• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Bumblebee - High Definition Media Gatherer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got the UK "Dark Knight" 2 disc set. Bumblebee thinks that disc 1 is from Germany and disc 2 is from the US:

"A2AB4EA6F4876095"="DE - The Dark Knight (2 Discs) [B001CEE1WG]"
"04B1A63712F355E7"="A - The Dark Knight, Disc: Bonus [B001CEE1WG]"

I've tried correcting it but the above is from the registry file so I'm not sure if anything got sent back.

--Philip

I've also tried correcting the ASIN for my US copy of Wanted but the registry file shows the original ASIN:

"AB7982B31E57DA2E"="A - Wanted [B001GKJ2DE]"

whereas my copy is B001GKJ2FC.

--Philip

So the Limited Edition (B001GKJ2DE) and Generic Edition (B001GKJ2FC) have the bit-identical disc.

I've got the UK "Dark Knight" 2 disc set. Bumblebee thinks that disc 1 is from Germany and disc 2 is from the US:

"A2AB4EA6F4876095"="DE - The Dark Knight (2 Discs) [B001CEE1WG]"
"04B1A63712F355E7"="A - The Dark Knight, Disc: Bonus [B001CEE1WG]"

I've tried correcting it but the above is from the registry file so I'm not sure if anything got sent back.

--Philip

All information is weighted, it's possible that the same disc is sold in the US, UK and Germany.

BumbleeBee for non-BD users

Would it be in the best interest for Slysoft to creat a program similar to Bumblebee (got bored and searched it today) for standard dvds to send info back to slysoft for information? Or possibly just for disks containing structural protection or new protection that currently isnt recognized? Just a thought for those of us who're willing to try and help with any sort of development in the works for additional Slysoft programs. :)

No need. DVD structure is simple and AnyDVD.log contains all the required information. HD-DVD/Blu-ray media on the other hand might create log files >100 MB so it's not that easy to transmit.

How do you correct completely inaccurate data in the Bumblebee database? When I inserted The Pink Panther (2006) [B001KEHAHQ], it scanned the disc without even giving me the option to enter data; but at the end, it told me my disc was Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li [B001NPD9PE]. Though I changed it in the Identify window afterwards (and so far it's held), it didn't send an update, and the incorrect name & ASIN are still in the registry. The key is 2F6079E2759BC6FD. Can this be fixed?

(Edit: I did read thru the entire thread. One post claimed a "voting system" was used to deal with inaccurate data; but "voting systems" that do NOT allow you to cast votes simply don't work.)

Last edited:
How do you correct completely inaccurate data in the Bumblebee database? When I inserted The Pink Panther (2006) [B001KEHAHQ], it scanned the disc without even giving me the option to enter data; but at the end, it told me my disc was Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li [B001NPD9PE]. Though I changed it in the Identify window afterwards (and so far it's held), it didn't send an update, and the incorrect name & ASIN are still in the registry. The key is 2F6079E2759BC6FD. Can this be fixed?

(Edit: I did read thru the entire thread. One post claimed a "voting system" was used to deal with inaccurate data; but "voting systems" that do NOT allow you to cast votes simply don't work.)
If you are comfortable modifying the registry (make a registry backup or System Restore point first), exit Bumblebee and then go into HKCU\Software\Slysoft\Bumbleebee\Seen and delete the incorrect entry for Street Fighter.

Then restart Bumblebee and reinsert Pink Panther.

Your vote is cast every time you identify the disc, but you have to remove the (known) invalid entry first.

Repeat as necessary - eventually your "votes" will outweigh the wrong one (unless there is a problem with the disc - some studios have re-used keys even though they are not supposed to).

"Pink Panther", "Street Fighter" and "Twelve Rounds" are another set of cheap-but-illegal-let's-reuse-the-keys. Bumblebee now distinguishes them and you will see the correct title. This behavior caused some problems on older discs.

Let's say Alice owns "Pink Panther" and enters the information. Now Bob owns "Street Fighter" but sees it identified as "Pink Panther" - he thinks odd, corrects the title and now Bumblebee switches the title from "Pink Panther" to "Street Fighter" for all people, including Alice. Now "Street Fighter" is written into her registry and she gets requests for "Street Fighter" though she doesn't have the disc.

