• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

TOO MANY COMPLAINTS, how about some successes

new and hoping for help

I have been using Leawo Blu-ray Copy for several months. I have copied over 200 blu-ray movies to ISO files to store on my nas. I use XBMC version 12 to view them. I ran into a problem with John Wick and The Legend of Hercules not copying in the right scene order or I got a copy message. I next tried Borsoft Blu-ray copy, but it will not make an ISO file. I have 27Tbytes of storage, so the larger files are not a problem. I have purchased AnyDVD HD and CloneBD because the forum chatter seemed to show that they had solved the scene sequence problem. Leawo only takes about two hours to create a copy of main movie. CloneBD takes over four hours. I could live with this if it would work. I have copied John Wick several times now trying several different settings. I get areas where the video stutters and jumps, then later in it stops, but the audio continues. The Audio is slightly out of sync (it's slow). I also have another audio problem. In XBMC as the movie begins the audio is going on and off. I noticed it was switching between 5.1 and 2 channel. If I set it to 2 channels the audio stabilizes but is out of sync. If someone has had success with this movie please tell me the solution. I made a MKV file, but it only showed a black screen in VLC media player and XBMC.

Ripping with AnyDVD HD

I have seen posts where people say the rip with AnyDVD HD and burn with Clone BD . How is this correct. How do you rip with AnyDVD HD alone? I can't find any info about this

As I said in a previous post, disabling it inside the software doesn't always actually disable the software hence my comment about not actually being able to disable it. What you find is that it's still running in the background and blocking background tasks even when it's supposed to be disabled.

There's nothing in the part of the logs I can read to say what could be causing the burning issue. I doubt if there's much in there that would say it's being blocked by AV as all it probably returns is an inability to write to the drive from Windows, always assuming that that is what is actually blocking it.

I have seen posts where people say the rip with AnyDVD HD and burn with Clone BD . How is this correct. How do you rip with AnyDVD HD alone? I can't find any info about this
You right click on the fox icon in the task bar and chose 'rip to image'

As I said in a previous post, disabling it inside the software doesn't always actually disable the software hence my comment about not actually being able to disable it. What you find is that it's still running in the background and blocking background tasks even when it's supposed to be disabled.

There's nothing in the part of the logs I can read to say what could be causing the burning issue. I doubt if there's much in there that would say it's being blocked by AV as all it probably returns is an inability to write to the drive from Windows, always assuming that that is what is actually blocking it.

OK but it is writing to the discs up to a certain point.....

My experience with AV is it acts mostly on internet-related issues, not on already installed programs, other than when scanning them, of course. Again, given the amount of feedback received, don't you think Slysoft/Elby would realize by now AV is an issue and have a statement warning folks??

I will disable it and try, but I don't think thats the problem. I really have yet to try the new release on a new rip as well. The problem(s) could lie in the old ISO rip. At this point I dunno and think maybe starting over with the latest versions of both software is my best hope for success, if not,, there's a real serious problem, don't see how it could be unique to me.

OK but it is writing to the discs up to a certain point.....

My experience with AV is it acts mostly on internet-related issues, not on already installed programs, other than when scanning them, of course. Again, given the amount of feedback received, don't you think Slysoft/Elby would realize by now AV is an issue and have a statement warning folks??

I will disable it and try, but I don't think thats the problem. I really have yet to try the new release on a new rip as well. The problem(s) could lie in the old ISO rip. At this point I dunno and think maybe starting over with the latest versions of both software is my best hope for success, if not,, there's a real serious problem, don't see how it could be unique to me.
As I said, being a system builder and dealing with tech support all day I see a lot of non internet related issues and AV software. For example, Grass Valley's Edius editing software has problems with certain AV software blocking it burning to Blu-ray. Disabling the AV software doesn't stop the issue, nor does adding Edius into the excludes list. We even had one recently with McAfee where their solution was that the customer tried to get a free update to the latest version of Edius because McAfee was blocking it from working and the only way to fix it was to either get the latest version of Edius or uninstall McAfee. Now to me that's a McAfee issue as their software shouldn't still be blocking if it's disabled, but it was and they weren't prepared to fix the issue.

As to whether Elby would know if it's the AV blocking it, I'm not sure as it's possible that all it records is that Windows has refused to write to the disc, if that's all they get back from Windows then there's no way to know that it's AV software blocking it.

That normally means there's an issue with the disc or drive. Have you tried cleaning the disc?

That normally means there's an issue with the disc or drive. Have you tried cleaning the disc?

Changed to video DVD to Hdd instead of image. Took less than an hour. problem is it has the copy error message at approximately 5 minutes in. Same as Leawo software. I thought this problem was solved with this software. Looks like I am still screwed.

If it's a Blu-ray and you get a read error then it's always either a faulty/dirty disc or failing drive

If it's a Blu-ray and you get a read error then it's always either a faulty/dirty disc or failing drive

I have tried it twice now both times I get the error/copy message. Speed is about an hour to rip. I see there is a John Wick problem forum. I will move to there to continue.

