• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Bumblebee - High Definition Media Gatherer

Status
Not open for further replies.
says cannot delete access is denied
after unchecking autostart,restart the computer and try again.
make sure the process isn't running before deleting (use task manager-press and hold ctrl+alt+delete).

Last edited:
Stupid Kaspersky Anti-virus shows your Bumblebee executable as a Trojen.

11/22/2009 9:33:31 AM Detected: HEUR:Trojan.Win32.Generic
C:\USERS\MISK\APPDATA\ROAMING\SLYSOFT\BUMBLEBEE.EXE Bumblebee Media Gatherer

So you needs to send a False Positive report to them to clear it up...:bang:

Bumblebee informs me of newer versions of AnyDVD. IIRC it asks if I want to update automatically but when I click yes, nothing happens. Also, if I try to update (using the right click) manually, still nothing happens. Does Bumblebee just notifies you of an update or is it also supposed to automatically download the update and install it? Thanks.

The update feature of Bumblebee quit working for me quite awhile ago. I get notification of new updates, but when I ok to download, nothing happens. Actually, Bumblebee hasn't worked correctly for me at all for quite some time.

The update works fine with me, but I am experiencing the "bug", that it does not remember the information I entered:
I insert a blu-ray, Bumblebee asks for the data, I enter it. Then, Bumblebee re-hives, sends information and asks again to identify the media.

Are you experiencing the same?

The update works fine with me, but I am experiencing the "bug", that it does not remember the information I entered:
I insert a blu-ray, Bumblebee asks for the data, I enter it. Then, Bumblebee re-hives, sends information and asks again to identify the media.

Are you experiencing the same?
If you have repeated requests for a specific title, just remove the entry from the registry for that disc in HKCU\Software\Slysoft\Bumblebee\Seen - then it won't ask for it anymore - this is a bug in the bee for some titles.

I also can't download updates for AnyDvd HD with the bee (Win XP SP3), but at least it lets me know they are available ;)

Thanks for the suggestion, profcolli, but I think, it does not apply to my case.

Maybe I was not clear enough, so here I try again: My problem is not that Bumblebee requests a certain medium again an again. The problem is that Bumblebee forgets my entered data about the disc without me removing the disc. I simply say "this is Terminator 3", Bumblebee sends the data and the data from the disc away and asks me instantly "what disc is there in your drive?". If I then remove the disc, it shouts at me "you did not identify this media!".

It does not bother me at all, but I just thought it could be related to the problem of "cavediver" and "Im Packing".

Thanks for the suggestion, profcolli, but I think, it does not apply to my case.

Maybe I was not clear enough, so here I try again: My problem is not that Bumblebee requests a certain medium again an again. The problem is that Bumblebee forgets my entered data about the disc without me removing the disc. I simply say "this is Terminator 3", Bumblebee sends the data and the data from the disc away and asks me instantly "what disc is there in your drive?". If I then remove the disc, it shouts at me "you did not identify this media!".

It does not bother me at all, but I just thought it could be related to the problem of "cavediver" and "Im Packing".
OK - might be a Windows problem with drive identification. I seem to recall that behaviour being reported on some systems (Vista?). Terminate the Bee (kill the process if necessary) before inserting another disk, then restart the Bee.

Check the registry to make sure you don't have duplicate entries for the same disk - delete them if you do.

Hi Proficolli,
I just got a new disk, it was never inserted before in my PC (reminds me of Madonna's 'Like a Virgin' ;) ) .

First I startet my PC, a fresh, clean boot.
Then, I inserted the new Blu-Ray, Bumblebee popped up and I typed in the info (name and ASIN), checked the Amazon-checkbox and pressed ok.

Bumblebee rehived and after about 2 minutes, it popped up again asking me to insert the information about the disk (in the input-panel, there is no information about the disc, it is just empty).

Think I will suspend Bumblebee for a while (since I don't even know if the information is send to Slysoft or if it is deleted instantly after saying "ok".) and after the next fresh install of Windows 7, I will try again. I plan this for the "near" future because I wanna get my hands on a 5870 :)) .

Thanks for your support anyhow :) .

Last edited:
I'm having some trouble with Bumblebee, it keeps requesting I insert these discs again:

A - Band of Brothers, Disc: 3 [B00129H7VS]
A - Taken [B001GCUNYO]

which I've tried several times, but they won't go away, and when I insert the discs it doesn't seem to do anything, and then requests it again the next time I insert a disc.

I'm also getting a lot of notices of "New" discs even though I've inserted them and scanned them before, and verified that they are in the registry.