This behavior is now gone, it doesn't happen anymore FOR NEW DISCS.

Hi Fernando - what discs do you still need in the "Bumblebee - Media Request" thread?

"Pink Panther", "Street Fighter" and "Twelve Rounds" are another set of cheap-but-illegal-let's-reuse-the-keys. Bumblebee now distinguishes them and you will see the correct title. This behavior caused some problems on older discs.

Let's say Alice owns "Pink Panther" and enters the information. Now Bob owns "Street Fighter" but sees it identified as "Pink Panther" - he thinks odd, corrects the title and now Bumblebee switches the title from "Pink Panther" to "Street Fighter" for all people, including Alice. Now "Street Fighter" is written into her registry and she gets requests for "Street Fighter" though she doesn't have the disc.

This behavior is now gone, it doesn't happen anymore FOR NEW DISCS.
And if you delete the invalid key from the registry hive (as profcolli said), it will work for older discs as well. Once I deleted the Street Fighter key, Pink Panther took as it was supposed to.

Was this change made between versions 1.1.1.1 & 1.1.1.2? I had some other discs that created two registry keys, which caused some problems; they were solved by deleting both keys and re-loading them.

And if you delete the invalid key from the registry hive (as profcolli said), it will work for older discs as well. Once I deleted the Street Fighter key, Pink Panther took as it was supposed to.

Was this change made between versions 1.1.1.1 & 1.1.1.2? I had some other discs that created two registry keys, which caused some problems; they were solved by deleting both keys and re-loading them.
This problem has always been able to be fixed by deleting the (incorrect) registry key in HKCU\Software\Slysoft\Bumblebee\Seen - not everyone is comfortable editing the registry, however (with good reason if you are not really sure what it is).

1.1.1.2 presumably has new code to work around the (against AACS specs) re-used keys, so it should not happen for new discs, as Fernando stated a couple of posts back.

Last edited:
1.1.1.2 presumably has new code to work around the (against AACS specs) re-used keys, so it should not happen for new discs, as Fernando stated a couple of posts back.
I figured from my "double-key" problem that the change occurred between 1.1.1.1 and 1.1.1.2. I initially downloaded 1.1.1.1, then loaded all my BDs; by the time I got the "media request" message, it had updated to 1.1.1.2.

From that, I assume it was a byproduct of Fernando's fix; since the original (1.1.1.1) keys weren't confirmed before the update, 1.1.1.2 created new keys. However, Fernando has seen the source code; you & I haven't. Thus, my question was more aimed at Fernando.

bee does nothing when hd-dvd inserted

i've tried several ver. to see if there was a change i have the 360 add on drive and when i insert any disk (hd-dvd's) eg.goodfellas isbn 1-4198-3180-1,superman 2 richard donner cut isbn 1-4198-3253-0,full metal jacket isbn 1-4198-6313-4. i have xp with anydvdhd 6564 & bumblebee 1112 running when i insert the the disk in the drive the fox does it's thing as shown below.so i'm pretty sure that's not the issue with it.

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.5.6.4)
TOSHIBA DVD/HDX807616 MC08 10/03/06
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a HD DVD.
Booktype: hd-dvd (version 3), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 5928576 sectors (11579 MBytes)
Total size: 11411296 sectors (22287 MBytes)
Video HD DVD label: GOODFELLAS_HDDVD
Media is AACS protected!
Modified DISCID.DAT!
Removed AACS copy protection!

but the bee doesn't do anything at all if i right click the tray icon for the bee the "g" drive is no longer shown in selections and i dont think it's gathering any info for you so my question is how would i know if it's working properly as i have several of the requested hd-dvd's and would like to help if at all possible. any info on this would be appreciated greatly.

thx

ps can post logs if needed

i've tried several ver. to see if there was a change i have the 360 add on drive and when i insert any disk (hd-dvd's) eg.goodfellas isbn 1-4198-3180-1,superman 2 richard donner cut isbn 1-4198-3253-0,full metal jacket isbn 1-4198-6313-4. i have xp with anydvdhd 6564 & bumblebee 1112 running when i insert the the disk in the drive the fox does it's thing as shown below.so i'm pretty sure that's not the issue with it.

