• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

TOO MANY COMPLAINTS, how about some successes

That is contrary to statements SlySoft has said before about CloneBD. Given that it's from SlySoft support, I doubt very much anyone will comment on it publicly, but, it would be good to get clarification on that as it is definitely not what was said before. It was always stated that CloneBD, as some future point, would remove Cinavia once a solution for doing so was found. So that is definitely a bit confusing and contradictory to previous information we've gotten.

That was copied and pasted directly from an email I received from support when I questioned them about cinavia. I can't provide you with anymore clarification, other than the email. I'm kinda glad to see "it's really nagging them" as a solution may be prioritized. Can only hope for that :) However if you think about it, it does make a lot of since to have cloneBD and by association, cloneDVD remain "clean" products as stated.

What people fail to understand about that is that it demonstrates slysoft's understanding of how the detection algorithm works. If you know how the detector works, you can devise a non destructive method of breaking it.

That being the case, maybe a solution isn't that far away.

Last edited:
I'm hoping so. Would love to see Cinavia put to rest permanently. While I'm not impacted by it, it's still annoying for those that are. I'm very curious now as to how SlySoft plans to handle it.

Not unless you work for tech support and were told not to say anything :confused:

i don't work for them, but my contact DOES :) and when i mailed in to ask about it i was (at that time) asked to keep it confidential. Ofcourse won't give any names out, but thats all in the past now. The "news" is out :)

The ball is now in slysoft's court to let us know how they'll tackle the issue itself.

This really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that CloneBD won't circumvent cinavia when it was announced it would be released as an Elby product. When CloneBD or Slyce was intended to be released under Slysoft I believe they had every intention of developing a cure of cinavia within the program. At least that is what was hinted at a few times. It was also stated that this wouldn't be a job for AnyDVDHD to do. So if they do something it will have to be an add-on program of some sort.

I too am curious to see if Slysoft will still develop a product that removes the cinavia watermark.

DSquare; said:
I too am curious to see if Slysoft will still develop a product that removes the cinavia watermark.

slysoft support....

Rest assured that we are working hard on finding a solution for this problem. This issue is really nagging us.

Sounds like there gonna do something about it, realizing they'll have a lot of unhappy customers as it spreads.
If not, they should eventually point out it won't support cinavia detecting players to folks.

So, now I'm confused. I thought that it was Elby that was trying to come up with a solution for "removing" Cinavia with CloneBD and not Slysoft with AnyDVD.

The only thing that works so far is to use pre-Cinavia standalones, software players supported by AnyDVDHD or otherwise ignore Cinavia, or up-reving the firmware of newer standalones that do support Cinavia.
There is a market to sell that player firmware and something that Slysoft should be interested in :)

So, now I'm confused. I thought that it was Elby that was trying to come up with a solution for "removing" Cinavia with CloneBD and not Slysoft with AnyDVD.

The only thing that works so far is to use pre-Cinavia standalones, software players supported by AnyDVDHD or otherwise ignore Cinavia, or up-reving the firmware of newer standalones that do support Cinavia.
There is a market to sell that player firmware and something that Slysoft should be interested in :)

No idea which product will tackle it, perhaps even a new one or add on. Slysoft mentioned it won't be part of cloneBD but it is being worked on. No idea who's undertaking it, although cloneBD supposedly will remain "clean", just like cloneDVD. Quite believable.

I ran across this while searching for "pre-cinavia bluray players".....

Developers have created firmwares for Panasonic Blu-ray players that make them Cinavia free. The firmware also allows you to freely switch regions deactivates DVD UOP (User operation prohibition) and Blu-Ray PUO (Protected user operation). On some models it will also add high clarity sound, multichannel audio reformatting, advanced video status information and PAL support for non-PAL models.

http://www.myce.com/news/developers-make-cinavia-free-panasonic-blu-ray-player-firmwares-73687/

Problem is all the links to the model numbers, firmware, and other places of interest are "dead" ;)

I didn't pursue it any further, although over 77,000 hits appeared. That's a lot of info to mine if you have the time and desire.

I bought the Panasonic cinavia-free BDT210 at what I consider a good deal from amazon. (Other's have same idea 2 left) :(

IMO if you don't have an older cinavia-free one I would give serious consideration to finding one, as Elby/Slysoft have been aware of cinavia for close to 4 years. No telling when their solution will materialize.

I see 6 choices for now - find an older player, wait it out, watch on PC, try cin ex, avoid those movies with it, or hope firmware like above is for real and available.

Good Luck

Last edited:
Panasonic BDT-210

Just tried Dracula Untold backup on the recommended Panasonic BDT-210. Manufactured Sept, 2011. Nice unit. No sound from HT speakers or TV on it :confused: Put in a different cinavia-free backup, got sound from both on the 210??!!

Anybody considering buying the BDT-210 I would forget about it as it is no better than the newer, cheaper ones, unless somebody can prove me wrong. No idea why it's so expensive but I can't get it to defeat cinavia. Sign doesn't come up, just get no audio whatsoever. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but it will not play a cinavia encoded backup. If anybody owns one and reads this, please let me know of your experience or what I could be doing wrong.

