• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia and a third-party product

On another forum when I asked why they'd bother risking another lawsuit by taking another stab at Cinavia I was told the answer was "just like dvdfab and SlySoft" and that it should be obvious and simple to understand. Guess I'm a moron. I don't get it.
Moving the dvdranger part of the company to China or another country that does not observer copy right laws??

On another forum when I asked why they'd bother risking another lawsuit by taking another stab at Cinavia I was told the answer was "just like dvdfab and SlySoft" and that it should be obvious and simple to understand. Guess I'm a moron. I don't get it.

Why risk another lawsuit? So they can take more preorders and won't ever have to actually release the "fix".

I'm still trying to find their solution. One part implies you have to pay $10 to be able to try the beta (that in itself makes me suspicious as why should you have to pay to test a beta), and then I can't find anywhere to buy that $10 beta from. I can download a free trial, but nowhere does it say that the free trial includes the Cinavia removal nor does it say how to use the Cinavia removal if it is included. The only other thing I can see is on the product purchase page where they charge $100

As far as I understand it, DVD-Ranger does not charge for the trial. DVD-Ranger charges 89,99 USD for the ripper without CinEx beta, and 99,99 USD for the ripper with CinEx beta (i.e. 10 USD for the CinEx module). You can download the trial version with CinEx beta here:
http://www.dvd2hd.com/download/4920/

I know that you can download a trial, I already stated that you can download a trial in my previous post. What is not clear is how to use the Cinavia removal part.

Edit: It would appear you can't make a full Blu-ray backup, only convert to a different format or make a movie only by having to convert the video as well as the audio

Last edited:
Sorry, I thought that maybe you found a different link, because, as you also wrote in your previous post
I can download a free trial, but nowhere does it say that the free trial includes the Cinavia removal [...]
whereas the link I followed from http://www.dvd2hd.com/downloads/ clearly says "Free Download DVD-Ranger Windows CinEx" (second button). Also, the file name RangerSetupCinEx.exe suggests that the CinEx module is included.

According to DVD-Ranger's paper, the Cinavia watermark is not based on alterations of the signal-to-noise ratio, but on a frequency dependent variation of the speed.

Well I just ran 'Salt' through it and ended up with lots of pops and clicks and no listenable audio track

Does the beta CinEx module ruin the complete audio track or only the positions where the Cinavia watermark is assumed?

Yes I read that, but how is that relevant? The audio should still come out correctly but in stereo, and for me it doesn't

Last edited:
In their forums, appears the there other person with same problem. Some beta testers suggest that is a problem in program settings

Lets correct this statement only one user ,

so would some one here tell me how you have the program settings set for use of CinEx, I just posted the correct usage 10 min ago thats central time USA

we must have total different systems I have this on 9 systems in which now 6 have the registered ver of the software on clean machines an 3 laptops now and every title I have backed up plays in stereo not perfect they state so when the final is release this will be lifted

but I have a 9.2 Onkyo home entertainment system with 11 speaker and 2 subwoofer s

I just finished legends of the Guardians and it plays in stereo just fine

Who knows different system setups and home entertainment systems get different results

I did a AMD 64 dual core of same title took 7 hrs but it worked

That makes no sense at all, playback is playback, especially of stereo AC3 audio so that makes no difference. And it's now been tested on 11 systems and it doesn't work on any of them, different motherboards, sounds cards, some with win 7, some with win 8, and some laptops. If it's a setting inside the DVDRanger software then I'd appreciate being told what it is as the only setting I've changed so far is to turn on the CinEx box.
Also Legend of the Guardians doesn't contain Cinavia so maybe it only effects it if it has Cinavia.

Last edited:
Back