• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

TOO MANY COMPLAINTS, how about some successes

I finally got John Wick to work. I used 50g (no compression) and unchecked core audio.

I still can't get The Legend of Hercules 3D to work. I only want an ISO 2d copy. I use XBMC as a player. The only way I can get a working copy is if I select AC3 stereo. I want my 5.1! Last night I tried a copy with every audio tracks selected. English, Spanish, commentary, all. It crashed trying to make ISO. Sent e-mail via the program's screen. I am presently creating another "copy to image" now. As I recollect, the first time I did this, it also had the bad audio/video at the start of chapter 2. I have played the movie in my blu-ray in my theater without problems. Of over 200 blu-ray copies I have made with my system, John Wick and this one are the only ones I have had problems with. I seem to remember that Legend of Hercules was doing the same audio/video problem when I was trying to copy via Leawo Blu-ray Copy software. I changed to AnyDVD HD because I could not find a working playlist with Leawo (it put up over 300 playlists and none were correct, 783 not in their list).
Still I can get a ISO file to play correctly, if I select AC3 stereo during copy to ISO? This is a 3D disk, but I only want to play it as 2D. My nas won't support 3D. Is it possible that the 3D video 5.1 audio be causing this problem???? I select the same playlist, 783, each time. But it again works with stereo AC3 selected at copy time.

I finally got John Wick to work. I used 50g (no compression) and unchecked core audio.

I still can't get The Legend of Hercules 3D to work. I only want an ISO 2d copy. I use XBMC as a player. The only way I can get a working copy is if I select AC3 stereo. I want my 5.1! Last night I tried a copy with every audio tracks selected. English, Spanish, commentary, all. It crashed trying to make ISO. Sent e-mail via the program's screen. I am presently creating another "copy to image" now. As I recollect, the first time I did this, it also had the bad audio/video at the start of chapter 2. I have played the movie in my blu-ray in my theater without problems. Of over 200 blu-ray copies I have made with my system, John Wick and this one are the only ones I have had problems with. I seem to remember that Legend of Hercules was doing the same audio/video problem when I was trying to copy via Leawo Blu-ray Copy software. I changed to AnyDVD HD because I could not find a working playlist with Leawo (it put up over 300 playlists and none were correct, 783 not in their list).
Still I can get a ISO file to play correctly, if I select AC3 stereo during copy to ISO? This is a 3D disk, but I only want to play it as 2D. My nas won't support 3D. Is it possible that the 3D video 5.1 audio be causing this problem???? I select the same playlist, 783, each time. But it again works with stereo AC3 selected at copy time.

Well I just finished checking my latest attempt, copy to image, it has the audio/video problem at the same place if 5.1 is selected while it's playing. I can select AC3 stereo, AC3 Spanish, AC3 5.1 with commentary or AC3 commentary. All work correctly. The problem is clearly with how XBMC in working with this "DTS/HD Master Audio 7.1". It shows it as 5.1 in the selection. I hope that AnyDVD HD will be able to convert 7.1 to 5.1 in the future.
I wish to thank all of you that put up with my complaining.

Why waste the life of the drive when it's quicker to just rip it to the harddrive and encode from there especially when I make more than 1 file type of the disc?

umm we weren't talking about you and your methods, some fella was having problems with burning ISO's. I simply said anyDVD HD and cloneBD will do the job better and faster. That mini novel above is kind of a stretch, to say the least. Warped blurays from heat caused by a drive running over 10 hours to backup a movie c'mon.

At least I had realistic questions for the guy, like how much RAM, if he's multitasking etc. That comes from being an engineer and looking at the big picture, not what I see everyday in tech support like you said you do.

BTW bluray burners and 50 25GB cakebox of Ritek both around $40 USD shipped. I know, just bought 1 of each yesterday cos tired of changing discs with 1 Bluray drive. LG with 3 year warranty. Lot of burning for around $50. Less expensive one's as I mentioned, I happened to like the features of a better burner. 3 years unlimited burning minimum for $50 is insignificant, as I said.

But no matter what I say you know more than I do and are always seeking an argument, even going so far as to ignore the gentleman's problem and start rambling on about what you do. The AV business ad nauseum now warped blurays......

