• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

TMT3 Build 170

With all the recent great advancements I thought I'd check if (appart from CPU Utilisation) if there were any quality/timing/processing pros / cons regarding HW Acceleration in V170 (mixing to PCM) and the magic the latest Reclock does?

Thanks
Nathan

if take it off automatic and set it to 60fps in reclock properties it goes green:)

I am experiencing audio video delay with latest reclock and tmt 170. The audio is not in sync, with powerdvd it's all in order... what could it depend on? I am running tmt3 with bd disc, the audio is being decoded to analogs and this happens with wasapi, dsound and waveout, it's not depending on sampling rate or bit depth, I am not speeding up or slowing down. the buffer is set at 100 ms

amy ideas? :confused:

I get the impression that sometimes the audio runs just ahead of the Video (I saw reclock moving between -5 and +5 ms). As I've installed a new Video Card - I just reset reclock to defaults and the cleared the timings DB. I note the default "Quality" is "Fast Sinc Interpolation" over the "Best Sinc Interpolation" that I had set before. The only setting I changed from Default Settings at this stage is Format to 24-Bit in 32-Bit packet and checked the 16bit passthrough.

I'll test a few more discs and see what "impression" I still get with Sync.

Thanks
Nathan

if take it off automatic and set it to 60fps in reclock properties it goes green:)

Watched my first MKV / Flac movie with the 60fps setting. The video was perfectly smooth:clap: but after 2:15 hours the sync was a little off not like before when I played MKVs. Most people would not pick up on it. So I play with the settings and any of the from 29.970 and up will turn the icon green.

I'm going to test 59.940 and then 30 to see if they stay in sync perfectly. If 60 was almost perfect to slow the video down just a little how would be the way to do that.

I'm just guessing here but for reclock to work it has to play through from start to end. Skipping around the sound will be delayed as if it was not being used.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 5
Hi Guys.

All that hot talking about TMT got me thinking: is Arcsoft's audio decoder still callable through DirectShow? (a long time ago when I tried it was but that might have changed with TMT3 and/or in the last builds).
If it is, and if I am understanding correctly that TMT3 b170 does not downsample anymore when decoding to PCM if it sees a Radeon 5000, does that mean that I could get non-downsampled PCM out of the Arcsoft decoder through DirectShow?
I'm particularly interested in DTS: from what I've read (e.g. in eac3to forum), Arcsoft's decoder seems to be the only one that correctly decodes all flavours of DTS and does not blindly apply DRC to it. (DD+ would be nice too if I receive HDTV one day.)
That would be very nice and could well made me buy TMT and a Radeon 5000 if that means I can at last get non-downsampled reference output for all DVD and BD codecs. :rock:
Could someone who owns TMT3 and a 5xxx test it please? :bowdown:

More Yellow weirdness here. All the more interesting since changing the sync to display/2 is OK and reclock properties are set to allow 5% speedup which durn well should include 23.976 -> 25 according to the math I was taught at school!

Attachments

• Reclock.jpg
    Reclock.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 7
You cannot use bitstreaming and speedup video by 5%, it is just not going to work. You must decode and use PCM or analogue or AC3 encoder (I do not know your hardware to say which).

Bitstreaming is "Not recommended". Don't use it unless you really know what you are doing and, amongst other things, that means your frame rate and refresh rate must be compatible such that almost no speed adjustment is needed - not even the 0.1% needed for 23.976fps @ 24Hz, let alone 5%!

Last edited:
Bitstreaming is "Not recommended". Don't use it unless you really know what you are doing and, amongst other things, that means your frame rate and refresh rate must be compatible such that almost no speed adjustment is needed - not even the 0.1% needed for 23.976fps @ 24Hz, let alone 5%!

It'd be helpful if the bitstream bit was actually described in the readme. Yes, I did check. Changelog also.

The problem in this instance is that new-ish realtek win7 drivers default to audio jack detection mode so you've got SP/DIF only available in TMT or anywhere else besides. Disabling the jack detection lets you manually define what kind of speaker setup you have. After that you can set up 5.1 "analog" output in TMT that's going to be used by reclock.

