• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

TMT3 Build 170

SamuriHL

UHD Guru
Just an FYI, build 170 no longer works with ReClock. I'm quite sure they've changed the audio renderer code again, so, I'm guessing ReClock will need to be updated to handle it. Once that's done, TMT3 will be ideal because it gives us Excl mode on LPCM for 48/24 and above, bitstreaming for TrueHD and DTS-HD MA, and with ReClock, Excl mode for 48/16, as well. SWEET!

It seems to be working ok for me (on XP). You did remember to reinstall Reclock after updating TMT? I'm also still just running 1.8.5.5 if that makes a difference too.

It does work you just have to install Reclock again.

You can no longer use the Ac3 Encoder now though, at least I can't. It's completely worthless now, so I un-installed it.

Can't even pass analogue to Reclock to pass out through SPDIF via the Ac3 Encoder.

DTS Issue

I did reinstall Reclock after the TMT 170 patch, and I'm getting Reclock error window overlaying TMT3 when tying to play legacy DTS tracks, either

WASAPIClient failed - unknown error 888900f

or

The Audio Format is not supported by the hardwire/driver
48000 samples/sec
24 bit PCM
6 channels

There is video, but no audio.

I'm using a Sapphire/ATI 5760 card, Win 7 64 bit, i7 processor, 6 GB RAM, the ATI HDMI Driver, latest driver updates. It doesn't matter if I select "Use Original Primary Audio" or "PCM Mix", I get the same errors. Dolby Digital is ok, and the latest lossless codecs pass via PCM ok...

DTS works fine on the release version of TMT and Reclock

Right, this is going to be an issue. The problem is the ATI HDMI driver. Damnit. ReClock doesn't like it. It likes the Realtek driver better. Until TMT3 can work with the Realtek driver, we may be screwed.

Right, this is going to be an issue. The problem is the ATI HDMI driver. Damnit. ReClock doesn't like it. It likes the Realtek driver better. Until TMT3 can work with the Realtek driver, we may be screwed.

Oooooooff....

But I'm using the ATI HDMI driver on my active system with the release version of TMT3 and Reclock, and things seem to be fine....so this is something that at least for me cropped up with the 170 beta...

Thanks

Oooooooff....

But I'm using the ATI HDMI driver on my active system with the release version of TMT3 and Reclock, and things seem to be fine....so this is something that at least for me cropped up with the 170 beta...

Thanks

Hmmmm. The plot thickens. :D I don't know. I'm not sure when I'll have time to mess with ReClock. I'm currently trying to get my second HTPC rebuilt right now (had a blown hard drive...twice). Maybe later in the week I'll get a chance to look at it. Or maybe someone else will solve it first.

FYI I output all sound from TMT as PCM over HDMI (no bitstreaming), and with the latest Realtek drivers all works fine. If I enable reclock then
- PCM Sound tracks work fine, but...
- DD / DD+ / TrueHD etc drop in and out over second or so

so....I'll try the ATI ones or...disable reclock for now.

Hmmmm. The plot thickens. :D I don't know. I'm not sure when I'll have time to mess with ReClock. I'm currently trying to get my second HTPC rebuilt right now (had a blown hard drive...twice). Maybe later in the week I'll get a chance to look at it. Or maybe someone else will solve it first.

I just built a new media server, so I planned to have two boot drives - one "live", and one for testing given the crap we are left to sort out.

On the "live" server, I'm running:

Windows 7 64 bit - latest updates
Latest ATI video and HDMI drivers (no Realtek HDMI) - card is a Sapphire/ATI 5670 512 MB
TMT3 160 (I THINK that's the current released version - not my the server right now)
ReClock 1.8.6.2
Custom EDID from Tulli for my Denon AVP-A1/VPL-VW85 projector
TMT3 set to 7.1
Windows HDMI Audio set to 7.1
Reclock set to Exclusive for PCM and AC3/DTS
All other settings default
Reclock loads automatically for all launches of TMT3

Everything works - Dolby Digital, DTS, DTS-HD MA, True HD - all processed as PCM, with proper channel configuration/mapping.

On the "test" server I'm running

Windows 7 64 bit - latest updates
Latest ATI video and HDMI drivers (no Realtek HDMI) - card is a Sapphire/ATI 5670 512 MB
TMT3 170 Beta
ReClock 1.8.6.2 (installed after the 170 patch)
Custom EDID from Tulli for my Denon AVP-A1/VPL-VW85 projector
TMT3 set to HDMI - PCM MIX
Windows HDMI Audio set to 7.1
Reclock set to Exclusive for PCM and AC3/DTS
All other settings default

It's a mess - first, I must NOT enable Reclock at launch of TMT to get True HD to work at all (which immediately creates an option not selectable in a home theater environment using a remote control); second, I get the DTS errors noted above when playing lossy DTS tracks (ie War of the Worlds DVD).