I'm having the same problem with "Taken" and "The Da Vinci Code." I'm told that they are critical and to insert them, I do, they go away and then come back the next time I insert any disc. And the request pops up randomly throughout the day. I've been sharing blu-ray information quite heavily and it's really annoying that this isn't getting fixed - and I've written about it here before. I'm about to stop sharing my Blu-ray collection as the bumblebee program is more trouble than it's worth...

I stopped using Bumblebee a long time ago. Given the extremely low activity and lack of answers in this thread, I'm thinking the application and the data it gathers isn't all that important to Slysoft anymore.

No it just send info to the slysoft server over the BD titles.

I can make it a service if you like. If others want Bumblebee as a service. But Bumblebee has a UI. Well, services can have a UI - but then someone have to respond to the dialogs and if this is an unmonitored server then Bumblebee won't work.

wrong data for Firefly

Bumblebee repeatedly asks me to insert Firefly, Disc 3 [B000Q6GX5Y].

Well, Firefly isn't ASIN B000Q6GX5Y, that's 300. It's ASIN B001EN71CW.

I entered the correct information into the database last time I put the disc in and sent it up, but that didn't fulfill Bumblebee's want for this Firefly, Disc 3 [B000Q6GX5Y]. And honestly, I don't see how I or anyone else ever could fulfill that request.

Also, last night I scanned in "The Informant!" and entered an ASIN, and then noticed when I watched it that it was a rental version, it said so on the disc actually, I should have looked before slotting it in. So that data I put in was wrong, it shouldn't have the ASIN of the retail disc attached to it.

Also, you just have to give me a way to stop making Bumblebee stop asking for discs. Both for The DaVinci Code that I only stuck in when I rented it and will never have again, and for the two discs of Firefly which I can stick but it doesn't ever satisfy it. The fact that I expect it to put up requests I can't answer every time I scan a disc means I ignore all its requests to me and so if a truly urgent one came along, I wouldn't notice it. You're hurting your ability to collect data using this "utmost urgent request" system by not fixing this problem.

Also, you just have to give me a way to stop making Bumblebee stop asking for discs. Both for The DaVinci Code that I only stuck in when I rented it and will never have again, and for the two discs of Firefly which I can stick but it doesn't ever satisfy it. The fact that I expect it to put up requests I can't answer every time I scan a disc means I ignore all its requests to me and so if a truly urgent one came along, I wouldn't notice it. You're hurting your ability to collect data using this "utmost urgent request" system by not fixing this problem.
Find your Bumblebee.MediaSeen.reg file (usually in your Documents or My Documents directory) and edit it using Notepad. (From Explorer, right-click & choose Edit.) Find the lines--possibly more than two--with the names & ASINs it's asking for, delete those lines & save the file.

Bumblebee tracks discs using a hash value (the first value in each line of the MediaSeen file), not names or ASINs. Any change in how AnyDVD HD sees the disc can change this value; this can include some user settings (BD-Live, region coding, etc.) as well as improved cracks. Also, sometimes the hash value for two different discs can be the same; my MediaSeen file still has an entry for Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li (which I've never owned OR rented) because it once had the same hash value as Obsessed (which I do own).

Your hash values match a disc SlySoft is looking for, but you can't help them. For DaVinci Code, the reason is obvious; if you don't wanna rent it again, just delete it from the MediaSeen file. For the other one, either there's a hash-value match or SlySoft has the wrong information. (Did you insert 300? Does it come up as Firefly?)

Your hash values match a disc SlySoft is looking for, but you can't help them. For DaVinci Code, the reason is obvious; if you don't wanna rent it again, just delete it from the MediaSeen file. For the other one, either there's a hash-value match or SlySoft has the wrong information. (Did you insert 300? Does it come up as Firefly?)

I've never inserted 300 on Blu-ray into my computer. Back when I rented it I didn't own a Blu-ray drive for my computer. I still think that's just a database error, when it asks for Firefly disc 2 it gets the ASIN and name correct, just Firefly disc 3 has 300's ASIN but it's own name.

just delete it from the MediaSeen file

and you forgot the other part... Never insert the disc into your machine again. Because then it'll start asking again. It's rather distressing that in order to do volunteer help to Slysoft, I have to not use my own discs for the purpose I bought them for. Bumblebee would do well to have a "stop telling me about this disc" button, so I can both use my own discs and still help slysoft where I can.

Well, I guess I don't have to worry much now. Somehow between accidentally double clicking that file and editing it and some other tomfoolery I've accidentally deleted most of the contents of that file, and even bringing an old one from a backup doesn't work, bumblebee keeps writing a nearly empty file over it each time I put in a new disc. So my problems are over until I want to watch Firefly again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back