• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Bumblebee - High Definition Media Gatherer

Status
Not open for further replies.
media request "bug"

i keep getting a pop up telling me to reinsert media and i've have prolly 9 or 10 times over the last month i don't know for sure when it started but it does it every time i tell the bee to update i don't want to have to delete the reg entry for said movie because if you guys need the info i'm more than happy to help that's the least i can do for everything you do for us users and unlike " many other" software company's you don't charge us 1 cent for any of it and i thank you for that greatly.
The media is:

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.5.8.7)
TOSHIBA DVD/HDX807616 MC08 10/03/06
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a HD DVD.
Booktype: hd-dvd (version 3), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 5928576 sectors (11579 MBytes)
Total size: 11411296 sectors (22287 MBytes)
Video HD DVD label: GOODFELLAS_HDDVD
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 1
Modified DISCID.DAT!
Removed AACS copy protection!

from pop up:
A-Goodfellas [HD-DVD] [B000E5KJES]
i have checked it on amazon and it's correct and i have ticked that box it says it is hiving then it shows media in drive with name of media. please look into this if possible thanks

EDIT:
I finally decided to remove this one from the "seen" and after i restarted BB it asked me to insert said disk some how it put it back on "seen" so i closed BB again and deleted the entry again opened BB updated it and it didn't ask me for it this time.Fernando should i let BB scan it again to see if it does this again or not

Last edited:
Bumblebee has "Upload" option grayed out.

I returned from vacation recently and tried to complete scanning my collection. I put in a disc and Bumblebee briefly prompted me to provide info, then interrupted itself with a notice about updating AnyDVD HD. After everything was updated, Bumblebee wouldn't allow me to bring up the dialog to enter / update information. The "Identify" option is not clickable when I right-click the tray icon. I tried several other BDs and noticed they weren't even getting added to the registry under /SlySoft/Bumblebee/Seen. I tried restarting Bumblebee, restarting my computer, removing and re-inserting the disc...but nothing worked.

The pop-up info for the tray icon identified the version as Bumblebee 1.1.5.0

I have been running it directly from my "Downloads" directory in Windows 7. I went back to the first page of this thread to see if there was a newer version. I saw that Bumblebee somehow copies itself to %APPDATA%\SlySoft\bumblebee.exe

I ran that one and saw that it was an OLDER version (1.0.[something])...but it allowed me to access the "Identify" screen and add / update info.

I closed out of it and went back to 1.1.5.0 and found that it's working now. For some reason, I always have to approve of collecting / transmitting data multiple times...one after the other.

Anyway, I tried "Changeling" and Bumblebee keeps identifying it as "Docteur Strange" for some reason with the wrong ASIN. I followed the clickable "amazon" link and Amazon says the search could not find any items...but I had no trouble finding the exact product when searching with the same terms manually. I corrected the ASIN in Bumblebee and submitted.

Bumblebee did not correct the registry information on my computer and shows the incorrect info every time I insert the movie. I closed Bumblebee and tried manually editing the registry value with the correct title and ASIN. I launch Bumblebee and it re-writes that key with the incorrect title / ASIN again.

I want to get this corrected before I move on to other movies in my collection. Am I using the most current version of Bumblebee?

Even if I 1) Close Bumblebee, 2) remove the disc, 3) Fix the registry value (as shown in the attached screenshots), and 4) re-launch Bumblebee...it still re-writes the registry key with incorrect info when it's automatically "Hive-ing." Gah! I don't want to remove the entry from my registry, because I want to make sure the database is corrected.

Is this demonstrating a problem with the main database? What should I do about it?

Edit: It sees "Changeling" as "Docteur Strange" ...not "Docteur Strangeglove."

Attachments

• bumblebee_changeling_registry_incorrect.jpg
    bumblebee_changeling_registry_incorrect.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 15
  • bumblebee_changeling_registry_modified.jpg
    bumblebee_changeling_registry_modified.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that I just entered some wrong info.

I had the "X-Men Origins:Wolverine" disc from Netflix (of course, this was the US release). And it asked me for info about it. I kinda thought that was odd since it had been out a while. How come no one else had entered it?

Well, I entered it anyway, searching something up on Amazon.

But as I did I, suspected the version I had was a rental special (do those exist for Blu-ray?) since it had no extras. Looking up the data for the retail release I'm even more sure of it, as the retail release has quite a few extras.

First of all: Sorry about that, entering wrong data.
Second of all: What should I do with discs like this in the future? They don't appear on Amazon because they aren't for sale.

I looked in the registry, and the name of the key for the disc is "385566B27DEADA15". The Amazon ASIN I entered (the wrong one it turns out) is B001GCUO16. Perhaps the key name is some kind of hash and you can use that to find the disc in your database and correct the data if necessary.

Last edited:
I believe Netflix has an agreement with the Studios to
allow them to make Blu-Ray Copies for Rental.

There is no agreement. I read an article on this recently. They're using a weird loophole in the law that says that the owner of a disc can do whatever they want with that physical disc as long as they aren't copying the content. So Netflix buys the discs retail (just like you or I would do) and then rents them out. The studios aren't overly happy with this arrangement because they aren't getting a big piece of the pie. Streaming, however, is where Netflix is going to end up coughing up the $$$ to the studios because they DO have to negotiate with the studios for licenses to do that. And Netflix is gung ho about moving in the streaming direction.

