• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

TOO MANY COMPLAINTS, how about some successes

Not surprising. I would leave "Cinavia" out of the search and just make sure the model# was first sold before the feb 2012 deadline. Anyway with Paypal, you can try out the player and have enough time to dispute the sale if there is a problem. Although, Cinavia working may not be a valid complaint and one does have to do their homework to make sure they know what they're buying.
I think I'll just make do with the methods I mentioned earlier: having TMT 5 (without Cinavia), and the other software players that have AnyDVD HD enabled.

My $$$ is a bit tight to look up the prices for those pre-February 2012 Hardware players.

That was what I suggested to mcmenace to get around the Cinavia crap.

I think I'll just make do with the methods I mentioned earlier: having TMT 5 (without Cinavia), and the other software players that have AnyDVD HD enabled.

My $$$ is a bit tight to look up the prices for those pre-February 2012 Hardware players.

That was what I suggested to mcmenace to get around the Cinavia crap.

I agree completely. Dump the standalone BD players. For the price of an Oppo 93 you can build a nice HTPC networked system with software players immune to Cinavia.

I agree completely. Dump the standalone BD players. For the price of an Oppo 93 you can build a nice HTPC networked system with software players immune to Cinavia.

I just went on Amazon to look at the price of a pre-February 2012 OPPO.

Here's what I found: OPPO BDP-93 Universal Network 3D Blu-ray Disc Player

A new one starting at $1299.00???

Yipe!!

I'll stay with my method, thank you very much.

My take on the Cinavia watermark is that it's relatively easy to ignore, but so far it's impossible to remove from the original recording.
The Cinavia watermark was specifically designed so that it could not be removed from the original recording. This protection depends on the player to detect the watermark which is not that easy. As long as you can prevent the player from detecting Cinavia, it's a non-issue. Using software players and HTPC is the simplest practical long term solution.

Ch3vr0n

Yep going on 4 years now, thats what I call progress :agree:
Again, CloneBD doesn't detect Cinavia, the bluray player detects it not there as on originals and mutes the sound. If it did maybe they could remove it.

Yes it does, and I already told you where too. Inset a cinavia title, play the main title in the built in preview player and wait for it.

SURPRISE.

And about the 4years, is not like that cinex crap did it in 2months either. And their 'method' requires you to DL a database containing god knows what and you lose HD audio. I don't mind waiting for a fix that doesn't need you to DL a database file for every movie a few 100mb in size.

If you think you can do better and faster then go for it and let us know when you're done.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Yes it does, and I already told you where too. Inset a cinavia title, play the main title in the built in preview player and wait for it.

SURPRISE.

And about the 4years, is not like that cinex crap did it in 2months either. And their 'method' requires you to DL a database containing god knows what and you lose HD audio. I don't mind waiting for a fix that doesn't need you to DL a database file for every movie a few 100mb in size.

If you think you can do better and faster then go for it and let us know when you're done.

Cinex crap this cinex crap that, I wouldn't take it personal, how would you know anything about it anyway. I see the "crap" has won a bunch of awards. BTW ever notice anyDVD accessing their online database?? I'm just looking for a fix for BD Players, not an argument, just a fix. If you just wanna argue or show off, find somebody else to humor you, my time is too precious.

Cinavia is a requirement for all licensed standalone/software players now. I think the studios/hardware manufacturers actually have to pay to use/implement it (not the other way around)

The older Panasonic BDT110/210/310 players are still a decent non Cinavia player if you can find a used one.
Older Oppo players are held in high regard too, though are at a premium price.

Found a Panasonic BDT110 at a reasonable price. Problem is one of them has "latest firmware" upgrade on it. Don't know if that means it detects cinavia or not. You do need a network cable or $70 USB device to go wireless so hoping some of them weren't connected to internet ever or not upgraded - if it even matters. Cinavia detection not something to ask seller :disagree:, if they even know about it. A new one sells for over $300 that guy probably knows what he has ;) BTW, thanks for your help.

