• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

TMT3 Build 170

Yes. A 5750.

The original track is DTS-HD MA, 6-channel, 48Khz, 24-bit.

W7 Mixer handles this format just fine, sending as 6-channel PCM.

I can ask over at Arcsoft what they mean by this, presumably new, format if it helps.

Yes. A 5750.

The original track is DTS-HD MA, 6-channel, 48Khz, 24-bit.

W7 Mixer handles this format just fine, sending as 6-channel PCM.

I assume it is some kind of encrypted format. If it was unencrypted, TMT wouldn't be allowed to send 48Khz, 24-bit.

But surely it cannot be. Otherwise W7 Mixer would not be able to do anything with it. Any chance of a test version that treats this like "normal PCM", just to see?

Anyway, I will ask over at Arcsoft.

Edit: Ignore that. I understand how/why it may be encrypted. Im asking Arcsoft if that is the case and if there could be an option to pass unencrypted, even if that means downsampling to 48/16.

Last edited:
calling on DRM infringement for outputting 24bit instead of 16 is just really really funny, especially when the diff is only obvious if you listen louder than 96dB...and that even the top audio interfaces can barely output more than 20bit :D

But surely it cannot be. Otherwise W7 Mixer would not be able to do anything with it. Any chance of a test version that treats this like "normal PCM", just to see?

Anyway, I will ask over at Arcsoft.

Edit: Ignore that. I understand how/why it may be encrypted. Im asking Arcsoft if that is the case and if there could be an option to pass unencrypted, even if that means downsampling to 48/16.

I DO NOT WANT THAT!!! Do you know how long it took us to get them to use exclusive mode for 48/24 and above?!?! If they mess with it again they'll surely break it. :)

I DO NOT WANT THAT!!! Do you know how long it took us to get them to use exclusive mode for 48/24 and above?!?! If they mess with it again they'll surely break it. :)
Well the alternative of not being able to use Reclock in the way it is intended with TMT is not attractive either! They have to be able to downmix for non PAP solutions it must be possible to offer that also for 5xxx without breaking things. But I do understand your fear!!

Well the alternative of not being able to use Reclock in the way it is intended with TMT is not attractive either! They have to be able to downmix for non PAP solutions it must be possible to offer that also for 5xxx without breaking things. But I do understand your fear!!

I'm all for the option. It's just the without breaking things part that, yes, I am afraid of.

I know that If I install TMT after having installed Reclock, I need to reinstall Reclock in order to have it working with TMT.

May I simply reinstall Reclock over the previous installation or there is something special I have to do (uninstall Reclock or other) ?

Re-installing over the existing install will work, nothing else to do.

But TMT 170 will no longer work with Reclock with HDMI solutions where Arcsoft have implemented PAP/bitstreaming i.e. ATI 5xxx cards and Intel Clarkdale/Ironlake mobos (and more in the future). Hopefully Arcsoft will allow us to optionally downsample, so PAP can be turned off, in the future.

Ok, thanks.

Actually I use TMT 161 and don't use bitstreaming (I have a 4650), so no problem (for now).

Reading better the last posts I realized that there is a problem even when outputting LPCM, but only with hardware supporting bitstreaming (ATI 5xxx, Clarkdale, etc...), because with this hardware TMT uses PAP.

Why only with bitstreaming capable hardware ? PAP is related to bitstreaming capability ? I've never had a clear picture on this.

I have a 4650, but can't try to output LPCM via HDMI because my (old) receiver hasn't HDMI input.

Yeah, PAP is being introduced with new generations of card. Bitstreaming HD audio is not allowed without it, nor is outputing LPCM >48/16.

Arcsoft, in response to people wanting the best possible, minimally reprocessed audio, now will output 48/24, 96/16 or 96/24 LPCM if the source track has that rate/depth but that requires PAP and that breaks Reclock.

Last edited:
...nor is outputing LPCM >48/16.

I didn't know this second constraint.

So, probably, if you have a 4xxx TMT downsamples 48/24 to 48/16 and Reclock works, if you have a 5xxx it ouptus the sound untouched but PAP protected.

Yes, and currently no option to turn off PAP. But let's hope or soon Reclock will not work with TMT and any new GPU.

After spending many months reading those threads, waiting for SlyPlayer, seeing how many problems, bugs, incompatabilities ect. we need to go through to get unmolested Audio (& Video) I recently came across the HDi Dune player 3.0 That seems to do everything that the above PC combination is supposed to (sometime in the future) do. It now seems the obvious choice for me to go for it and forget all the ongoing/never ending hassle about PAP, Bitstreaming, player bugs and so on. Before I do this is there anything to consider that may make me think otherwise.

Im asking Arcsoft if that is the case and if there could be an option to pass unencrypted, even if that means downsampling to 48/16.
They don't need any option. ReClock correctly rejects the 0xf00d format type (probably intended for their own renderer?) in CheckMediaType().
The only thing they need to do is to fall back properly. But they give a damn about ReClock (and I can somehow understand this), so good luck when talking to them. ;)

After spending many months reading those threads, waiting for SlyPlayer, seeing how many problems, bugs, incompatabilities ect. we need to go through to get unmolested Audio (& Video) I recently came across the HDi Dune player 3.0 That seems to do everything that the above PC combination is supposed to (sometime in the future) do. It now seems the obvious choice for me to go for it and forget all the ongoing/never ending hassle about PAP, Bitstreaming, player bugs and so on. Before I do this is there anything to consider that may make me think otherwise.
That's a device similar like the Popcorn Hour C200 (which would be a wonderful machine if it had a few bugs less)?

That's a device similar like the Popcorn Hour C200 (which would be a wonderful machine if it had a few bugs less)?

Yea, lots of people have been talking about them on the forums lately. The people that have them swear by them now. Seems like quite the interesting device actually. I just got my HTPC back up and running (blew the PSU) so I'm pretty psyched right now.

Yes, and currently no option to turn off PAP. But let's hope or soon Reclock will not work with TMT and any new GPU.

Don't worry. Next ReClock version will work.

Back