• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Bumblebee - High Definition Media Gatherer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fernando

Redfox Development Team
THIS SOFTWARE IS ONLY FOR EXPERIENCED CUSTOMERS AND FANS OF SLYSOFT WHO WOULD SPEND SOME TIME TO HELP US.

---

SlySoft releases a new tool that helps us improve future SlySoft programs and therefore improve your experience with blu-ray media.

As you can image there are a lot of blu-rays available and each day new media are released. This amount of media is too much for a couple of developers so we ask the community to help us collect information from these discs. All you have to do is download the program, start it and let it process your blu-rays. Plus provide a little bit of your upload capacity.

If you are interested this is how you can participate. First you download the attached file, open the archive and execute the file Bumblebee.exe right away. It automatically installs on your system (%APPDATA%\SlySoft\bumblebee.exe) Now you start AnyDVD (if not already running) and insert a blu-ray media, wait for Bumblebee to identify the media and to ask you a few questions. Allow Bumblebee to transmit data and you're done.

Thank you for your support.

http://static.slysoft.com/bumblebee.exe

List of all media to speed up scanning attached.

---

Some couple of notes. Data transmission is completely anonymous. There is no personal information transmitted ever, no SlySoft server/employee is aware of discs you own at any time. 2 people having the same disc transmit bit-identical data. If you want to remove Bumblebee without a trace, remove the file Bumblebee.exe in your "Application Data\SlySoft" folder and remove the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SlySoft\Bumblebee - that's all. There's no real support for this tool unless in this thread. Nonetheless our support team won't let you down.

Attachments

• media.zip
    30.7 KB · Views: 444
Last edited:
I need these information for CloneBD, SlyPlayer, ...

It's similar to the AnyDVD log file but without the whole generate log, post log actions.

I am sure there will be plenty to assist you on the future development of this product. Thanks for making a alpha public testing. :)

Yes, I forgot. This tools was used by our alpha testers for a couple of months now. Now I made this tool public.

All Blu-ray, HD-DVD discs you have. And all discs of a set/season. BD+ is not important, that's an AnyDVD issue. This tool is for SlyPlayer, CloneBD.

What informations from the disc will be gathered?

Do you only need BD+Protected Blurays or any Bluray?

The Planet Earth series has 5 Blurays, all containing nearly the same. Is one of them sufficient?

This is not about protection, DRM, ...
This is about data formats, codecs, demuxing, menus, ....

Will mounting an ISO give you the same info? All my BD's and HDDVD's have been ripped, and it is a lot easier to mount ISO's (I have 85 BD's and 35 HDDVD's) than to hassle with all the jewel boxes. Is there a way to just do a batch scan of all my ISO's? I have each disc of each movie ripped into a separate folder. Made working with My Movies easier (at least for me).
Thanks
Mike

Glad to see you will be supporting HDDVD in slyplayer - that is why I am using TMT at the moment.
All Blu-ray, HD-DVD discs you have. And all discs of a set/season. BD+ is not important, that's an AnyDVD issue. This tool is for SlyPlayer, CloneBD.

You can use .iso as well but they must still have encryption - in other words, AnyDVD must decrypt the .iso

As couple usage notes:

If you insert a disk and after scanning it the details are displayed (correctly) then you are done. That means the disk in already in the "Bee hive". If it is not then it will ask you to fill out some info.

Sometimes Bumblebee will pop up asking you to insert a disk you have done in the past because it wants to either get some more data or verify some.

The registry key is backed up to your documents directory. Don't forget to back it up when you redo your system :)

Fernando - maybe it would be a good idea to go over the proper naming conventions etc as I am not sure I remember them all.

Will mounting an ISO give you the same info? All my BD's and HDDVD's have been ripped, and it is a lot easier to mount ISO's (I have 85 BD's and 35 HDDVD's) than to hassle with all the jewel boxes. Is there a way to just do a batch scan of all my ISO's? I have each disc of each movie ripped into a separate folder. Made working with My Movies easier (at least for me).
Thanks
Mike

Glad to see you will be supporting HDDVD in slyplayer - that is why I am using TMT at the moment.

I'm in this same situation. I'm happy to help and will install this when I get home tonight, but all my media is most easily accessible as ISO (short of me hitting the basement and unboxing the originals! Doh :)) If a mounted ISO is useable for this, and any possibiliy exists for a batch processing option, I'd be interested in trying it out. My library is about 30 HD-DVD and around 200 BD ISOs +/-.

If a batch option isn't feasible but mounted ISOs can provide the same data, I will contribute when I am able.

EDIT: My ISOs are all original encrypted images--just saw Fernando's response.

Last edited:
Good idea. I give some examples.

Title: That's the title of the movie. As simple, plain as possible. Like you find it in TV Guide.

Set/Season: Only use this field if you have a set or season. Otherwise leave it empty.

Disc: Only use this field if you have a main movie and bonus disc, this is a set with multiple discs, or a season. Otherwise leave it empty.

Origin: That's where the disc is sold. e.g. you live in Spain and bought the blu-ray at amazon.co.uk the origin is UK. Not Spain, not US. I need to know in what region the blu-ray is intended to get sold.

Example:

Title: "Pineapple Express" Set: <empty> Disc: <empty> Origin: US ASIN: B001J9KJ2U
Title: "Dexter" Set: "Season One" Disc: 1 Origin: UK ASIN: ...
Title: "Die Hard 2" Set: "The Ultimate Collection" Disc: 2 Origin: US ASIN: B000YGDNPO <-- I gave you this example in case you bought this set. You don't know if the single movie has the identical disc, might be a different one.

Last edited:
"Explain This" button for the title (e.g. when the title is "300") says I don't have access to the page.

Yes, you are right. The link is a thread of the privileged Alpha Tester Group.

do you have to have the latest beta installed or the latest stable version?

Default to "Allow"

Any way to get a "always allow" to the send information?

reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SlySoft\Bumblebee /v AutoAllow /t REG_DWORD /d 1

But beware: Setting this value allows Bumblebee to connect to the SlySoft server at any time without notification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back