• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia and a third-party product

DVD ranger 5.1.1.4

Anyone has tried the new released of dvdranger? It offer better audio quality

Yes, and it sounds awful. There are discussions about it a couple of pages back on this thread.

I see they've just released a new one, I'll try it out today, but I don't hold out much hope

Tested with the new version, still sounds crap and AC3 still comes out as just high pitched frequency noise

Last edited:
Yes, and it sounds awful. There are discussions about it a couple of pages back on this thread.

I see they've just released a new one, I'll try it out today, but I don't hold out much hope

Tested with the new version, still sounds crap and AC3 still comes out as just high pitched frequency noise

Absolutley, it should be fairly easy to disrupt Cinavia detection.

To disrupt detection leaving what most of us would call good audio, well that is the problem.

they posted a new release today

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

That is not a surprise. They've been doing that from the start. Only they'll they called it "pre-orders"

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Strange how they are asking for donations when they already have a beta out which they claim is already very good at removing Cinavia. So my question is why if they are already pretty much there do they need to do this other than to try and cream off more money?

not to be too anal, but "CinEx is an technology" on a web site wanting money, doesn't get my attention when their grammar isn't even right. :p

was just about to say that too. They can't even get their words straight, but then again they are germany based. Probably accent residue :p

Just tested with the latest build. Still can't get it to make AC3 sound, and the AAC just sounds terrible

Just tested with the latest build. Still can't get it to make AC3 sound, and the AAC just sounds terrible

Yes. And after Mr. DVDRanger said over at MyCE.com

All the big players, like DVDFab or AnyDVD just blowing warm air...

I can't remember that we've blown any "warm air". The Cinavia removal in AnyDVD is very, very good and fits AnyDVD's design goal (restriction and annoyances free playback of *original* discs an a PC).

Anyway, here is SlySoft with a simple and quite effective solution (and pretty good sound) for single files like MKVs.

*drum-roll*

Re-encode the sound to AC3 640 kbit/s with a sampling rate of 44.1 kHz.

Cinavia will no longer be detected from any software player. I was too lazy to try it with the PS3 or hardware players, but I believe it will work, too.
The crucial part is the sampling frequency. Cinavia detection can only work with sample rates which are multiples (or even dividers) of 48 kHz. (12, 24, 96), because of the way the detection algorithm works. The Cinavia signal is still present, of course, so I cannot predict, how future proof this workaround is. Devices with enough processing power could re-sample the sound back to 48kHz before feeding it into the detector. Or Verance could add a re-sampler to their detector. But I believe embedded players might not have enough CPU power to do this.

If someone wants to try this on a PS3, I would be interested, if this works.

Re-encode the sound to AC3 640 kbit/s with a sampling rate of 44.1 kHz. Cinavia will no longer be detected
I was going to try re-authoring a BD with a re-sampled soundtrack, and then I realized I don't have a standalone BD player that has Cinavia. :p

But I imagine someone here will try this soon enough. :agree:

I'm surprised no one has tried this before? Or maybe someone has? I'm curious as to whether a BD with 44.1kHz audio sampling will play--it's not listed in the BD standard AFAIK.

I'm curious as to whether a BD with 44.1kHz audio sampling will play--it's not listed in the BD standard AFAIK.

It isn't. This is why I said

... a simple and quite effective solution (and pretty good sound) for single files like MKVs.

I don't know, if players will play a BD with 44.1kHz audio sampling anyway. They don't have to, so probably they won't.

My solution is actually a solution for a problem, that doesn't really exist.
Want to play MKVs (or similar) with Cinavia? Use a player which doesn't detect it (XBMC & Co.). Need to use a commercial software player, eg. for 3D playback? Use AnyDVD's Cinavia blocker. Want to play on your TV without a PC? No problem. TVs, WDTVs & Co. don't detect Cinavia.

You are a masochist and want to play files on a PS3? (PS3 really is a PITA with 4GB file size limit, mkv playback sucks...)
Resampling to 44.1 kHz might do the trick.

Yes, I understood the reason for MKV. I said "I'm curious..." about BD.

Lemme try it here real quick-like. Hey, Good News! It PLAYS! In my Sony SAP!

Oops, Bad News! The sound is SPEEDED-UP! And stutters...I didn't turn my projector on but assume I had AV sync problems too.

It does not work for Blu-ray. :p

Yes, I understood the reason for MKV. I said "I'm curious..." about BD.

Lemme try it here real quick-like. Hey, Good News! It PLAYS! In my Sony SAP!

Oops, Bad News! The sound is SPEEDED-UP! And stutters...I didn't turn my projector on but assume I had AV sync problems too.

It does not work for Blu-ray. :p

There is a small chance that it might work, if you output the sound via SPDIF. But even if it does, it is a crude hack - like flagging the compressed sound as PCM.

well it plays, it's a start. James didn't guarantee it would play right ;)

There is a small chance that it might work, if you output the sound via SPDIF. But even if it does, it is a crude hack - like flagging the compressed sound as PCM.

It never occurred to me to try that. I try it again after making the switch from using Analog-Outs/Multi-Channel In to SPDF from player-to-amp, but the result was the same for me.

If someone wants to try this on a PS3, I would be interested, if this works.
Tried the settings you posted:
Mutes after 20 Minutes. Wasn't surprised.

Might wanna try this solution:
get a program named: AVS Video Editor...drag and drop video to its interface then select the video
and drag to timeline...go to "audio" you will see "audio effects settings"
click pitch shift make sure to check mark it....and enter rate: 115
keep in mind the (default rate is 100.) however enter 115 and click "OK" then click produce...
and soon you will have a cinavia free video. with a little deep audio tone. Very enjoyable quality unlike before.
Have a nice day.

You can also use Audacity to adjust the pitch to 14 or 15% + enter mp3 file effects: change pitch. to 15+

Want to play on your TV without a PC? No problem. TVs, WDTVs & Co. don't detect Cinavia.

DVD players too :D For me its trial & error for the sakes of lulz.

Last edited:
Back