It's not really at all intuitive, I marked the "folder" icon you need to access in the MSI branded version of realtek control panel, possibly it's the same for other brandings. Actually I downloaded it directly from realtek so apparently they have branding included at the source..

Attachments

• Realtek.jpg
    Realtek.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 6
The readme is hopelessly out of date. It has not been updated since James took over the product from Ogo. It's the price we pay for getting free development! One of us should probably have a stab at updating it, but I guess we are all too busy too :eek:.

But for bitstreaming read "s/pdif" in the manual. s/pdif is the pre-HD incarnation of bitstreaming, the same principles apply.

By the way, it looks like you have installed the wrong Realtek drivers (although I admit I have not installed the very latest) you need to install the RED "ATI HDMI Audio Device", not the one described as "Vista, Windows 7 driver"

By the way, it looks like you have installed the wrong Realtek drivers (although I admit I have not installed the very latest) you need to install the RED "ATI HDMI Audio Device", not the one described as "Vista, Windows 7 driver"

Why on earth would I want to do that? The audio goes out from motherboard coax S/PDIF connector, there's no HDMI audio support in the amplifier :p

One clarification, unless you disable the jack detection from the "folder" icon, you get NO speakers pane at all if you're connected by S/PDIF only. Kind of makes sense from "lets not confuse poor users" point of view if not tweaker-friendly.

:eek: Sorry, all the talk of 5xxx series cards on this and other forums got me confused :D

Hi Guys.

All that hot talking about TMT got me thinking: is Arcsoft's audio decoder still callable through DirectShow? (a long time ago when I tried it was but that might have changed with TMT3 and/or in the last builds).
If it is, and if I am understanding correctly that TMT3 b170 does not downsample anymore when decoding to PCM if it sees a Radeon 5000, does that mean that I could get non-downsampled PCM out of the Arcsoft decoder through DirectShow?
I'm particularly interested in DTS: from what I've read (e.g. in eac3to forum), Arcsoft's decoder seems to be the only one that correctly decodes all flavours of DTS and does not blindly apply DRC to it. (DD+ would be nice too if I receive HDTV one day.)
That would be very nice and could well made me buy TMT and a Radeon 5000 if that means I can at last get non-downsampled reference output for all DVD and BD codecs. :rock:
Could someone who owns TMT3 and a 5xxx test it please? :bowdown:
Sorry to up my post, but could someone who owns a Radeon 5xxx and TMT3b170 be so kind to test that for me please?
Just manually add the Arcsoft decoder to MPC-HC and force it, then play a DTS MA BD with MPC and check in ReClock if the Arcsoft DirectShow decoder downsamples or not?
Thank you very much!

Sorry to up my post, but could someone who owns a Radeon 5xxx and TMT3b170 be so kind to test that for me please?
Just manually add the Arcsoft decoder to MPC-HC and force it, then play a DTS MA BD with MPC and check in ReClock if the Arcsoft DirectShow decoder downsamples or not?
Thank you very much!

I won't have time to test this today as I'm about to hop on a plane in a couple hours but when I get back later in the week I can try it if no one else has.

The Arcsoft decoders for TMT3 do not appear automatically in the mpc-hc list and if I manually browse for the HD audio decoder and prefer it it still will not load (mpc falls back to ffdshow).

Mmmh no luck then, these companies are good at locking their products. :)
Thanks anyway for testing!

The Arcsoft decoders for TMT3 do not appear automatically in the mpc-hc list and if I manually browse for the HD audio decoder and prefer it it still will not load (mpc falls back to ffdshow).

You probably have to register them first using regsvr32.exe

I'm not sure you do have to register to use them in MPC-HC. That is what the "browse" option is for. But, anyway, to be sure, I registered the Arcsoft HD audio codec and it now appears in the MPC list of DS filters but it still does not load. :(

With all the recent great advancements I thought I'd check if (appart from CPU Utilisation) if there were any quality/timing/processing pros / cons regarding HW Acceleration in V170 (mixing to PCM) and the magic the latest Reclock does?

Thanks
Nathan

Bump - any comments on enabling or disabling HW Accel?

Back