• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Bumblebee - High Definition Media Gatherer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a problem with Blu-Ray: The Bourne Supremacy (813B0A0622BCEB7B, DE - The Bourne Supremacy, Disc: 2 [B001PMFP0W]) >> I have inserted the similar Blu-Ray disc from my collection but nothing happens and the message keeps comming back.

The 2nd problem is with HD-DVD: Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone (E68376CA3AB81B06, GB - Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone [HD-DVD] [B000X6R9OQ]) >> I never inserted this HD-DVD or have this HD-DVD in my collection. So how is this possible. However it is listed in the Bumblebee.MediaSeen.reg file

Is this a possible bug or an input error in the system of Bumblebee?

It would seem that Bumblebee messed up a few entries, I had the same with 1 of mine thinking I had American Psycho when I don't, just go into the registry and remove the entry for that movie so it stops asking for it
HKCU\Software\Slysoft\Bumblebee\Seen

Not that its a huge deal but my HDD just died and while I do have everything backed up what I dont is my Bumblebee list. Is that something that Sly keeps track of? Is it something that can be sent to me? I'd rather not redo my whole 60-75 title collection.

Nope, they do not keep any individual list. They have a list of ALL titles that have been scanned, but, trust me when I say that's pretty big at this point. :)

It would seem that Bumblebee messed up a few entries, I had the same with 1 of mine thinking I had American Psycho when I don't, just go into the registry and remove the entry for that movie so it stops asking for it
HKCU\Software\Slysoft\Bumblebee\Seen

Thanx. That worked.

bumblebee 1.1.1.3 bug report

Was entering info for a BD (since it asked). I picked "disc 1". Bumblebee got kinda annoyed at this, it somehow knew I was entering disc 1 for a title that only had one disc and entering disc 1 of 1 is not useful information (if you say so, I always appreciate this info when it comes down from CDDB). But anyway, it offered to send me to a page to help me figure out how to send accurate info, and it sent me to

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=24918

Which apparently doesn't exist since I don't have permission to access it. So the URL should be corrected.

Also, there is no label by the top text editing field, I presume that's where you enter the title, but that's just a guess. If you want people to enter accurate info, best to label that field with what you want people to put there.

Was entering info for a BD (since it asked). I picked "disc 1". Bumblebee got kinda annoyed at this, it somehow knew I was entering disc 1 for a title that only had one disc and entering disc 1 of 1 is not useful information (if you say so, I always appreciate this info when it comes down from CDDB). But anyway, it offered to send me to a page to help me figure out how to send accurate info, and it sent me to

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=24918

Which apparently doesn't exist since I don't have permission to access it. So the URL should be corrected.

Also, there is no label by the top text editing field, I presume that's where you enter the title, but that's just a guess. If you want people to enter accurate info, best to label that field with what you want people to put there.
If it is a single disc, do not put Disc 1 in that area (Disc numbers are only for multiple disc sets).
If it is a multiple disc set and it refuses to accept Disc 1 then enter # in front of the Disc number as follows
#Disc 1
Then the Bee will know that it is actually a multiple disc set.

Here is a recap of what the fields are for and how to use them:

The top text editing field is indeed for the movie title (the release title, not whatever the disc volume id might be). For example, Mission Impossible III would be entered there, even though the disc volume id is MI1D1 - take the real title from Amazon and remove Year, "Director's Cut" and any other kind of bloated title enhancement. Just the movie title is needed.

Set is only used for a few specifically identified sets or season numbers (e.g. of a TV show).

Origin is the region where the disc was sold (e.g. if you live in the UK but import a disc from the US, region will be US).

ASIN is the number used by Amazon to identify the disc - make sure you go to the Amazon site in the region where the disc was purchased, as the Bee will simply direct you to your local Amazon site when you click on the "Amazon" link (which may not have the correct ASIN).

Comments area is only necessary if there was an error in a previous submission and you are correcting it - in which case enter Fixed in that field.

Last edited:
Regarding ASIN, how are we supposed to proceed with titles that are not sold by any Amazon website?

