• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

TOO MANY COMPLAINTS, how about some successes

@gmac1701

Well spoken, you hit the nail on the head, sir. I too think the product was made with BD players in mind and to deny it is just dancing around the truth, kinda like politicians do. I was wondering why nobody spoke up.

I have been on the internet for nearly 20 years and NEVER have seen a copy protection for anything stand for this long - I wouldn't put any money on it ever being broken.

Agree, and Slysoft put out a sticky, part of which is quoted below. It's there to show they've been aware of it for going on 4 years. Previously 3 it was not an issue, now it is and IMO they should have seen it coming and expected this would happen and had a lot of time to prepare for it. Now that it's spreading to standard dvd's, it's not just the CloneBD customers affected anymore. I do think it will be broken, by Slysoft/Elby eventually or it will cost them a lot of business and they know it.

I received this message from support recently....

It would then be a job for a copy software to actively find and remove the watermark, but this is not possible at the moment and will not be accomplished by CloneBD, as CloneBD is a "clean" product and will not break any protection or remove any kind of watermark.

Rest assured that we are working hard on finding a solution for this problem. This issue is really nagging us.

Then there is this, which seems to contradict the message, but check out the date...

Sticky: *Cinavia Protection*
Started by SamuriHL, 10th July 2011 18:30

Basically when the time comes for SlySoft to deal with it, which is their stated goal at some future point in time, they will do so in Slyce. Therefore, when Slyce is released sometime in the future, we can start a Cinavia discussion thread in the appropriate forum.

Since they're not going to use CloneBD (Slyce) that leaves anyDVD or yet another product to buy. Since it's just another form of protection, don't see fairness in another product.

There is this already, probably first of many. Has won awards but I dunno about jumping in at least not yet. Willing to give Slysoft/Elby their stated goal of defeating it, but can't wait "forever"....

This "award winning solution" is available now, still requires anyDVD HD

CinEx HD Utility

The Blu-ray and Torrent Cinavia removing solution.

CinEx HD Utility is the perfect add-on or extension for AnyDVD HD, DVDFab, TDMore, 1CLICK DVD COPY, Wondershare, BDCloner, OpenCloner, VSO, WinX, Xilisoft, Aimersoft, Clone DVD and all other Blu-ray copy or video conversion software products.

With world’s only Cinavia remover.
Works with Blu-ray original disks, copies, downloads.
Works with Torrent video downloads.
Will create a 1:1 copy, expect Cinavia infected audio
Complete pass-through technology, keep Video quality, Blu-ray extras

Extra: The GUI allows you to burn the Cinavia free copy to Blu-ray blank or to an ISO file with the integrated burning module

CinEx HD is the only software solution known to date to bypass Cinavia’s protection. It performs an innocuous and lossless removal process that cleans up your Blu-ray movies of the most powerful watermarking solution available. If only for the privilege of testing a truly pioneering tool, this application is worth a try.
SOFTWAREINFORMER.COM

http://www.cinexhd.com/cinex-hd-utility/

CinEx HD Utility.
Free CinEx HD databases access & updates.
Remove Cinavia from CloneBD, OpenCloner, TDMOre, DVDFab, AnyDVD and other created copies.
Remove Cinavia from Torrent downloads like avi, mp4, mov, mkv…
3 PC Activation.

Important!
A decrypter is required to work with original Blu-ray source. (anyDVD HD)
$39.99/one-time

Very tempting, at least they do give you a trial period and their database of cinavia movies is kept up to date and quite large. Fair price if it works as claimed. Check it out and see what you think.

@gmac1701

Well spoken, you hit the nail on the head, sir. I too think the product was made with BD players in mind and to deny it is just dancing around the truth, kinda like politicians do. I was wondering why nobody spoke up.

Agree, and Slysoft put out a sticky, part of which is quoted below. It's there to show they've been aware of it for going on 4 years. Previously 3 it was not an issue, now it is and IMO they should have seen it coming and expected this would happen and had a lot of time to prepare for it. Now that it's spreading to standard dvd's, it's not just the CloneBD customers affected anymore. I do think it will be broken, by Slysoft/Elby eventually or it will cost them a lot of business and they know it.