As I said, being a system builder and dealing with tech support all day I see a lot of non internet related issues and AV software. For example, Grass Valley's Edius editing software has problems with certain AV software blocking it burning to Blu-ray. Disabling the AV software doesn't stop the issue, nor does adding Edius into the excludes list. We even had one recently with McAfee where their solution was that the customer tried to get a free update to the latest version of Edius because McAfee was blocking it from working and the only way to fix it was to either get the latest version of Edius or uninstall McAfee. Now to me that's a McAfee issue as their software shouldn't still be blocking if it's disabled, but it was and they weren't prepared to fix the issue.

As to whether Elby would know if it's the AV blocking it, I'm not sure as it's possible that all it records is that Windows has refused to write to the disc, if that's all they get back from Windows then there's no way to know that it's AV software blocking it.

Sounds like the exception rather than the norm. Again, in the case where I use the anyDVD HD/CloneBD combo, it does write to the disc but does not complete the job. Therefore, I don't see how anything is being blocked. Blocked by definition means it's not able to write, right? That costs me a blank.

In the case where I rip to ISO, then attempt partial movie with cloneBD it does not burn, rather continually asks for more blank media, not ruining any?? Therefore, there is no burning going on whatsoever that way. So it could be just about anything. I'm re-ripping guardians right now to ISO with updated anyDVD HD, Then will try cloneBD - ISO - partial movie and see what happens.

Surely I'm not the only person with these issues. Could even be the media itself, at this point hard to pinpoint exactly whats going wrong, especially from here. Will just continue forwarding failures to support and hope they can figure things out. Thanks for your suggestions and time.

Later on I will try Fury with anyDVD HD/CloneBD combo and see what happens. A gentleman earlier in this thread said that worked for him, so I can't imagine why it would not work for me. Takes less than 2 hours so we'll see. That speed affords me the luxury of trying anything and everything in a reasonable timeframe.

BTW, any idea how to create decrypted ISO to try Imgburn?

Last edited:
I have tried it twice now both times I get the error/copy message. Speed is about an hour to rip. I see there is a John Wick problem forum. I will move to there to continue.
As I said if you get read errors on a Blu-ray it's always faulty/dirty disc or failing drive. Read errors are not a form of copy protection on Blu-ray discs. The John wick thread is about messed up playlists, this won't effect encoding, just the order the film is played in.

I wonder if it's an AMD thing as I never use them myself

Tried it on my main PC (FX8350) and on my workshop PC (i3) both fail to write anything to disc at all.
However both have Kaspersky, ITunes, Nero and Imgburn installed. Going to try a clean install with no AV to see what happens.

Sounds like the exception rather than the norm. .....
No it's not an exception, I just gave that as one example, but I see it a lot with other programs being blocked by AV software and just disabling doesn't fix the issue.

BTW, any idea how to create decrypted ISO to try Imgburn?
Just have AnyDVD HD running in the background, open Imgburn and use 'Create image file from disc'

There is no way I would uninstall my security software to get any program to work. That should be the very last resort! Would you go to bed and leave all your windows and doors unlocked and open? I 've been using Norton 360 and several other security suites over 30 years and I never had them block a burn.
What good is getting your burning software to possibly work and your system gets taken over or infected!

I never said take it off permanently. You take it off to see if the software then starts working properly, if it does then you can re-install it and report if it made a difference.
I don't really care if you've never had an issue, I deal with this kind of stuff daily and know for a fact that AV software can block programs from accessing parts of Windows for no real reason other than that they've decided to block it and just disabling the AV or adding it into the excludes list doesn't always work. At one point Norton was notorious for causing issues in Windows, they locked it down so much that it was worse than having a virus on your system as you were unable to use a lot of programs and at that point they got a real bad rep.

Even now I get clients who have the latest Norton 360 installed and it blocks them from using parts of their editing software or makes everything run really slow. I ask them to disconnect from the net and uninstall Norton and everything starts working properly and running faster, they then re-install and everything goes back to how it was. Pretty conclusive then that it's the AV software blocking and slowing down the system even after setting it to exclude certain programs and folders.
If my software is just trying to access standard parts of Windows and the AV blocks it with no way of allowing it to be used then that's an issue with the AV software as there's no reason why it should be blocking such things as the built in burning engine and other standard parts of Windows without the ability to bypass it if needed.

Or to put it another way, what good is having your system locked down by the AV if you can't actually use it properly?

Last edited:
So what are you doing, in terms of AV? I'm guessing everybody's using some form of AV, wonder what their success rate is. Again, I haven't seen anything from Slysoft/Elby warning of potential AV issues.

BTW, just tried Fury, with partial copy newest anyDVD HD/CloneBD and it's WRITING. For the 1st time it isn't asking for another disc. I'll know in a half hour if it's successful or not, but appears to blow away the AV blocking writing theory in either case. 2015-02-17_fury burn.jpg As you can see, it's burning to blank media at 50% now and 11:30 left.

Back