• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

TMT3 Build 170

I'm taking reclock out of the equation. I only mentioned it cause I thought it was doing something with the video.

With the test right now I'm using default sync options. I'll double check when I finish the test. I'm running 23.976 content at 23.976 Hz ("23").

It's been right now close to 30 min playing and still dropped frames indicate zero, and sync glitches (whatever that means) is 132, the same number as when I started the movie. What the green line is doing in your video, does it do it periodically? I haven't had any collapse nor peak in this whole time. The line drits slowly up and down with some streteches of just running straight, between about the space of two blue lines.

Last edited:
That is good. If you hit <ctrl><alt>r it will zero all the counters. It is good to do this after playback has started and is stable, so you will have zero glitches displayed and you can see easily if any happen at all.

As I tried to explain the moving green line in my video only happens when using Reclock vsync correction with the EVR Sync. The advantage is, once it has stabilized (max say 45 secs) you can do any frame rate changes you like and get no frame drops at all over any duration (unless Windows decides to go off an use all your resources on some stupid side task). Also it works with TMT3/PDVD etc which other wise have no protection from synchronized judder. The downside in in that first 45 secs you may get a burst of judder like in my video.

Minor movements in the green line, and even occasionally the red line are to be expected. They do not alter the smoothness of the video at all unless the dropped frames/glitches count increases, which basically happens when the red and green lines cross.

(I am not sure what the default sync options are. Can you check what they are set to. Without Reclock you should be using "sync video to display").

Last edited:
I think this is also why I'm getting those results with EVR-CP. Since it doesn't change framerate, I only get a straight green line. What's changing slightly (and dynamically it seems) is the clock (labeled "clock" in my screenshot above, towards the top right of the text display). It seems to be the video clock, since the refresh rate also changes rapidly apparently according to it. I don't know what's changing it, but it seems to be a good thing.

EDIT: The whole thing (51m 10s) played without a single dropped frame, or sync glitch (other than the 132 when I opened the movie and clicked it to full screen, which is expected).

Last edited:
I think this is also why I'm getting those results with EVR-CP. Since it doesn't change framerate, I only get a straight green line. What's changing slightly (and dynamically it seems) is the clock (labeled "clock" in my screenshot above, towards the top right of the text display). It seems to be the video clock, since the refresh rate also changes rapidly apparently according to it. I don't know what's changing it, but it seems to be a good thing.

As I said, rememberthe green lin measures something completley different in EVR-CP even though they look so similar. Synchronised frame rate/refresh rate judder does not show in EVR CP. I admit I am not 100% sure (try tracking down Belyaal!) but I really do not think that EVR-CP changes frame rate or refresh rate. I am inclined to think that the clock figure, when you set your display to 23.976Hz, is just a sign of measurement error. Probably your clocks are much closer, which is why it varies around 100%.

In answer to your earlier question, if the real clcok error, not the estimated error on the OSD was say 0.001Hz you would get one dropped/repeated frame every 1000 secs = 17 mins. But what it is will vary from system to system.

Last edited:
EDIT: The whole thing (51m 10s) played without a single dropped frame, or sync glitch (other than the 132 when I opened the movie and clicked it to full screen, which is expected).
You have not said which sync setting you are using. If all are off then you could get judder at the start/after a seek and it could be prolonged. You would need to seek around 20 times to see it. This is what you get with PDVD/TMT etc. without Reclock vsync.

With "sync to display" on you should get none, but you cannot use Reclcok at all.

If "Present at Nearest" is on, what I think you might find though is that even if the period between glitches is, say, 1 1/2 hours, the first glitch could be any time from the first few secs to 1 1/2 hours. You would need to ask ar-jar to be sure but I think that is true. So you could get a one frame glitch at any time from the beginning but then it would only reooccur after 1.5 hours (an example only) and would only be a nice, clean single frame glitch.

Last edited:
I think you're one zero off there, btw.

But yeah, I posited myself those calculations earlier in the thread, but I was just unsure what dropped frames mean in the info. How do repeated frames show up, anyway?

You have not said which sync setting you are using. If all are off then you could get judder at the start/after a seek and it could be prolonged. You would need to seek around 20 times to see it. This is what you get with PDVD/TMT etc. without Reclock vsync.