Called panasonic support, they said it was not designed for backups. Told them my problem and it's legal in US to make 1 back up of a purchased movie. Basically said tough luck. No firmware upgrade will help, and it will play what it plays, which does not include cinavia. Now they have my name, phone number, and zip code:bang:

Last edited:
You've got nothing to worry about on the cinavia part. If it was manufactured in 2011 that means it was licensed for BD playback in 2010 or 2011. Well before the cinavia implementation rule, even if they were to bring our a fw with cinavia detection in it, it still wouldn't be able to as it lacks the accompanying hardware to do so.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Panasonic Bd-210 Manufactured September 2011. Doesn't give cinavia error, whole backup has no sound. Others do. So it's back to square 1 unless somebody with a 210 says otherwise. (See above)

Panasonic Bd-210 Manufactured September 2011. Doesn't give cinavia error, whole backup has no sound. Others do. So it's back to square 1 unless somebody with a 210 says otherwise. (See above)

It doesn't sound like a Cinavia issue. If it was you would see the displayed Cinavia audio muted message code 3 and that wouldn't happen straight away.
Does the original disc play fine on the 210 with complete audio?

How are you creating the backup?

It doesn't sound like a Cinavia issue. If it was you would see the displayed Cinavia audio muted message code 3 and that wouldn't happen straight away.
Does the original disc play fine on the 210 with complete audio?

How are you creating the backup?

First of all, thanks for your help....

Yes, on 210 Dracula Untold original plays fine, complete audio. Backup (-0-) audio, picture fine. No mention of cinavia. Take same backup to BTD230, get the cinavia mutation error.

Created Dracula Untold backup via anyDVD-HD/cloneBD as per usual. Works for most movies, however every now and then ones like Dark Shadow pop up. Eventually got it, after numerous tries, no cinavia involved.

Dark Shadows (Depp) backup plays correctly on DMP-BTD230, 210 won't play sound - great picture - again, no sound.

Sherlock Holmes (2009) plays fine on 210, sound and picture. In process of trying more to better evaluate overall capability but it clearly isn't doing what I thought it would :(

Hoping you read above comment regarding Panasonic Customer Support, although I don't believe "it wasn't made to play bluray backups" when it says on the box and in the manual it plays BD?? Am I missing something?

Last edited:
Hoping you read above comment regarding Panasonic Customer Support, although I don't believe "it wasn't made to play bluray backups" when it says on the box and in the manual it plays BD?? Am I missing something?
Blu-ray players do not have to legally play back BD-R discs which is probably what they are referring to. When Blu-ray players were first released pretty much none on them supported BD-R playback and it was added in as a 'trial' firmware a few months later with the caveat that it could be removed at any time by the Blu-ray consortium, so unless it specifically mentions it in the manual that it plays back BD-R's then they don't have to support it, even then they don't have to support full Blu-ray playback as it depends again on what is in the manual. They may only support AVCHD formats and not full disc with menu support.
You might also want to check the folder structure. Some players don't like missing folders from the structure even though those folders are empty. PDVD is notorious for this. I have some films that go black and won't play unless I make sure all the folders are in the BDMV folder even though they are empty.

Last edited:
Yes, on 210 Dracula Untold original plays fine, complete audio.
Created Dracula Untold backup via anyDVD-HD/cloneBD as per usual.

I would try and make a backup without any processing tools, just as a test.
If you have any 50GB BD-R/BD-RE discs, rip to an ISO image using AnyDVD then burn that untouched image with IMGBurn, then see if plays back correctly in the BDT-210.

I wouldn't worry. I think you just got the expected response from Panasonic support, if the player doesn't support backups (BD-R/BD-RE) then your backups wouldn't playback at all.

Blu-ray players do not have to legally play back BD-R discs which is probably what they are referring to. When Blu-ray players were first released pretty much none on them supported BD-R playback and it was added in as a 'trial' firmware a few months later with the caveat that it could be removed at any time by the Blu-ray consortium, so unless it specifically mentions it in the manual that it plays back BD-R's then they don't have to support it, even then they don't have to support full Blu-ray playback as it depends again on what is in the manual. They may only support AVCHD formats and not full disc with menu support.
You might also want to check the folder structure. Some players don't like missing folders from the structure even though those folders are empty. PDVD is notorious for this. I have some films that go black and won't play unless I make sure all the folders are in the BDMV folder even though they are empty.

Manual states it does play BD-Video, BD-RE and BD-R containing video or MKV. Also states "with certain recording states and file structures, play order may differ or not be possible". Sounds like a fancy way of saying copy protected? Unless cloneBD deletes those empty folders you mentioned they should be there, as I don't delete those for that very reason.

Supported Formats
BD-ROM:FULL HD 3D BD, BD-Video
BD-RE / BD-RE DL:Version 3, JPEG/MPO
BD-R/BD-R DL:Version 2, MKV

Think I may have found the problem, although it doesn't explain why some play and others don't....now the solution??? Note the BD-R is compatible with version 2, my Ritek Ridata case states in small print it is compatible with Bluray recordable format version 1.3, also can only record up to 130mins of HD video. Explains why the 3 hour movies failed, naturally I blamed cloneBD.

In this case, firmware upgrade did not help. Tech support suggested it. Some BD-R's have played. Looks like now the question is whether to return it or not. Pity folks putting out the big bucks ($300-$400 and up) expecting this player to defeat cinavia. Can't imagine any other reason for the high prices. It's nice but not that nice LOL. My other one plays everything but cinavia, this is not quite so forgiving.

Last edited:
I would try and make a backup without any processing tools, just as a test.
If you have any 50GB BD-R/BD-RE discs, rip to an ISO image using AnyDVD then burn that untouched image with IMGBurn, then see if plays back correctly in the BDT-210.

I do have 50GB BD-R DL blanks but not RE. Only cost 1 disc to try, will give it a shot. also might as well upgrade firmware, shouldn't add cinavia and may allow it to play more BD-R's. Have yet to try obvious, like changing cables around yet. Didn't see this coming :p

Back