• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

TMT3 Build 170

Drops and Repeats

Guys... Even with the latest build of reclock I STILL get drops and repleats with my ATI 5770 when bitstreaming. Without reclock the audio is perfect.

Any ideas?

Win 7 32 bit
E7300 Intel
ATI 5770 (ATI 10.2)
2GB RAM

Turn on logging in advanced settings, play a movie for say 30 mins, then zip up the log and attach to a post. If you are saying TrueHD works worse than DTS-HD it might be worth producing a log for both and zipping them together.

Can't say there will be a fix, the recommended solution is to not use bitstreaming. If you want the smooth video Reclock provides you have to either allow Reclock to resample (which means not using bitstreaming) or put up with the possibility of dropped/repeated audio.

Guys... Even with the latest build of reclock I STILL get drops and repleats with my ATI 5770 when bitstreaming. Without reclock the audio is perfect.

Any ideas?
Well... don't use ReClock. It doesn't make much sense if you intend to bitstream anyway.

Why doesn't reclock make sense with bitstreaming?

I get a single stutter every half minute or so with TMT3 and Reclock. I need to use bitstreaming because I use SPDIF audio. Without reclock it's a stuttery mess even though I'm running at 24 Hz and Blu-rays.

I get a single stutter every half minute or so with TMT3 and Reclock. I need to use bitstreaming because I use SPDIF audio.

How about using the AC3 encoder?

I get a single stutter every half minute or so with TMT3 and Reclock. I need to use bitstreaming because I use SPDIF audio. Without reclock it's a stuttery mess even though I'm running at 24 Hz and Blu-rays.

(SIGH. This is my responsibility to explain, James. I'll handle it. :) )

What exactly do you think reclock can DO with bitstreaming??? How is it going to fix the issue you're seeing? Magic? Cause um, the very nature of bitstreaming disables all the powerful magic that ReClock brings to the table. It can't manipulate the audio at all other than to drop packets. In a non-bitstreaming environment it can change the speed at which the audio is played to keep it in sync with the video. Bitstreaming does NOT allow this. So you're asking ReClock to perform magic by taking its wand away. No workie. So yea, it's NOT recommended unless you know why it does what it does and why you need it when bitstreaming. And since I requested the option to have it for my own selfish reasons, it's my job to educate people who don't understand why it's bad. And trust me, for your situation, it is.

EDIT: Wait, you're not talking about HD bitstreaming. I don't know what ReClock can and can't do with sp/dif DD/DTS bitstreaming. That could be different. In the case of HD at least, it's passthrough only. I suspect the same is true for DD/DTS bitstreaming but I don't know. So this may or may not apply here.

I'm talking about the video. I don't mind the occasional audio drops as much. I can live with that for now.

If I don't check "accept bitstream formats" I don't get any audio at all through spdif. If I don't uncheck "disable media speed correction with bitstream audio" reclock does nothing to correct video speed either so it stutters a lot. If I keep "accept bitstream formats" unchecked it corrects the video speed but I get no audio through spdif. Anyway, even when reclock does adjust the video speed I still get a single video stutter periodically. Maybe it's TMT3's fault. I don't get this stutter in PowerDVD 7.3 (but the picture quality sucks in PDVD 7.3).

Hmmm. It was my understanding that if you just do the accept bitstream option that it would drop audio packets in order to keep the video in sync. We had asked for a feature to turn off video processing in the case of a bitstreamed format but to keep it enabled when PCM is detected. Maybe something's not right. Configuration? Bug? James will have to chime in on this one I think. Maybe I'm confused.

I'm going to install an ATI HD 5450 video card next week. I see now that the video card I've been using with PowerDVD 7.3, X1950, is below the minimum recommended video card for TMT3. I'd think that if it was too slow that it would cause constant stuttering though, not these periodic single stutters.

You never know. They recommend a 2400 or higher for tmt3 if I remember right.

I installed the HD 5450 today. The periodic micro stutters seem to be gone, and CPU usage is down to 10-20%, but TMT3 now stutters starts stuttering randomly and quite persistently with Reclock active in some movies. Movies which are recognised as native 24 fps by Reclock seem to remain smooth, while 23,976 fps native movies don't, but I haven't tested much. It seems to help if I pause the movie for a moment if the stutters persist. Oh well, PowerDVD 7.3 is still perfectly smooth and looks as good as TMT3 with the new video card so at least I have options. I've defragmented the HDD now so I'll see if it makes a difference later.

I can't believe media software still doesn't sync the frame rate with the refresh rate. I've been using HTPC's since 1997 and can't remember ever getting by without Reclock. :)

Back