. The developers of ********** have eliminated the Cinavia’s signal during the development of other software by accident. The Cinavia’s signal has been changed so that it has become unreadable. They have not fought against the Cinavia’s system directly; it is more likely triggered by a design error of Cinavia itself.

******* has chosen the release date for the ********** * with Cinavia module to be 10/31/2012 (Halloween). At the moment, the solution is being tested by well known people in the world of copying. Approx. 55% of all reported Blu-ray Region A/B disks and DVDs have been successfully tested so far. It will be also tested on PS3, various Blu-ray players and PowerDVD.

Last edited:
Oh joys. Exploiting a bug so that round 2 gets kicked off. Nice.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

precisely, its not a real solution. The hole will be plugged eventually and the signal will be detected properly again and bam. Cinavia triggers again.

precisely, its not a real solution. The hole will be plugged eventually and the signal will be detected properly again and bam. Cinavia triggers again.

True. The only company that can and will deliver a final solution to Cinavia is Slysoft. ;)

True. The only company that can and will deliver a final solution to Cinavia is Slysoft. ;)

Not really. Look how Penicillin was discovered? By accident! This could be the "break" we're looking for. Maybe if everyone put their two cents in, we might be able to "cure" Cinavia. Slysoft isn't the only developer working on the Cinavia problem. The bigger Cinavia gets, the harder it will fall, once "cracked". I'm willing to say that once the Cinavia "cure" is found, it won't work on all Cinavia protected discs, but they (Slysoft and the others) will have to figure out how it works on the other discs. Just like how the Penicillium mold was developed into other antibiotics and/or drugs. Cinavia, once "cracked", will, hopefully, will be easier for (Slysoft and the others) to figure out how to circumnavigate it. 8)

It's one thing to say you have a solution, it's something completely different to actually release it. They make claims, but as of yet no one has a copy to confirm it, and they reckon they're not going to release it for at least a month. I definitely wouldn't believe it until I've seen it actually work. Could just be a scam to get people to pre-order

Last edited:
It's one thing to say you have a solution, it's something completely different to actually release it. They make claims, but as of yet no one has a copy to confirm it, and they reckon they're not going to release it for at least a month. I definitely wouldn't believe it until I've seen it actually work. Could just be a scam to get people to pre-order

You are a very smart man. You took the words out of my mouth, that link is to a Press release, in my humble opinion, this release will be delayed and delayed again, jmho, I know nothing.;)

Here's the direct link:

http://www.dvd2hd.com/2012/09/21/dvd-and-blu-ray-copying-without-cinavia/

And here's the text:

September 21, 2012, by admin, 2 Comments ,

The developers of the DVD-Ranger software have the first future-proof solution for Cinavia free DVD and Blu-ray

Santa Ponsa (Spain), 09/21/2012 – Many DVD and Blu-ray users know this problem: the DVD or Blu-ray playback stops suddenly with a cryptic error message or remains frozen or silent. This is caused by the relatively new copy protection system Cinavia.

Shortly after the Cinavia solution of DVDFab has been once again made useless by the Cinavia producer, DVD-Ranger Software offers help. The developers of DVD-Ranger have eliminated the Cinavia’s signal during the development of other software by accident. The Cinavia’s signal has been changed so that it has become unreadable. They have not fought against the Cinavia’s system directly; it is more likely triggered by a design error of Cinavia itself.

Pixbyte has chosen the release date for the DVD-Ranger 5 with Cinavia module to be 10/31/2012 (Halloween). At the moment, the solution is being tested by well known people in the world of copying. Approx. 55% of all reported Blu-ray Region A/B disks and DVDs have been successfully tested so far. It will be also tested on PS3, various Blu-ray players and PowerDVD.

Pixbyte is known by the DVD neXt COPY Software and DVD-Ranger products line. Pixbyte has been present for about 10 years on the backup and copy software market.

Price and availability: DVD-Ranger 5 is currently available as pre-order at a price of $69.99. The final release price will be approx. $89.99. The Cinavia module will cost approx. $39.99 (included in pre-order).

About Pixbyte:
Pixbyte is a trusted and respected researcher and developer of CD/DVD and BD recording and conversion technology. Its products are sold worldwide and are utilized by end-users and companies. The products are designed to provide speed and quality of copy operations and are developed continually in accordance with technological progress.

Will be interesting to see what happens on 10/31. If he does have a release, I wonder if it will work, what the program will actually do, and what the resulting soundtracks will sound like, and what container format they will use.