Actually you were the one who decide to have a go because I mentioned wear on the drives. It seems that no matter what I say to explain reasons for why I do things in a certain way you always have to have a go back. He asked how I was making the ISO to which I replied with a reason why I do it that way, you were the one who then decided that wear on the drives was ridiculous even though it's a valid reason for making ISO's first. I then explained why making an ISO is preferable due to many extra hours of drive use and the possibility of warping discs that can get too hot as well as the drives becoming too hot to burn back to if left running to long without decent airflow, but again that's not good enough for you and again you have to have another dig. These are all valid reasons and things I have actually seen happen as well as others reporting such things online. Just because you haven't come across these things doesn't make it untrue.
As to the price of the drive, maybe it is insignificant to you, but not to a lot of people. Many people struggle to afford the cost of a Blu-ray drive and other computer components so the longer they can keep a part running the better for them as it means they can upgrade other parts such as CPU's, GPU's and RAM. Not every country sells hardware as cheaply as the USA, nor do people make the same kind of money in all countries.

Last edited:
umm we weren't talking about you and your methods, some fella was having problems with burning ISO's. I simply said anyDVD HD and cloneBD will do the job better and faster. That mini novel above is kind of a stretch, to say the least. Warped blurays from heat caused by a drive running over 10 hours to backup a movie c'mon.

BTW bluray burners and 50 25GB cakebox of Ritek both around $40 USD shipped. I know, just bought 1 of each yesterday cos tired of changing discs with 1 Bluray drive. LG with 3 year warranty. Lot of burning for around $50. Less expensive one's as I mentioned, I happened to like the features of a better burner. 3 years unlimited burning minimum for $50 is insignificant, as I said.
QUOTE]

Blu ray burners are around £50 in the UK - $75. Pack of 50 Blurays £30 - $45
In some parts of the country that's more than a days pay for the average worker and its a week's income for someone on welfare.

Last edited:
Well I just finished checking my latest attempt, copy to image, it has the audio/video problem at the same place if 5.1 is selected while it's playing. I can select AC3 stereo, AC3 Spanish, AC3 5.1 with commentary or AC3 commentary. All work correctly. The problem is clearly with how XBMC in working with this "DTS/HD Master Audio 7.1". It shows it as 5.1 in the selection. I hope that AnyDVD HD will be able to convert 7.1 to 5.1 in the future.
I wish to thank all of you that put up with my complaining.

I decided to try an MP4 version for Legend of Hercules. I saw in a post somewhere that someone stated that ClonrBD will convert DTS to AC3. It worked!! I got my 5.1 sound version without a lot of compression/quality loss. Wahoo!!!

QUOTE]

Blu ray burners are around £50 in the UK - $75. Pack of 50 Blurays £30 - $45
In some parts of the country that's more than a days pay for the average worker and its a week's income for someone on welfare.

Maybe people on welfare should get a job or take care of their family instead of buying and backing up blurays. What's a bluray movie cost there? Didn't mention that. Compare that to a burner and blanks. What's the better deal? Plus you need blanks and at least 1 burner anyway. I don't get what you're trying to say. If they can't afford it they shouldn't jump into it. It costs money, no way around that.

I'm retired and on fixed income and raised 4 girls, all with college degrees and very successful. I was on welfare in 70's when things were really tough, but decided to rise above, and made it to engineer. Being average wan't good enough for me. I get by but that's about it. Can't work OT if things get tough like your "average worker", but I manage. There are some things I won't compromise on and buy junk. Better off that way in the long run.

Do you buy that business of drives running for 10 hours and warping blurays
I don't and even if it were true who in their right mind is gonna sit there and let it spin for 10 hours?? Making an iSO to "see if it works" is a waste of time and you still have to burn an ISO or something to make a back up. I haven't seen a bluray stand alone that plays ISO's. So what are you saving in the end?

These forums are to help people and things seem to have gotten away from that. CYA around when there's something that matters to talk about or find a chat site if ya got too much time on your hands.

Last edited:
Have you actually been reading the forum? Some people have been leaving their systems to encode for well over 10 hours reading from the disc.

As to the warping of discs, It doesn't matter if you believe it or not, having had 1 warp due to heat and having had others who have had the same problem I know it can happen.

