• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia and a third-party product

It is clearly stated that use that option with movies that have cinavia

Have you tried it for yourself? I want to know if I'm the only one having this issue

Then why not come to the DVDranger forum and learn the software and how to set the settings for BD and the GPU and the Audio setting , You ask for help but in the wrong place, 11 systems they all must be screamers I have 9 plus 6 laptops from min to max requirements no way I can do 11 systems in 24 hrs and I am friggen good at what I do, since 1985 in the Pc biz making a living

so Adbear you need help stop the noise come and get it

That makes no sense at all, playback is playback, especially of stereo AC3 audio so that makes no difference. And it's now been tested on 11 systems and it doesn't work on any of them, different motherboards, sounds cards, some with win 7, some with win 8, and some laptops. If it's a setting inside the DVDRanger software then I'd appreciate being told what it is as the only setting I've changed so far is to turn on the CinEx box.
Also Legend of the Guardians doesn't contain Cinavia so maybe it only effects it if it has Cinavia.

Then why not come to the DVDranger forum and learn the software and how to set the settings for BD and the GPU and the Audio setting , You ask for help but in the wrong place, 11 systems they all must be screamers I have 9 plus 6 laptops from min to max requirements no way I can do 11 systems in 24 hrs and I am friggen good at what I do, since 1985 in the Pc biz making a living

so Adbear you need help stop the noise come and get it
I know exactly what I'm doing when building systems, I've been building video editing systems since 1998 and other systems for over 10 years before that, so I know how to set a system up for encoding etc. All these systems are clean installs with just Windows and the motherboard/hardware drivers on them if the software doesn't work on a clean system then it's not working properly at all. I have tried it with and without GPU acceleration, makes no difference. Tried on i5 & i7 Gen 1,2,3 & 4 as well as on old Core 2 quad (which took forever to encode)
I never said I made 11 systems in 1 day just that I had tested it on 11 different systems.(although as I have built 8 systems from base components and installed them in well under 17 hours in the past I see no reason why I couldn't make 11 in a 24 hour period) and no they aren't 'screamers'. When you work in a professional, well thought out and streamlined environment there's no reason why you can't build and install a system extremely quickly. (One thing I've noticed is that you are always quick to deride other peoples work which to me comes across as unprofessional).

All I'm doing here is stating facts that I've tested this software on multiple systems and so far haven't got 1 to work properly. They are all clean installs so I don't understand why it doesn't work as there shouldn't be anything on there to cause an issue. I've already asked if anyone else has tried it and got it to work.

I can make a Blu-ray output fine until I tick the 'CinEx' box after that the audio comes out so corrupted it's impossible to hear anything except pops and clicks.
I've already been through the manual, and tried the Cyberlink BD checker, although why this would make any difference I don't know as it just tells you if you system is able to play back Blu-rays which should make no difference for the encoding side and my systems can obviously play back Blu-rays otherwise I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the originals and the CinEx versions.
Here's what I'm doing
I rip a film to harddrive with AnyDVD HD running (in this case 'Salt')
I then use the DVDRanger software to make a 'movie only' Blu-ray at DL Blu-ray size so it doesn't re-encode anything, I also remove all subtitles and all audio tracks except the English HD audio track. When that's finished I then load the new version into DVDRanger and run it through again as not only does it appear to not have removed all the audio tracks but actually added in extra ones that weren't there to begin with.
Once I've run it through a second time and now got a Movie only with just 1 HD audio track I then use the 'Video to Blu-ray ' option, choose the highest preset and tick the CinEx button, then tell it where to put the file and set it going

Last edited:
This guy like to say that he is a expert and know what to do and the other people are morons(not directly) doing the wrong thing. Like you said Adbear that is not professional. Readmetoo respect other people, even if you are a expert doesn't mean that you are always right.

Well just as an update, today I did a few more tests. The first film came out with no audio track at all. The second film did come out with a stereo audio track which plays really nicely in TMT 6, unfortunately the Cinavia is still there as it gets muted after 20mins with the usual warning

Well just as an update, today I did a few more tests. The first film came out with no audio track at all. The second film did come out with a stereo audio track which plays really nicely in TMT 6, unfortunately the Cinavia is still there as it gets muted after 20mins with the usual warning

Well I guess that's one way to remove Cinavia, just delete the audio track :D

Wow, I wish I had thought of claiming to "cure" Cinavia by deleting the sound track! It would certainly appear that the junior member is a DVDranger employee looking to create some buzz for their company. I'll wait for Slysoft, thank you.