I have never heard of "DVD Ranger" before. A Google search seems to show only links to sites (besides the developer sites) that just have the software for download. But yeah, what the heck do I know. :)

Not really. Look how Penicillin was discovered? By accident! This could be the "break" we're looking for. Maybe if everyone put their two cents in, we might be able to "cure" Cinavia. Slysoft isn't the only developer working on the Cinavia problem. The bigger Cinavia gets, the harder it will fall, once "cracked". I'm willing to say that once the Cinavia "cure" is found, it won't work on all Cinavia protected discs, but they (Slysoft and the others) will have to figure out how it works on the other discs. Just like how the Penicillium mold was developed into other antibiotics and/or drugs. Cinavia, once "cracked", will, hopefully, will be easier for (Slysoft and the others) to figure out how to circumnavigate it. 8)

:rock:
Exactly, I was thinking the same thing. I read this post earlier today and found the software. Even if it is a hack at least it may give some insight into a potential defeat of all such watermarks. At the very least, the titles that have already been released will be able to be backed up.

I'm a little dubious about the whole thing too. Which is why I posted over at videohelp to see if anyone had heard of DVDRanger. I know I've heard the name some time back, but I have never seen the program or used it.

Last edited:
Just my two cents, based on what I know nothing short of cleaning signal from source audio will stop it.

It may be they change detector so it can readable again by players.

I never heard of this company in my life and I wouldn't trust them. Just for a reference when I bought anydvd I researched company for 1-2 years before I bought the program.

A quick 'net search for reviews of the aforementioned product shows people either rate it 5 of 5 stars or 1, no middle ratings at all, and very few reviews no matter what the rating. Makes me think all the positive reviews are people who created the software and all the negative reviews are from actual users.

With so few ratings on each of all the review sites and with such a difference on how it gets rated I think I won't just walk away from the software, I'll run.

And running for me is not easy since I use a cane to get around. ;)

DVD-Ranger uses AnyDVD to decrypt the disc I believe. There was a thread not long ago about getting DVD-Ranger free when you bought AnyDVD.
Here is the link showing the promo:
http://www.dvd2hd.com/2012/07/01/anydvdhd-and-dvd-ranger/

If you just go to the site, then click "buy" then "checkout" there is nothing that says you need AnyDVD. They claim on their site right above the "buy" button that their program alone can rip and clone Blu-Ray and DVD.

If it can't do this without AnyDVD, that right there is false advertising.

What about this:

"September 21, 2012 by admin 2 Comments

The developers of the DVD-Ranger software have the first future-proof solution for Cinavia free DVD and Blu-ray

Santa Ponsa (Spain), 09/21/2012 – Many DVD and Blu-ray users know this problem: the DVD or Blu-ray playback stops suddenly with a cryptic error message or remains frozen or silent. This is caused by the relatively new copy protection system Cinavia.

Shortly after the Cinavia solution of DVDFab has been once again made useless by the Cinavia producer, DVD-Ranger Software offers help. The developers of DVD-Ranger have eliminated the Cinavia’s signal during the development of other software by accident. The Cinavia’s signal has been changed so that it has become unreadable. They have not fought against the Cinavia’s system directly; it is more likely triggered by a design error of Cinavia itself.

Pixbyte has chosen the release date for the DVD-Ranger 5 with Cinavia module to be 10/31/2012 (Halloween). At the moment, the solution is being tested by well known people in the world of copying. Approx. 55% of all reported Blu-ray Region A/B disks and DVDs have been successfully tested so far. It will be also tested on PS3, various Blu-ray players and PowerDVD.

Pixbyte is known by the DVD neXt COPY Software and DVD-Ranger products line. Pixbyte has been present for about 10 years on the backup and copy software market.

Price and availability: DVD-Ranger 5 is currently available as pre-order at a price of $69.99. The final release price will be approx. $89.99. The Cinavia module will cost approx. $39.99 (included in pre-order).

About Pixbyte:
Pixbyte is a trusted and respected researcher and developer of CD/DVD and BD recording and conversion technology. Its products are sold worldwide and are utilized by end-users and companies. The products are designed to provide speed and quality of copy operations and are developed continually in accordance with technological progress. "

http://www.dvd2hd.com/2012/09/21/dvd-and-blu-ray-copying-without-cinavia/

Maybe anyone has more infos about ?

You'd have to ask the folks at dvd2hd. They're the only ones that can give you more info, not slysoft.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

Back