My test failed, Downton Abbey

Installed the latest trial last night. Had Downton iso handy. Tried to convert mounted iso to episode mkv files (the iso plays fine via MPC-HC and openELEC(Kodi)). Video and captions are fine, but no audio. Tried a few times, but always the same result. The audio stream is clearly selected in the GUI, and then just not there.

Oh well, I'll wait a while longer and try again later. Come on Sly, I'm dying to send you my $100.

Trying Clown now. It's either broken, or too complicated for me to use. I actually get the opposite. Audio, but video won't show up when trying to play the directory in MPC-HC. Yeh, I know, I'm probably doing something wrong. I even went through the trouble of making sure java was in my path. So if I am using it wrong, then it's above my personal pain threshold.

So I say again, come on CloneBD! The interface is rockin. And I'll be especially impressed if the episodes always come out in the right order, even when the segment #'s are not in numerical order (it happens sometimes). This $100 is burning a hole in my pocket (or 0.417BTC @ 10:56pm-CST).

Trying Clown now. It's either broken, or too complicated for me to use. I actually get the opposite. Audio, but video won't show up when trying to play the directory in MPC-HC. Yeh, I know, I'm probably doing something wrong. I even went through the trouble of making sure java was in my path. So if I am using it wrong, then it's above my personal pain threshold.

So I say again, come on CloneBD! The interface is rockin. And I'll be especially impressed if the episodes always come out in the right order, even when the segment #'s are not in numerical order (it happens sometimes). This $100 is burning a hole in my pocket (or 0.417BTC @ 10:56pm-CST).

anyDVD HD/cloneBD works for most folks, not sure why it' isn't for you. Forget about ISO. The 2 aforementioned backup most movies as advertised now. Bigger problem is cinavia. Don't know about it? You will soon enough and it's becoming more and more the protection "of choice" for the various distributors.

Everything appears to be good, then around 20 minutes thru the movie the sound drops out and you get a Cinavia error on stand-alone players. At present, there is no fix and be careful the Cinavia icon isn't on the back of the BD you want to backup. I've tried several times seeking a clue as to what they plan on doing about it, no replies.

Eventually you'll figure out what you're doing wrong, but when it comes to cinavia, well good luck. Dracula Untold, Equalizer, and Fury are 3 I found the hard way. Cinavia can't be ignored much longer and will not go away. Now I'm scanning the backs for that Icon before even considering a bluray purchase. Was limited to Sony but spreading like wildfire now. There are sites bragging about having finally defeated anyDVD/Slysoft. I've seen them while searching for a fix. Disgusting to put it mildly.

Slysoft isn't ignoring cinavia, as you can see they're working on it. If that weren't cloneBD wouldn't even have been able to to detect cinavia. Now with that being said, cinavia discussions have plenty of topics in another forum section. CloneBD section is NOT one of them

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Slysoft isn't ignoring cinavia, as you can see they're working on it. If that weren't cloneBD wouldn't even have been able to to detect cinavia. Now with that being said, cinavia discussions have plenty of topics in another forum section. CloneBD section is NOT one of them

Don't think cloneBD detects cinavia, the bluray players do. However if CloneBD forum is off limits and now I'm told another thread (Cinavia being detected) is off limits. I saw in a sticky where cloneBD (slyce) was going to deal with it. That is closed down. What's left? I haven't had a need to come here since everything worked fine....up to now so I know nothing of previous discussions, and TBH only care about now.

CloneBD does imply it will work on stand-alone bluray players. Where else would you play a bluray disc? It needs to be talked about now, given the fact it doesn't always do what it says with intrusion of cinavia...

CloneBD lets you copy any unprotected Blu-ray to your hard drive, or any blank Blu-ray disc.

Perhaps you will be kind enough to lead me in the direction where it is free to be discussed, or shall I start a new thread, and if so where??? Thanks.

Last edited:
Don't think cloneBD detects cinavia, the bluray players do.

You think wrong, insert a cinavia disc and pay the main title in the built in player. It'll detect it in seconds

I saw in a sticky where cloneBD (slyce) was going to deal with it.

CloneBD does imply it will work on stand-alone bluray players. Where else would you play a bluray disc? It needs to be talked about now, given the fact it doesn't always do what it says with intrusion of cinavia...