In addition to my previous problem with "Changeling" misidentified as "Docteur Strange," I still frequently encounter other problems. For instance, the "Identify..." option is frequently grayed out, even right after Bumblebee prompts me "urgently" to provide information. it frequently requests the movie "Taken" and tells me it's "urgent" and "critical", but doesn't seem to understand that I've left it inserted for days.

I'm using Win7 RC 64-bit. The firewall is completely disabled and there is no antivirus / security software to interfere. the system is clean (I would know if anything shows up that shouldn't be there.). For some reason, Bumblebee always asks me 2-3 times one after the other if I will allow it to gather/transmit information...and I always grant full access.

I have a huge BluRay collection to scan and I want to finish, but I don't know if Bumbleee is ever going to fix itself, or if the nagging will get worse when I continue.

I wonder if Bumblebee is confused because I usually mount ripped 1:1 images on Virtual Clone Drive in the same system with a real physical BD drive...?

Last edited:
No, Bumblebee doesn't get confused this way.

Some time ago, people send unprotected images to the server and due to a driver update Bumblebee missed them. I removed those images, this is mainly the reason for the "nagging". If you remove the "nagging" entries in the registry it should be fine.

You can add the value AutoAllow: DWORD(1) in the registry to bypass the permission request.

And currently I don't have the time to check for Bumblebee, so I just keep it running. I'll check the "Identify" in a few days.

I'm having some trouble with Bumblebee, it keeps requesting I insert these discs again:

A - Band of Brothers, Disc: 3 [B00129H7VS]
A - Taken [B001GCUNYO]

which I've tried several times, but they won't go away, and when I insert the discs it doesn't seem to do anything, and then requests it again the next time I insert a disc.

I'm also getting a lot of notices of "New" discs even though I've inserted them and scanned them before, and verified that they are in the registry.

in my "my documents folder" i've spotted a file called Bumblebee.MediaSeen.reg. Is there anyway to let bumblebee have a registry entry in wich it stores the media seen and not have a file located in that folder. I'm quite fond of keeping the "my documents" main folder rather clean and that file is kind of bugging me. Evenso it won't stop me from helping with BB if there's no fix to it

Last edited:
in my "my documents folder" i've spotted a file called Bumblebee.MediaSeen.reg. Is there anyway to let bumblebee have a registry entry in wich it stores the media seen and not have a file located in that folder. I'm quite fond of keeping the "my documents" main folder rather clean and that file is kind of bugging me. Evenso it won't stop me from helping with BB if there's no fix to it

The file has been requested by MANY people. The reason is if something happens to your machine, do you REALLY want to have to rescan every single title you have? Hint, I've done so, it sucks. I backup my documents folder every night so having that file is a God send to a lot of us.

there probably are as you say a lot of ppl that like it that way, well maybe it would be a possibility for the bumblebee dev's to have some kind of selection in the rightclick menu on the traybar icon, to choose wether you would like it to store the viewed discs in a file or in the registry.

If in case of a file, maybe its a possibility of having bb store the file in the directory its located rather then in the "my documents" folder. Just a thought

There is no agreement. I read an article on this recently. They're using a weird loophole in the law that says that the owner of a disc can do whatever they want with that physical disc as long as they aren't copying the content. So Netflix buys the discs retail (just like you or I would do) and then rents them out. The studios aren't overly happy with this arrangement because they aren't getting a big piece of the pie. Streaming, however, is where Netflix is going to end up coughing up the $$$ to the studios because they DO have to negotiate with the studios for licenses to do that. And Netflix is gung ho about moving in the streaming direction.

I have to disagree. Time and time again I see Netflix movies come in with their name ON the disc. I've seen "Netflix version" kind of discs come my way from them. Last night I had Ice Age 3 and I could not find the extra's regarding Scrat (just trailers to other movies).

I have to disagree. Time and time again I see Netflix movies come in with their name ON the disc. I've seen "Netflix version" kind of discs come my way from them. Last night I had Ice Age 3 and I could not find the extra's regarding Scrat (just trailers to other movies).

http://www.businessweek.com/innovate/FineOnMedia/archives/2009/09/netflix_--_have.html

The deals they seem to have in place are no different than Walmart, Best Buy, etc. Some of the moronic studios have created so called "rental" versions lately that they sell exclusively to rental houses but those have been a flop and they are reported to stop doing that soon. Nonetheless the deals in place are just about purchasing the discs and apparently some kind of revenue sharing deal.

how do i uninstall bumble bee, it would not let me from it's location

i think bumblebee has stopped my 3 dvd drives from reconizing there is a disk in the drive

Try doing it from Control Panel - Add/Remove software.

-W

how do i uninstall media gather ( bumblee hive ) ?

i find it in my documents owner downloads but cannot delete it from there and it is nowhere to be find in control panel add remove programs, and it hive also says it cannot connnect to siysoft server to update or fully install

Last edited:
Uncheck the 'autostart' in the tooltray. Open:

C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\SlySoft\bumblebee.exe

And delete it.

If you want you can delete the info from the registry too:

Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SlySoft\Bumblebee\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back