Then there is this, which seems to contradict the message, but check out the date...

Sticky: *Cinavia Protection*
Started by SamuriHL, 10th July 2011 18:30

Since they're not going to use CloneBD (Slyce) that leaves anyDVD or yet another product to buy. Since it's just another form of protection, don't see fairness in another product.

There is this already, probably first of many. Has won awards but I dunno about jumping in at least not yet. Willing to give Slysoft/Elby their stated goal of defeating it, but can't wait "forever"....

This "award winning solution" is available now, still requires anyDVD HD

CinEx HD Utility

The Blu-ray and Torrent Cinavia removing solution.

CinEx HD Utility is the perfect add-on or extension for AnyDVD HD, DVDFab, TDMore, 1CLICK DVD COPY, Wondershare, BDCloner, OpenCloner, VSO, WinX, Xilisoft, Aimersoft, Clone DVD and all other Blu-ray copy or video conversion software products.

With world’s only Cinavia remover.
Works with Blu-ray original disks, copies, downloads.
Works with Torrent video downloads.
Will create a 1:1 copy, expect Cinavia infected audio
Complete pass-through technology, keep Video quality, Blu-ray extras

Extra: The GUI allows you to burn the Cinavia free copy to Blu-ray blank or to an ISO file with the integrated burning module

CinEx HD is the only software solution known to date to bypass Cinavia’s protection. It performs an innocuous and lossless removal process that cleans up your Blu-ray movies of the most powerful watermarking solution available. If only for the privilege of testing a truly pioneering tool, this application is worth a try.
SOFTWAREINFORMER.COM

http://www.cinexhd.com/cinex-hd-utility/

CinEx HD Utility.
Free CinEx HD databases access & updates.
Remove Cinavia from CloneBD, OpenCloner, TDMOre, DVDFab, AnyDVD and other created copies.
Remove Cinavia from Torrent downloads like avi, mp4, mov, mkv…
3 PC Activation.

Important!
A decrypter is required to work with original Blu-ray source. (anyDVD HD)
$39.99/one-time

Very tempting, at least they do give you a trial period and their database of cinavia movies is kept up to date and quite large. Fair price if it works as claimed. Check it out and see what you think.

So now you've moved from complainer to actively advertising for competing products on the Slysoft forum. Very nice.

I am moving this whole thread to Third party products. Its not helping anyone and we don't really like people on soap boxes here.:D

I am moving this whole thread to Third party products. Its not helping anyone and we don't really like people on soap boxes here.:D

Seems as though you don't like much of anything you disagree with. :bowdown:
What it is you do like? ***kissers that are afraid to tell it like it is and have nothing but praise for broken down product(s)?

You've seen cinavia coming for years and chose to ignore it....my fault? Or well earned criticism.
That whole mess is a justifiable reason for debate and explanation, sir. Isn't that the reason these forums are here - to bring things like that to light and allow various folks to weigh in on their experiences so others learn?

Don't even want to mention I can't even get any back ups whatsoever since the "updates". Ouch I just fell off that dam soapbox ;)

I kind of agree that Elby maybe should have some warning prior to purchase about Cinavia and standalone players (in fairness it does have a trial period before purchase)
I can also see how from a CloneBD perspective that detecting/warning users prior to starting the backup process is sufficient.

Then there is this, which seems to contradict the message, but check out the date... Sticky: *Cinavia Protection* Started by SamuriHL, 10th July 2011 18:30

To my knowledge SamuriHL is not actually a Slysoft or Elby representative (he's just an very experienced and knowledgeable user)
His comments at the time were correct as I believe Slysoft stated they hoped to deal with Cinavia eventually with 'Slyce'
If Elby themselves have actually stated that CloneBD will not break any protection/remove any watermark, then you can bet it won't.