There are lots of European editions for which this info is nowhere to be found... :confused:

Regarding ASIN, how are we supposed to proceed with titles that are not sold by any Amazon website?

There are lots of European editions for which this info is nowhere to be found... :confused:

As has been said before, you put the UPC code in instead.

Cannot handle these unprotected HD-DVD's?

- Sixteen Blocks
- Reservoir Dogs

Both are released in Netherlands by DFW; they obviously decided to cut costs by not paying AACS licenses. As a result, these discs are unprotected. And lo and behold, the Bee refuses to handle them even though AnyDVD and PowerDVD are happy with both.

Tree output attached.

Attachments

• HDDVD_Structure_16Blocks.txt
    1,007 bytes · Views: 5
  • HDDVD_Structure_ReservoirDogs.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 1
As far as I'm aware Bumblebee won't scan unprotected discs

As far as I'm aware Bumblebee won't scan unprotected discs
Isn't this a bug Fernando should be working to fix? Surely he wants to make sure SlyPlayer can play unprotected discs too, even if the demise of HD DVD means there won't be too many of them. :doh:

Surely he wants to make sure SlyPlayer can play unprotected discs too, even if the demise of HD DVD means there won't be too many of them. :doh:

It will. At least the first versions of SlyPlayer will only play unprotected discs.

Isn't this a bug Fernando should be working to fix? Surely he wants to make sure SlyPlayer can play unprotected discs too, even if the demise of HD DVD means there won't be too many of them. :doh:
The Bumblebee testing is not for Slyplayer it's intended for CloneBD, and at the moment he's after information from original discs and the best way to make sure they're originals and not copies is to only allow it to scan information from AACS protected discs, otherwise the system could get inundated with back up copies of films which have been tweaked

It will. At least the first versions of SlyPlayer will only play unprotected discs.
Well, I'd expect that. SlyPlayer was announced as freeware; but where's the money in that? Obvious: To play protected BDs & HDs with SlyPlayer, you'll need AnyDVD HD. :D

My point was that SlyPlayer would be expected to play the unprotected discs just as much as the protected ones, so you'd want to test them too. But then if Adbear is right & it's more for CloneBD, it's obvious why you don't need unprotected discs...

Bumblebee thinks Point Break is critical

It says Fernando says it is top priority and it constantly reminds me to insert it.

It even does so when Point Break is currently in the drive!

It obviously has its brain scrambled.

It might be related to me removing one of the seen discs from the registry while Bumblebee was running. I didn't think about quitting it first, and I may be in trouble now. I removed one of the seen discs since I always insert my rental discs so that I can upload the hashes to slysoft's database. But I no longer have the disc, so I cannot reinsert it. So I removed it.

I tried quitting Bumblebee and restarting it, that didn't fix the issue.

Now what do I do to make bumblebee stop asking me to insert Point Break over and over? I guess I could remove it from seen and then never reinsert it again. But is there a better fix?

Well, after a couple days of frustration, I just deleted the reg key for Point Break from the bumblebee list, being sure to quit bumblebee before doing so. It stopped asking, hopefully this will be the end of it.

I keep getting asked for "Lions for Lambs" even after I put it in.

Bumble finally stopped asking for True Blood D2, instead it has taken up a new habit.. it keeps asking for D2+3 of Firefly

While I'm happy to help out, running bumblebee in the background should not be a daily annoyance. I would expect a quick fix to this one.

I gave up and shut it down. Bumblebee started cratering while sending info on every disk. It would hang on 2 of 4 or 3 of 6, etc., and just freeze with a warning message to check the firewall which is rediculous because it just sent the first two or three requests. I would press retry and it would instantly freeze again. It was freezing on both original disks and VCD disks as well as continually asking for True Blood Season 1 Disk 2 and not doing anything when I put the disk in the blu-ray drive. I really like the update feature which notified me of updates to ANYDVD HD and VCD, but it's not worth the continual annoyance and non functioning transferring data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back