Hope this helps some with more technical abilities than I to help determine where the problem lies...

Last edited:
FYI I output all sound from TMT as PCM over HDMI (no bitstreaming), and with the latest Realtek drivers all works fine. If I enable reclock then

I'd like to not have to use reclock to keep things simpler, but with the ridiculous surround channel mapping errors in Windows, where sides get thrown to the rear in a 7.1 theater, I'm stuck, unless there's another workaround...

I'm wrong - it works fine with all these formats BUT there is another problem. My test disc was Pink (Funhouse Tour in Australia). It has a 2CH PCM, 5.1 DD, 5.1 True HD. When the disc starts it plays 2CH and Reclock (WASAPI Exclusive) switches the Receiver to 2CH (all Good).

BUG - If I then select a 5.1 CH:
1) Reclock sees and reports the 5.1 channels but
2) the Receiver stays on 2ch with the sound droping in and out....

Thanks
Nathan

I'm wrong - it works fine with all these formats BUT there is another problem. My test disc was Pink (Funhouse Tour in Australia). It has a 2CH PCM, 5.1 DD, 5.1 True HD. When the disc starts it plays 2CH and Reclock (WASAPI Exclusive) switches the Receiver to 2CH (all Good).

BUG - If I then select a 5.1 CH:
1) Reclock sees and reports the 5.1 channels but
2) the Receiver stays on 2ch with the sound droping in and out....

Thanks
Nathan

This seems to be fixed now with ReClock 1.8.6.3 - Thanks!

Just when I thought I would have the "prefect" setup with bitstreaming in TMT3.

Bitstreaming works nicely, but without reclock, the video simply isnt as smooth. I will actually sacrifice the HD sound to get smooth video until either TMT supports realtek or even better, reclock supports the ATI driver.

Bitstreaming works nicely, but without reclock, the video simply isnt as smooth.
indeed, bitstream audio doesn't make any sense on a PC...who's willing to give up on smooth video for better audio? the guys on doom9 are just too funny..

Last edited:
JuI will actually sacrifice the HD sound to get smooth video until either TMT supports realtek or even better, reclock supports the ATI driver.
What does "ReClock supports the ATI driver" mean? What doesn't it support?:confused:

Error with tmt 3 on Windows 7 64-bit

In case anyone else has this problem.

When I install reclock 1863 the file ASAudioRenderer.dll is getting copied to C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3Codec instead of C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3\Codec.

I've attached a jpg showing the file is copying to the wrong folder.

Is this a bug?

I've manually copied ASAudioRenderer.dll to the folder and now reclock loads in tmt.

Hope this helps someone.

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 6

When I install reclock 1863 the file ASAudioRenderer.dll is getting copied to C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3Codec instead of C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3\Codec.

I've attached a jpg showing the file is copying to the wrong folder.

Is this a bug?

Looks like one. I'll check.

Just installed reclock 1863 over TMT 170 in windows7 32 bit.
The ASAudioRenderer.dll is copied in the right location by the installer. Reclock start correctly.

indeed, bitstream audio doesn't make any sense on a PC...who's willing to give up on smooth video for better audio? the guys on doom9 are just too funny..

I'm getting perferctly smooth video, and so are many others. Even checked for long periods of time with EVR-CP's display in MPC-HC. No dropped/repeated frames, and jitter stays in the milliseconds (not that jitter makes much of a visible difference).

Bitstreaming is not about "better" audio in the sense of quality, but about sidestepping more pedestrian LPCM troubles of the players, decoders, drivers and/or Windows itself, like the channel mapping issues mentioned above, and the fact that something like WinDVD won't decode to 7.1 any format. In fact, WinDVD would be all but unusable for me if it were not for bitstreaming. With it, it's become my main player of choice (only because TMT3 hasn't finalized bitstreaming with the Realtek driver).

well, I understand some ppl use a program to find the perfect refresh rate to match their audio clock and do S/PDIF pass-through...but how do you do that over HDMI bitstream exactly?

you can't quite get a perfect 23.97602397602~ Hz refresh rate....so how can you get a movie to play w/o a single A/V dropped frame for 2H in a row?

even if your HDMI clock is as tight as can be, your graphic card runs a very innacurate PLL clock AFAIK :eek:

Back