Very tempting, at least they do give you a trial period and their database of cinavia movies is kept up to date and quite large. Fair price if it works as claimed. Check it out and see what you think

A few people have already stated that this leaves you with lower quality audio than the original, but if you don't mind that and the movie is in there database, then it should work fine ... use the trial and find out for yourself :)

I have been on the internet for nearly 20 years and NEVER have seen a copy protection for anything stand for this long - I wouldn't put any money on it ever being broken.

It's an extremely clever and well thought out idea. Perhaps it may never be truly broken/removed without quality loss, who knows.

The problem for Cinavia though, is it doesn't have to be broken.
The fact that Cinavia needs the device to detect it is a major weakness which has already been exploited by AnyDVD on all PC software players.
Some post 2012 "modern" standalone players have also suffered the same fate, if you stop the player detecting it then it's useless.
Not to mention the hundreds of playback devices that simply will never detect it.

Last edited:
So now you've moved from complainer to actively advertising for competing products on the Slysoft forum. Very nice.

I ain't advertising anything. Offering up a possible solution to a problem Slysoft ignored.
What product does Slysoft have that competes with what I mentioned??
Please lay off unless you have something intelligent to say, yours is showing again. How old are you anyway? Most grown ups gave up name calling when the became adults.

Slysoft isn't ignoring anything, how else do you think cloneBD would be able to detect cinavia in seconds and without the need for 'databases' like that cinex crap needs?

Oh wait, because they're working on a cinavia solution.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Isn't that the reason these forums are here - to bring things like that to light and allow various folks to weigh in on their experiences so others learn?

Yes, that's why SlyFox 1 didn't delete the thread and kindly moved it to a more suitable area for discussion (especially now other software has been added into the discussion)

Ch3vr0n
Slysoft isn't ignoring anything, how else do you think cloneBD would be able to detect cinavia in seconds and without the need for 'databases' like that cinex crap needs?

Yep going on 4 years now, thats what I call progress :agree:
Again, CloneBD doesn't detect Cinavia, the bluray player detects it not there as on originals and mutes the sound. If it did maybe they could remove it.

cloneBD would be able to detect cinavia in seconds and without the need for 'databases' like that cinex crap needs?

So what if it did detect it? Can't do anything about it. BTW, how do you know Cinex is "crap"? Ever try it? Didn't you ever see anyDVD accessing it's online databases? But thats different.

ddjmagic

I kind of agree that Elby maybe should have some warning prior to purchase about Cinavia and standalone players (in fairness it does have a trial period before purchase)
I can also see how from a CloneBD perspective that detecting/warning users prior to starting the backup process is sufficient.

Agree in principle, but now it's spread to standard dvd's, where there is no warning. Just went to try another CloneBD backup, didn't see any warning, lost me there.

BTW, I've been unable to backup anything since the latest upgrades. Anyone else having issues and their is no Cinavia, just burns and the BD player says "disc isn't compatible" and I was having success after success previously.

It's an extremely clever and well thought out idea. Perhaps it may never be truly broken/removed without quality loss, who knows. The problem for Cinavia though, is it doesn't have to be broken. The fact that Cinavia needs the device to detect it is a major weakness which has already been exploited by AnyDVD on all PC software players.
Some post 2012 "modern" standalone players have also suffered the same fate, if you stop the player detecting it then it's useless. Not to mention the hundreds of playback devices that simply will never detect it.

Hardware would definitely make it moot, problem is there's some reason they're incorporating it. Money talks? Gonna have to try and find one that doesn't. Know of any?

Last edited:

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

+1

I'm not the least bit worried about Cinavia, because I have TMT 5 (before they added Cinavia to it), and for the other software such as TMT 6/PowerDVD Ultra 12-14/WinDVD 11, I have AnyDVD HD enabled with TMT 6/PowerDVD Ultra 12-14/WinDVD 11 to cut off the software looking for Cinavia.