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.5.6.4)
TOSHIBA DVD/HDX807616 MC08 10/03/06
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a HD DVD.
Booktype: hd-dvd (version 3), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 5928576 sectors (11579 MBytes)
Total size: 11411296 sectors (22287 MBytes)
Video HD DVD label: GOODFELLAS_HDDVD
Media is AACS protected!
Modified DISCID.DAT!
Removed AACS copy protection!

but the bee doesn't do anything at all if i right click the tray icon for the bee the "g" drive is no longer shown in selections and i dont think it's gathering any info for you so my question is how would i know if it's working properly as i have several of the requested hd-dvd's and would like to help if at all possible. any info on this would be appreciated greatly.

thx

ps can post logs if needed
(a) Did the G-drive appear in the right-click list at all? If so, did you select it?
(b) The latest AnyDVD HD update is 6.5.6.6. Try installing it.
(c) If those don't fix it, post the log.

(a1) yes g drive appears and says (no media) & does have a check by it and the bee is enabled
(a2) when i insert disk it is no longer listed
(b) update makes no difference
(c) log attached

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.5.6.6_Info_G_GOODFELLAS_HDDVD.zip
    24.5 KB · Views: 2
For some reason, Bumblebee seems to be stuck in some kind of a loop. It asks me to put in the Mystery Men HD DVD I own (again) to gather more data, so I do so, it updates, sends data to Slysoft, but then shortly thereafter, it brings up that Media Request window and still shows the same disc I just put in and apparently sent data for. This is with 1.1.1.2 and 6.5.6.6.

Edit: Oh and another thing. The link to Amazon shouldn't be searching for "HD-DVD," but rather without the dash.. not that it makes a difference. Same thing with the "HD-DVD in drive" tooltop. :\

Edit 2: Wow, almost 4MB of data for the Dragonheart HD DVD. Wonder what it's sending. :p

Edit 3: Ahh, here's probably why that happens. I just checked Bumblebee.MediaSeen.reg and I noticed the same disc show up with different hashes (as seen below) now that I'm using a newer version of Bumblebee/AnyDVD HD. Guess I'll just redo them all.

"98EB88033B4A8A07"="A - Mystery Men [HD-DVD] [B000OHZL1M]"
"92A227E7981A17C5"="A - Dragonheart [HD-DVD] [B000O179F4]"
"C642B8C452794E1B"="A - Assault on Precinct 13 [HD-DVD] [B000FDDY28]"
"4E3DEFFF4A855CB5"="A - Mystery Men [HD-DVD] [B000OHZL1M]"
"B994974F78CD3C8C"="A - Dragonheart [HD-DVD] [B000O179F4]"
"FCA8338DA0BE5361"="A - Assault on Precinct 13 [HD-DVD] [B000FDDY28]"

Last edited:
For some reason, Bumblebee seems to be stuck in some kind of a loop. It asks me to put in the Mystery Men HD DVD I own (again) to gather more data, so I do so, it updates, sends data to Slysoft, but then shortly thereafter, it brings up that Media Request window and still shows the same disc I just put in and apparently sent data for. This is with 1.1.1.2 and 6.5.6.6.

Edit: Oh and another thing. The link to Amazon shouldn't be searching for "HD-DVD," but rather without the dash.. not that it makes a difference. Same thing with the "HD-DVD in drive" tooltop. :\

Edit 2: Wow, almost 4MB of data for the Dragonheart HD DVD. Wonder what it's sending. :p

Edit 3: Ahh, here's probably why that happens. I just checked Bumblebee.MediaSeen.reg and I noticed the same disc show up with different hashes (as seen below) now that I'm using a newer version of Bumblebee/AnyDVD HD. Guess I'll just redo them all.
I had the same problem; this appears to be a byproduct of the change to handle discs with reused AACS keys. It's normal for Bumblebee to request a rescan if SlySoft needs more information; but if it wasn't done before 1.1.1.2 on a disc affected by the change, the rescan will use the new hash and won't clear out the pre-1.1.1.2 rescan request.

Close Bumblebee, then open Regedit, go to HKCU\Software\Slysoft\Bumblebee\Seen and delete *both* duplicate keys for each disc. (There may be other methods that will work, but the surest way is to use Regedit and delete both keys.) Then reopen Bumblebee & rescan all the discs whose keys were deleted. You may have to do two rescans on some discs, but once that's done they should be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back