• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Bumblebee - High Definition Media Gatherer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumble finally stopped asking for True Blood D2, instead it has taken up a new habit.. it keeps asking for D2+3 of Firefly

Same here, and if I give it Firefly D2, it'll ask about D3, and vice versa.

I haven't even dared telling the new Bumblebee (1.1.5.0) that I have True Blood D2 yet...it did the same for the previous version

While I'm happy to help out, running bumblebee in the background should not be a daily annoyance. I would expect a quick fix to this one.

Agreed :bang:

And another nitpick, would it be impossible for Bumble bee to add entered Disc's "Set" information in it's drop down, rather than keeping the 4 it have hardcoded, at least within the running session.
Same for ASIN keys. it would make our task easier with multi disc sets/box sets/series.
Also if we insert a disc with D1, D2 etc in it's title, and fill in the "Set" line, could BB then take that number and put it in "Disc".
These suggestions are not that tough, and while they are nitpicks, it will help us help you 8)

Lions for Lambs removed itself after I inserted a couple more times, and now I'm being asked for The Da Vinci Code and Taken after I have put them in and had the information sent to bumblebee. I can go into the registry and remove them, but that sort of defeats the purpose of getting you the information that you need when/if you really need it. The other discs I was asked for went away after I inserted them once and transferred the information.

I keep being asked to insert 'Resident Evil - Extinction' US version as a critical disc, it scans then asks me for it again. I've already tried deleting the reg key then rescanning, but it just keeps asking me for the same disc

Now that the last sentiment to keep bumblebee running, is gone (Automatic update b0rked on 2 latest beta releases), uninstalling bumblebee seems to be the only option

Now that the last sentiment to keep bumblebee running, is gone (Automatic update b0rked on 2 latest beta releases), uninstalling bumblebee seems to be the only option

Must be just you as my updates still work fine thru it and apart from the 1 film which I can ignore it still works fine

Must be just you as my updates still work fine thru it and apart from the 1 film which I can ignore it still works fine
BB has borked on the last couple of AnyDvd updates for me as well (I agree to the download, nothing happens).

Media requests are working normally.

Last edited:
Not much I can say really, my updates are still working (as of yesterday)

We're experiencing some technical difficulties. Nothing to worry, but the Bee is offline for a few minutes.

I was hoping that my contributions would be useful, but now I find that, despite my best efforts, I was filling out some things incorrectly. Whenever Bumblebee nagged me about something it didn't like, it would instruct me to read the submission guidelines and linked me to a restricted forum that I could not view!

Anyway, I believe the move "EXPELLED: No Intelligence Allowed" is one that trips up Bumblebee.

I rented it through Netflix and created a rip (with protections intact) so I plug in the details and submit through Bumblebee before deleting it.

The volume ID was automatically detected as "EXPELLED". Bumblebee didn't like the fact that the title was all upper-case in the unlabeled box at the top of the form. I thought it needed to know the actual volume label, and wondered why it was scolding me as if I had entered it manually. I used the "#" and submitted "#EXPELLED".

Should I have included the full title? The full title of the movie is: "EXPELLED: No Intelligence Allowed". I did mention that in the comments section. On the movie posters and the front of the movie package, the word "EXPELLED" is all upper-case. Amazon's description shows proper capitalization ("Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed").

I read many posts in this thread and saw someone instruct another to type "Pirates of the Caribbean Curse of the Black Pearl", with nothing separating the main title from the sub-title. Is that really how it should be done?

Also, the Amazon link didn't take me directly to the movie page. Instead, it took me to a page with one search result, which was the correct movie page.

Even though Bumblebee wanted me to submit updated info, it would not allow me to click "OK" because the button was disabled unless I completely cleared the "Checked on amazon" check box. I *did* check Amazon, but it makes me wonder if my submitted info will be de-emphasized because I had to lie and say I didn't check the info...?

Even though I didn't correct the title to show the full title and just submitted "#EXPELLED", here is what I included in the comments:

Full title: "Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed"

Received through Netflix online / mail movie rental service. For this movie specifically, a glitch in Bumblebee will not allow me to click "OK" to submit information unless I completely clear the "Yes, I checked on amazon" check box. Also, the media title was automatically detected as "EXPELLED", but Bumblebee tells me I need to prepend it with "#" and that I shouldn't have entered it manually, even though I did not.

UPDATE
I looked up the correct ASIN and filled-in the blanks, then attempted to re-submit more than once...but the registry entry would not update to show that I had updated the title and filled in the ASIN. I had to restart Bumblebee and resubmit again before it actually updated the registry values.

Last edited:
You should really only be using it on disc you actually own as it may come back in the future and ask you to reinsert the disc so it can gather more information about that disc.

For the title it should have been

Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed

ASIN B001D2WUAC

the tick box has 3 states, the starting state, then you untick it then retick it and it then should allow you to send

Last edited:
You should really only be using it on disc you actually own as it may come back in the future and ask you to reinsert the disc so it can gather more information about that disc.

For the title it should have been

Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed

ASIN B001D2WUAC

the tick box has 3 states, the starting state, then you untick it then retick it and it then should allow you to send

In this case, Bumblebee really wanted me to submit something...so I thought I should try to provide whatever I could.

I know about the three states, but I think it wouldn't allow me to send with any state except completely cleared because there was no ASIN info nor UPC entered. When I entered the updated title ("EXPELLED: No Intelligence Allowed"), I made sure to manually enter the ASIN now that I know what it is and how to find it. It finally allowed me to submit while the box was checked.

Bumblebee doesn't know you're using a rental, but the comment still stands that unless you own the disc you shouldn't run it through otherwise you may get asked for information later that you can't provide as you don't have the disc, and without the ASIN box filled it doesn't like things being submitted

I'm not sure I agree, Adbear. Yes, it's better to run the Bee on titles you own, but, I would think that doing so on a rental would provide more information than not. What some people do is remove it from the registry after they return it. No more request for information, but, at least the title is now on the radar in that case if more info is needed.

I run all rentals I get through Bumblebee. I do not copy them (ANY of them), so if it asks for it again I cannot provide it and I have to I have go to into regedit to remove it, which is a pain.

But I still think I'm helping out on the whole.

I wish I could just say "I don't have that disc anymore", which could happen even if you own it if you scratch it or your wife gets custody of the Blu-rays in the divorce settlement.

I'll add this feature but am kinda busy right now.

I gave my wife all the DVD's of the BD's and HD DVD's I bought in our separation. Yes, it sucks.

I really feel for you guys. I have a good friend going through a divorce right now and it is definitely not pretty. Luckily, they don't have kids, but even still it's like war of the roses.

I know it's not cool to have backups of movies you don't have the plastic for, but with everything involved in going through a divorce, i think the community can make an exception in this case:eek:

I really feel for you guys. I have a good friend going through a divorce right now and it is definitely not pretty. Luckily, they don't have kids, but even still it's like war of the roses.

I know it's not cool to have backups of movies you don't have the plastic for, but with everything involved in going through a divorce, i think the community can make an exception in this case:eek:

No, we just separated the movies that I owned both on DVD and HD DVD/BD. The rest we share. In fact she has my Indiana Jones collection right now. :bang: Need to get that back. It's a pain but that's life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back