My take on the Cinavia watermark is that it's relatively easy to ignore, but so far it's impossible to remove from the original recording.
The Cinavia watermark was specifically designed so that it could not be removed from the original recording. This protection depends on the player to detect the watermark which is not that easy. As long as you can prevent the player from detecting Cinavia, it's a non-issue. Using software players and HTPC is the simplest practical long term solution.

Wish you would explain that to Ch3vr0n. He just doesn't seem to get the fact that it's the hardware detecting the watermark, not cloneBD.

I just went on Amazon to look at the price of a pre-February 2012 OPPO.

Here's what I found: OPPO BDP-93 Universal Network 3D Blu-ray Disc Player

A new one starting at $1299.00???

Yipe!!

I'll stay with my method, thank you very much.

It's just not that easy for millions of people to "dump their BD players". Many, including myself rely on them.
Your method won't be feasible for a lot of people like me. That price tells me the seller knows what he has, gotta find one that doesn't. :agree:

Last edited:
The OPD is used for playlists and bd+ mainly and only needs maybe a few KB in traffic to tell anydvd how to handle a movie, you name me 1 movie that requires you to download a file a few hundred MB in size from a database requiring login credentials to even access and Lora loading it into anydvd to get it to work? Oh wait, there isn't even ONE. How I would know about that well, because I kept tabs on the development back to the point where they were charging people real liberty for software that hadn't even been released at that point. When users started to ask for their money back, they got blacklisted by the 'devs. Then there was the research done by the guys over at myce forums that pretty much said their just swapping audio for a cinavia free audio source. Combine that with the fact that you lose HD audio pretty much sums it up. Crap

I am going to insist that if you wish to keep debating this topic that it be civil and respectful. :policeman: Otherwise, I have zero problem locking this thread.

That being said, your insistence that CloneBD doesn't detect Cinavia is completely and utterly WRONG. There's no "hardware" on a PC that's going to do so. PowerDVD and TMT are software based players, and use software to detect the Cinavia signal while playing a disc. CloneBD uses software to detect Cinavia while previewing a disc. You can argue with that FACT all you want, but, it won't make you any less wrong.

As for Cinex, wake me when the damn thing can keep HD audio. Until then, it's a completely useless product to me. It's all nice and great that it can download a database for existing titles to give me AC3 audio, but, I invested in my home theater setup to enjoy HD audio. Using AnyDVD + PowerDVD allows me to do that. Using JRiver MC20 + AnyDVD also allows me to do that. Using MakeMKV + AnyDVD + JRiver MC20 allows me to do that in a convenient MKV library. While I've not removed Cinavia in any of those cases, I have removed it from affecting playback in any way. If you're bound to a hardware player then I guess cinex is potentially useful to you so long as it has a database for the movie you're trying to backup and don't mind AC3 audio. That's up to you.

Wish you would explain that to Ch3vr0n. He just doesn't seem to get the fact that it's the hardware detecting the watermark, not cloneBD.

Wish you would READ too. Since when is cloneBD hardware? You don't seem to get the fact that on a pc IT'S THE SOFTWARE that does the detecting. So yes, it IS cloneBD that detects it as well

I am going to insist that if you wish to keep debating this topic that it be civil and respectful. :policeman: Otherwise, I have zero problem locking this thread.

That being said, your insistence that CloneBD doesn't detect Cinavia is completely and utterly WRONG. There's no "hardware" on a PC that's going to do so. PowerDVD and TMT are software based players, and use software to detect the Cinavia signal while playing a disc. CloneBD uses software to detect Cinavia while previewing a disc. You can argue with that FACT all you want, but, it won't make you any less wrong.

As for Cinex, wake me when the damn thing can keep HD audio. Until then, it's a completely useless product to me. It's all nice and great that it can download a database for existing titles to give me AC3 audio, but, I invested in my home theater setup to enjoy HD audio. Using AnyDVD + PowerDVD allows me to do that. Using JRiver MC20 + AnyDVD also allows me to do that. Using MakeMKV + AnyDVD + JRiver MC20 allows me to do that in a convenient MKV library. While I've not removed Cinavia in any of those cases, I have removed it from affecting playback in any way. If you're bound to a hardware player then I guess cinex is potentially useful to you so long as it has a database for the movie you're trying to backup and don't mind AC3 audio. That's up to you.