Yes, that's why SlyFox 1 didn't delete the thread and kindly moved it to a more suitable area for discussion (especially now other software has been added into the discussion)

+1

I'm hoping that the solution to Cinavia will come down the pipe one of these days, but in the meantime, there are the other solutions for people like mcmenace:

One, use a hardware player/software player that was made before February 2012, just so that you don't have to worry about Cinavia.

Two, use the methods me and others have done since the implementation of Cinavia, which mostly renders it useless.

Three, simply refuse to purchase any Blu-ray/DVD that has it in it. Even though Sony is the main one using it, the other Studios have used it in the past, and will again. Case in point, I just bought the new Blu-ray/DVD James Brown biopic Get On Up recently. It contains Cinavia. It wasn't advertised on the back of the package, but AnyDVD HD and CloneBD both let me know it had it in the Blu-ray (I assume the same for the DVD.) However, since I can use the Second method I described above, the Cinavia stuff is at most a minor annoyance.

I'm not worried in the least by Cinavia, and I don't work for Slysoft. I'm just looking at it from an analytical viewpoint: it's very expensive to implement, and the Movie Studios haven't put it on even 10% of their movies that come out each year (Sony excluded, since they use it for all their movies, even the art-house ones with their label on it.)

Slysoft already has a way around it, and given time, they'll probably find a way to get rid of it permanently.

Hardware would definitely make it moot, problem is there's some reason they're incorporating it. Money talks? Gonna have to try and find one that doesn't. Know of any?

Cinavia is a requirement for all licensed standalone/software players now. I think the studios/hardware manufacturers actually have to pay to use/implement it (not the other way around)

The older Panasonic BDT110/210/310 players are still a decent non Cinavia player if you can find a used one.
Older Oppo players are held in high regard too, though are at a premium price.

+1

I'm not the least bit worried about Cinavia, because I have TMT 5 (before they added Cinavia to it), and for the other software such as TMT 6/PowerDVD Ultra 12-14/WinDVD 11, I have AnyDVD HD enabled with TMT 6/PowerDVD Ultra 12-14/WinDVD 11 to cut off the software looking for Cinavia.

+1

I'm hoping that the solution to Cinavia will come down the pipe one of these days, but in the meantime, there are the other solutions for people like mcmenace:

One, use a hardware player/software player that was made before February 2012, just so that you don't have to worry about Cinavia.

Two, use the methods me and others have done since the implementation of Cinavia, which mostly renders it useless.

Three, simply refuse to purchase any Blu-ray/DVD that has it in it. Even though Sony is the main one using it, the other Studios have used it in the past, and will again. Case in point, I just bought the new Blu-ray/DVD James Brown biopic Get On Up recently. It contains Cinavia. It wasn't advertised on the back of the package, but AnyDVD HD and CloneBD both let me know it had it in the Blu-ray (I assume the same for the DVD.) However, since I can use the Second method I described above, the Cinavia stuff is at most a minor annoyance.

I'm not worried in the least by Cinavia, and I don't work for Slysoft. I'm just looking at it from an analytical viewpoint: it's very expensive to implement, and the Movie Studios haven't put it on even 10% of their movies that come out each year (Sony excluded, since they use it for all their movies, even the art-house ones with their label on it.)

Slysoft already has a way around it, and given time, they'll probably find a way to get rid of it permanently.

The only realistic solution for me at present is to find a hardware player/software player that was made before February 2012. If you know where one can be had, I would be grateful.

Don't understand the methods you spoke of, and connecting the PC to everything is not a good idea. I'm in my mid-60's and hard keeping up with all the technological advances while trying to enjoy retirement. So there is a sense of urgency for me. Just getting backups at all is getting worse instead of better and cold winter nights is the time to watch movies.

In terms of movies with it, it's becoming more widespread than you think, and getting worse. You've already found it on standard DVD's. For example Equalizer was a Universal movie but followed the tracks on IMDB and found Sony to be the bluray distributor, naturally adding it in the distribution process. If 10% have it now, the way it's going it'll be 50% or more in bluray anyway before long I'm afraid. For folks in my boat, it is a genuine problem.