Where else? How about htpc's? With players like the cinavia detecting Pdvd 14?

Don't think cloneBD detects cinavia, the bluray players do. However if CloneBD forum is off limits and now I'm told another thread (Cinavia being detected) is off limits. I saw in a sticky where cloneBD (slyce) was going to deal with it. That is closed down. What's left? I haven't had a need to come here since everything worked fine....up to now so I know nothing of previous discussions, and TBH only care about now.

Perhaps you will be kind enough to lead me in the direction where it is free to be discussed, or shall I start a new thread, and if so where??? Thanks.

https://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?62914-Cinavia-being-detected First of all I didn't close the thread, I moved it, its still here and I even left a redirect. You can discuss it to your hearts content. If Cinavia is part of CloneBD it will be implemented when its done, if it is not then sorry for your not reading the description correctly.

https://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?62914-Cinavia-being-detectedFirst of all I didn't close the thread, I moved it, its still here and I even left a redirect. You can discuss it to your hearts content. If Cinavia is part of CloneBD it will be implemented when its done, if it is not then sorry for your not reading the description correctly.

Thanks for settling the thread problem. Was referring to sticky, which is closed.
BTW, what did I miss in the description?

CloneBD lets you copy any unprotected Blu-ray to your hard drive, or any blank Blu-ray disc. With just a few clicks you can choose to make a partial copy of selected titles, audio languages, and subtitle languages, or you can do a straight 1:1 complete copy of your Blu-ray. CloneBD makes perfect 1:1 clones, but also compresses BD-50 to a single BD-25, BD-9 or BD-5.

Where else would you play the copied blue ray disc mentioned in the description but in a bluray player, as in your 3 Oppo's? If that was not the intention then perhaps description should contain a caveat like "May not work in stand-alone Bluray Players" I mean that's only fair. It's the truth and people should know what they're getting for their money.

Where else? How about htpc's? With players like the cinavia detecting Pdvd 14?

I don't know what an htpc is but anything with pc in it makes me wonder and I know PowerDVD 14 plays on PC's so why would anybody put a bluray disc in a PC when their are simpler ways without wasting media?

Home theater PC, as in a computer hooked up to TV. Why in a PC, we'll for starters it's cheaper to replace a backup recordable disc with one movie on it than an HDD with dozens on it.

Home theater PC, as in a computer hooked up to TV. Why in a PC, we'll for starters it's cheaper to replace a backup recordable disc with one movie on it than an HDD with dozens on it.

yeah connecting a PC up to home theater, TV etc. makes a lot more sense than a stand-alone bluray player. Makes me wonder why people even buy them.

Hdd's fail all the time, certainly no place to store dozens of movies. Isn't that what BD's are for? But having those you need to differentiate which one's will only play on PC.

Wonder what this means....

CloneBD lets you copy any unprotected Blu-ray to your hard drive, or any blank Blu-ray disc. With just a few clicks you can choose to make a partial copy of selected titles, audio languages, and subtitle languages, or you can do a straight 1:1 complete copy of your Blu-ray. CloneBD makes perfect 1:1 clones, but also compresses BD-50 to a single BD-25, BD-9 or BD-5.

Because it doesn't stand up to cinavia protected movies and should have a caveat stating that fact so people who want to watch a movie on their bluray player don't see 20 minutes of movie then have the sound go away. Quite an unpleasant experience my friend.

I have to say that he has a point. The software is sold as a BD backup product and, while it backs up the disk, it certainly doesn't allow it to be played on a stand alone BD player if the disk has Cinavia.
Reading the feed back on the forums it is clear that a lot of people are not fully conversant with PC's and may not have the knowledge or money to build an HTPC.
Personally, owning a computer shop it isn't much of an issue as I have an HTPC and a small server with a DNLA media server.
I have a 3D TV which I have hooked to a 2012 Panasonic 3D player without Cinavia and another in the loft, both bought from Ebay for about £40.

How many "average" users have this kind of access? They want to back up their disks and play them back on their PS4's or BD players.
Cinavia IS THE major issue with BD backups for the vast majority of users and if broken would make Elby a fortune.

I have been on the internet for nearly 20 years and NEVER have seen a copy protection for anything stand for this long - I wouldn't put any money on it ever being broken.

Last edited:
Back