I'm sorry but if you look around, one guy keeps following me wherever I post and attempts to create an argument, see for yourself. I'm not uncivilized or disrespectful, if you're referring to me.

I don't care whether clonebd or the hardware detects cinavia - it doesn't matter. That's much ado about nothing. Who really cares what detects it, other than whomever is working on the solution? Bottom line Cinavia prevents me from backing up movies. I and people like me need a way around it and I think I've found one, thanks to Mr. ddjmagic here, in this forum.

Forget about cin ex or whatever it's called, simply pointed out it's there. Someone may find it useful. I have no interest in arguing with anybody about things that don't matter one way or another. Life too short and precious for that, as I tried to point out - prior to being followed here, with more provocations and meaningless confrontations. I'm here for information, not to go back and forth about cinex or what detects what or databases - that's just a waste of time and has absolutely nothing to do with solving any problems.

There's a few folks here I've been able to glean some helpful info from in spite of the distractions and I'm finally getting something accomplished. I'm glad you've found a solution to Cinavia for yourself but it won't work for me. Perhaps it'll work for other's, in any case it's positive feedback and good to know. Sharing knowledge and information is tantamount.

Last edited:
I don't attempt to create any argument, you just keep saying cloneBD can't do things it can. So I just have to keep correcting until you get it, that's all.

@ddjmagic

I've found a brand new Panasonic BDT210. Being unopened there shouldn't be any firmware issues. I'll just be careful not to upgrade it, even if it means disconnecting it from the net. That's not a big deal for me as I have other means of accessing the extras that come pre-installed. Netflix Pandora etc.

It's made in 2011 a bit pricey ($200) but not ridiculous. That is one of the part numbers you so thoughtfully provided me with. I think I'm going to grab one but was hoping to hear from you to ensure it's the right one for the job.

Could be the end of my Cinavia issues at least until the folks here solve it. I can't thank you enough for your providing me with that information :clap:.

Last edited:
I don't attempt to create any argument, you just keep saying cloneBD can't do things it can. So I just have to keep correcting until you get it, that's all.

There you go again. I don't need corrected, I don't need stalked, I don't need arguments. You can't copy a cinavia protected disc to play on a standalone bluray player with clonebd. If you think it can, so be it. Like I said, none of the "cin ex crap" ad nauseum, databases, etc. matters to me one way or another, none of it. It's much ado about nothing and I've moved on.

Yes, as far as I know the BDT210 doesn't contain Cinavia on any firmware versions.
I wouldn't pay $200 though, these regularly go for less than $100 on Ebay. (search 'BDT210' and go to 'Sold Listings' to see what they have been selling for)

For the record I wasn't singling anyone out. My comment about being respectful even in disagreement applies to everyone.

Yes, as far as I know the BDT210 doesn't contain Cinavia on any firmware versions.
I wouldn't pay $200 though, these regularly go for less than $100 on Ebay. (search 'BDT210' and go to 'Sold Listings' to see what they have been selling for)

I was concerned about buying a used one for fear that a possible/probable firmware upgrade could leave me back at square 1. That's why I was thinking seriously about the brand new one in the box versus a used one. I've seen the BDT110 listed for $50 but didn't run across any pre-owned 210's, just new ones as mentioned at $200. Seems the 210 has features the 110 doesn't and didn't see any 310's. Maybe didn't dig deep enough.

Odd that the 210 sells for around $200 and the latest model in that series goes for $98 :confused: Can't say I've seen that before...could it be somebody knows something? Nah couldn't be that :disagree:

Thanks go out to you or whoever mentioned using paypal too, could make a big difference. I'm not gonna pull the trigger on a pre-owned one until I know absolutely for certain a firmware update doesn't enable cinavia. Kind of a hard question to ask LOL. Much obliged for your time and info. :clap:

Back