The only realistic solution for me at present is to find a hardware player/software player that was made before February 2012. If you know where one can be had, I would be grateful.

Don't understand the methods you spoke of, and connecting the PC to everything is not a good idea. I'm in my mid-60's and hard keeping up with all the technological advances while trying to enjoy retirement. So there is a sense of urgency for me. Just getting backups at all is getting worse instead of better and cold winter nights is the time to watch movies.

In terms of movies with it, it's becoming more widespread than you think, and getting worse. You've already found it on standard DVD's. For example Equalizer was a Universal movie but followed the tracks on IMDB and found Sony to be the bluray distributor, naturally adding it in the distribution process. If 10% have it now, the way it's going it'll be 50% or more in bluray anyway before long I'm afraid. For folks in my boat, it is a genuine problem.

I have to keep up with what the latest thing is: I love to dabble with technology.

As far as finding a hardware player that was made before February 2012, a simple Google search will suffice. Just don't go for the ones with eBay. They can be rip off artists.

Cinavia is a requirement for all licensed standalone/software players now. I think the studios/hardware manufacturers actually have to pay to use/implement it (not the other way around)

The older Panasonic BDT110/210/310 players are still a decent non Cinavia player if you can find a used one.
Older Oppo players are held in high regard too, though are at a premium price.

That's crazy. Who says it's a requirement? Would think at least some manufacturer would just say forget about it, we don't need it.
Thanks a lot for the player info.

I have to keep up with what the latest thing is: I love to dabble with technology.

As far as finding a hardware player that was made before February 2012, a simple Google search will suffice. Just don't go for the ones with eBay. They can be rip off artists.

I try keeping up too, always have, but at my age there's health issues in the way, wife, 4 daughters, grandkids, doesn't make it easy. Thanks for the ebay warning, that's where I was gonna look.

I try keeping up too, always have, but at my age there's health issues in the way, wife, 4 daughters, grandkids, doesn't make it easy. Thanks for the ebay warning, that's where I was gonna look.

You're welcome on the eBay warning.

:)

I would also add on the research thing: I would also get with people that you know are tech savvy, and see what they think the best course of action is for what Hardware player to get. Sometimes waiting is better than getting the latest, greatest thing.

Nothing wrong with buying on Ebay, you just have to be careful who you're buying from. Check their feedback and other items they're selling. Also know what you're paying for. i.e. new, remanufactured, used etc. Look for new. Brand is the most important and Oppo 93 is the best. There is lots of NOS pre-Cinavia players available.

Ebay is good if you use Paypal as it guarantees money back if there is any problem with delivery. Never buy anything on Ebay without Paypal and you're safe.

Nothing wrong with buying on Ebay, you just have to be careful who you're buying from. Check their feedback and other items they're selling. Also know what you're paying for. i.e. new, remanufactured, used etc. Look for new. Brand is the most important and Oppo 93 is the best. There is lots of NOS pre-Cinavia players available.

Ebay is good if you use Paypal as it guarantees money back if there is any problem with delivery. Never buy anything on Ebay without Paypal and you're safe.

Good to know about that.

Still, I wish I had bought a Blu-ray player before they put in the Cinavia influence since February 2012. Looking at the prices for some of these Non-Cinavia hardware players (new, used, or otherwise) now in 2015 is ridiculous!!

Good to know about that.

Still, I wish I had bought a Blu-ray player before they put in the Cinavia influence since February 2012. Looking at the prices for some of these Non-Cinavia hardware players (new, used, or otherwise) now in 2015 is ridiculous!!
Not surprising. I would leave "Cinavia" out of the search and just make sure the model# was first sold before the feb 2012 deadline. Anyway with Paypal, you can try out the player and have enough time to dispute the sale if there is a problem. Although, Cinavia working may not be a valid complaint and one does have to do their homework to make sure they know what they're buying.

Last edited:
Back