• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Bumblebee - High Definition Media Gatherer

Status
Not open for further replies.
and you forgot the other part... Never insert the disc into your machine again. Because then it'll start asking again. It's rather distressing that in order to do volunteer help to Slysoft, I have to not use my own discs for the purpose I bought them for. Bumblebee would do well to have a "stop telling me about this disc" button, so I can both use my own discs and still help slysoft where I can.
You edited my quote and then misapplied it to Firefly. As the complete quote below shows, that line was specifically directed at DaVinci Code, *NOT* Firefly:
For DaVinci Code, the reason is obvious; if you don't wanna rent it again, just delete it from the MediaSeen file.
Since I expect you'll never rent DaVinci Code again, deleting it from the file takes care of that problem. (If you do rent it again, just ignore the "New media detected" balloon, or choose Deny so Bumblebee won't contact SlySoft about it.)

For Firefly, you SHOULD reinsert the disc(s) and let Bumblebee do its thing. If the wrong ASIN continues to come up, then while the disc's still in your drive right-click the bee and choose Identify, then change the ASIN.

i was getting the Firefly/300 error so often (even after having the disks scanned) that i had to disable Bumblebee...

I just got a BluRay Player & Burner. Do you still need more people to run BumbleBee? I have SlySoft AnyDVD HD.

I just got a BluRay Player & Burner. Do you still need more people to run BumbleBee? I have SlySoft AnyDVD HD.

Well, if you like you can still submit your discs. Slysoft will likely profit from unseen and new discs in their database.

But make sure you update bumblebee to Version 1.1.5.0 before you use it!
Also newest anyDVD version (bumblebee required newest beta version in the past!) is a requirement!

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

Is this program still needed? I just installed it, but then realized that it was a bit on the old side. If so, how do we know what movies they are looking for?

Is this program still needed? I just installed it, but then realized that it was a bit on the old side. If so, how do we know what movies they are looking for?

Yes it is definitely still needed for them because new movies come out all the time and with only a few developers working on the CloneBD, SlyPlayer products its hard to keep up with all of them. And what you're supposed to do is just insert all the blu ray discs that you have bought, let AnyDVD decrypt the disc and Bumblebee will send the info for you. Sometimes it will ask you questions about the disc. So there's no way to know for sure what movies they need just do all of them. Sharing is caring. :)

Is there any way of knowing which discs in particular they are looking for? I have hundreds, but honestly, I don't see myself going through every single one of them.

Ive scanned 11 discs and it seems 9 of them needed information... I was starting to think it was going to ask me for every single one...

so when a record comes back with all caps in the top user changeable field its a new entry at slysolfts side?

so far none have had the UPC code...

have about 115 to go 8)

Ive scanned 11 discs and it seems 9 of them needed information... I was starting to think it was going to ask me for every single one...

so when a record comes back with all caps in the top user changeable field its a new entry at slysolfts side?

so far none have had the UPC code...

have about 115 to go 8)
Yeah, it takes awhile when you start to load your BD collection--especially when they ask you to re-insert your discs for even more information. :D

Actually, when it asks you to enter information, that means SlySoft doesn't have enough entries agreeing with each other to make a definite determination. (I understand the server uses some sort of internal voting system to decide.) If enough entries agree, Bumblebee loads it for everyone else automatically upon first insertion.

IIRC, the UPC/EAN field is mainly for those countries that don't have Amazon sites. For countries with Amazon sites (U.S., Canada, UK, France, Germany, Japan & China), the ASIN (Amazon's catalog number) is one of the key fields in the Bumblebee database; for everywhere else, the GTIN (the proper term for the UPC/EAN number) is the key. Originally the UPC/EAN went in the ASIN field for non-Amazon countries, but that confused people so they made it a separate field. (SlySoft folks, if you want us entering UPC/EAN as well as ASIN, please let us know.)

Last edited:
I spent the evening scanning :D and about 50 discs did the full scan.

Hmmm I was entering both the UPC/EAN and ASIN and added the UPC to the ones that seemed to already be in the database... actually what I did was looked up the movie on amazon with the UPC code, and verified the ASIN..

quick question.....when i submit a blu ray disc with bumblebee do i get some kind of acknowledgement that the disc information has been received?...i submitted repo man, united states along with requested information last night....thanks....

Yeah just submit it, theres no way to really know if they have already gotten it or not. So just do all the ones ya got. :)

Should I install this if I am watching a lot of rented movies?

I notice some posts indicate it may ask for the disc again in the future, and well, if it was rented and returned then I no longer will have access to it. Also, for rented titles, I may be unsure if the disc was from a multi-disc collection or not (or perhaps it could be a rental-only version?)

Yeah I'm sure you can. You just won't be able to stick the disc back in if it asks for it again, obviously you will have to take it back at some point. But I don't see any reason why you couldn't install Bumblebee and use it for rented discs.

I'm having bluescreen issues with ElbyCDIO.sys whenever Bumblebee starts to scan a new disc. (The one time I caught the error message on the bluescreen, it was PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.) From my testing, this only occurs when (a) IE9 Beta is installed, (b) Yahoo! Messenger is running (both regular and plug-in screens appear to depend on IE for rendering), and (c) Bumblebee is beginning to scan a new disc.

It happened on two different discs today--American Beauty and Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue. Both played fine in TMT3, and AB also ripped to ISO successfully for a few minutes with the AnyDVD HD ripper before I cancelled it. The only workaround that allowed Bumblebee to scan these discs was to close Y! Messenger, then close & reopen Bumblebee (to get the "Media detected" bubble again).

I suspect Bumblebee is attempting to page part of Y! Messenger's memory out to the HDD, but IE9 has it locked down due to its use of GPU rendering, thus causing the bluescreen.

I'm not sure if you need the two discs' AnyDVD logs, Windows crash logs from the bluescreens, or something else.

I'm also getting a blue screen of death via ElbyCDIO.sys and I don't have either of those pieces of software installed. This is the first time I've installed Bumblebee on this Windows 7 hard drive. I've had to remove it to prevent a BSOD-restart-BSOD loop.

I'm also getting a blue screen of death via ElbyCDIO.sys and I don't have either of those pieces of software installed.

I've the exact same problem and i'm also using Windows 7.

Last edited:
I've the exact same problem and i'm also using Windows 7.

Can anyone or all of you post the minidump file (normally every bluescreen generates one)?
And don't forget to mention the version of AnyDVD (and/or the version of elbycdio.sys).

Open the control panel -> system -> advanced properties -> startup and recovery (off the top of my head).
There you'll find your current settings for dump files and where they are located.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back