I did say it was only on one of them.
What bothers me is the inconsistency, a lot of the time it gives me massive distortion, one time no audio and then when it did give me a good audio track, the Cinavia was still there

Last edited:
It would certainly appear that the junior member is a DVDranger employee looking to create some buzz for their company.

I got the impression he was just someone who owned/ran their "closed to anyone who isn't a member" forum.

He's in the boat

ReadMeToo is very much part of the DVD Ranger Forum presence (administrator) and is a leading poster / "wave the flag" member. 8)

Last edited:
He does, but in doing so he is still a representative for them, either way there was no call for his derisive comment.

ReadMeToo is very much part of the DVD Ranger Forum presence and is a leading poster / "wave the flag" member. 8)

I knew that as well, although it must get quite lonely on his hobby forum as he appears to be the only active member :D

But is it known whether or not he's an actual employee of that software company... ?

I knew that as well, although it must get quite lonely on his hobby forum as he appears to be the only active member :D
But is it known whether or not he's an actual employee of that software company... ?

I wouldn't know about his actual place in their organization but there is not a heck of a lot of traffic on their Forum as you yourself observed. I'd be in favor of a short ban if his tone does not improve.

I don't think we have to keep much of an eye on this cinex.

I was heavily disappointed with how severely this thing mutilates the audio and I don't think this cinex is based on any real knowlege about the Cinavia watermark, but instead is the result of blindly applying virtually anything to the stream until the watermark breaks (after hearing what I heard, I didn't even bother testing with a Cinavia aware player - it would have been a big surprise to me if the watermark withstood that kind of a beating).

(No, I'm not talking about the "snap crackle and pop" thing Adbear is getting, that's probably just a bug).

Last edited:
No, you're not alone

Have you tried it for yourself? I want to know if I'm the only one having this issue

From what I've read, this cinex is a brute-force method and seems to be producing bad output.

See this: http://www.myce.com/news/dvd-ranger-cinex-module-beta-tested-beats-cinavia-68353/ an evaluation.

The thread "discussions" get a little colorful the further you read.

I will only offer that DVDRanger fans like ReadMeToo should tone down their rhetoric and stop assuming any user not getting the expected results must be an idiot. And if one has to visit their forum for "setting corrections" then this thing is not ready for prime time.

Last edited:
Adbear
I'd appreciate being told what it is as the only setting I've changed so far is to turn on the CinEx box.

I gave a suggestion

And there are settings within the software that must be set to correctly use the software with BD ,

I am not am employee of Pixbyte not Ifoerster ,I was given permission to Own and Operate the forum I am the sole Owner the forum along with the Domain and Hosting company , along with a few more company's and LLC's ,

Ive been in Business since 1979 and in some of my professional standings I am well respected for my knowledge " like the IRS" Federal Courts ,Civil courts, all the major insurance Company's , My back ground is extensive.

If I offended anyone it was not my intent, Please except my apologies to you Adbear and you Frank ,

I find when one wants help you go to the source.

There should be cheers that this second round of progress after Sony filed the Injunction to stop the first round to Defeat Cinavia is getting closer
this should be a plus for all.

Not bashing

I believe Cinavia is going to be around for a LONG time, and the very best ANYONE is going to be able to do is circumvent or side step Cinavia or completely rebuild the audio to get Cinavia out of the picture.

Cinavia is a wining fight for Verance and Sony.:mad:
And maybe even a TITLE fight when it comes to hardware playback.

I doubt cinavia will ever go away, it is a copy protection method after all. Other supposedly unbreakable copy protection methods didn't stop being used when they were circumvented.

The real issue is when cinavia circumvention works well enough to make the altering of the audio to be virtually undetectable for most people. And can be easily modified/updated to take into account changes Verance makes to combat circumvention.

Slysoft has successfully circumvented other copy protection methods that the creators trumpeted as unbeatable, and for the end-user made the circumvention easy to do. Cinavia is not unbeatable in my opinion. It may all boil down to how easy it is to do and if the results are not a real muck up of the audio.

There should be cheers that this second round of progress after Sony filed the Injunction to stop the first round to Defeat Cinavia is getting closer
this should be a plus for all.

One wonders why "Sony" didn't "file an injunction"(!) against this "CinEx" also?

I think the "Halloween" fiasco was hot air anyway.

Back