If "sync to display" is on, what I think you might find though is that even if the period between glitches is, say, 1 1/2 hours, the first glitch could be any time from the first few secs to 1 1/2 hours. You would need to ask ar-jar to be sure but I think that is true. So you could get a one frame glitch at any time from the beginning but then it would only reooccur after 1.5 hours (an example only) and would only be a nice, clean single frame glitch.

Yeah, that's just not a problem at all. I wonder how anyone can worry about such a thing though. Doesn't anyone pause for bathroom breaks? Even more so, every time you blink you're "dropping" a frame or two!

Yeah, that's just not a problem at all. I wonder how anyone can worry about such a thing though. Doesn't anyone pause for bathroom breaks? Even more so, every time you blink you're "dropping" a frame or two!
A clean single frame every 1 hour plus is acceptable, but synchronised judder as you get without an renderer like EVR Sync (or Reclock sync correction) is a whole other matter. If the frame rate and refresh rate are very close you can get continuous judder that goes on for many many seconds. That is why EVR sync and Reclock vsync correction were developed.

Last edited:
OK, sync video to display is checked, the other two unchecked. Frequency adjustment 0.0012, target sync offset 12 ms, control limits +/- 2 ms.

Last edited:
By the way, I made another big error in a post above. I've edited it. :eek:

OK, sync video to display is checked, the other two unchecked. Frequency adjustment 0.0012, target sync offset 12 ms, control limits +/- 2 ms.
With Reclock vsync or "sync to display" judder will happen only once on seek or pause/play, in the first few secs. It is OK, but, with Reclock at least, it is fixable with a relatively minor change.

However, without EVR Sync or Reclock vsync (e.g., to bring things back to the subject of this thread, TMT3) you have nothing changing the refresh rate to "pull" things through the danger zone. With closely matched rates, as you obviously have, the judder can go on and on and on and can start at any time after playback, not necessarily in the first few secs. So playback may be perfect for 30 mins and then you get 2 whole minutes of judder (for example). :(:(

Last edited:
...back to the real subject of this thread!

TMT3 170, I think like the original posters I am not getting multi-channel PCM when Reclock is loaded.

I have a 5750 with 10.2 video and HDMI audio drivers (i.e. ATI, not Realtek)

TMT3 is set to use "PCM Mixing" over HDMI.

Reclock loads fine (1.8.6.3). Menu audio plays fine, but when I switch to the movie ("The Hurt Locker", Region B) I get no audio at all. Reclock says it is still getting 2-channel PCM 48khz but there is none. If I disable Reclock I get 5.1 channel PCM direct from TMT at my amp (it should be 7.1, but that is another matter!).

So it looks like Reclock is broken with 170. :(

There is a warning:
26.33s 0004cc FormatTag=0xf00d nBlockAlign=18 nSamplesPerSec=48000 wBitsPerSample=24 nChannels=6 cbSize=22
26.33s 0004cc WARNING FormatTag not accepted
Here is the log file

Attachments

• reclock_log.zip
    6.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
...back to the real subject of this thread!

TMT3 170, I think like the original posters I am not getting multi-channel PCM when Reclock is loaded.

I have a 5750 with 10.2 video and HDMI audio drivers (i.e. ATI, not Realtek)

TMT3 is set to use "PCM Mixing" over HDMI.

Reclock loads fine (1.8.6.3). Menu audio plays fine, but when I switch to the movie ("The Hurt Locker", Region B) I get no audio at all. Reclock says it is still getting 2-channel PCM 48khz but there is none. If I disable Reclock I get 5.1 channel PCM direct from TMT at my amp (it should be 7.1, but that is another matter!).

So it looks like Reclock is broken with 170. :(

Nope. You try to feed a bitstream format, while bitstream is disabled in ReClock.

Nope, I not be!

If I disable Reclcok I get 5.1 PCM at my amp, with Reclock this happens! :confused:

Could Arcsoft be reporting the wrong formats but Windows Mixer somehow handles it?

Nope, I not be!

If I disable Reclcok I get 5.1 PCM at my amp, with Reclock this happens! :confused:

Could Arcsoft be reporting the wrong formats but Windows Mixer somehow handles it?
How about enabling bitstreaming in ReClock? Maybe Arcsoft is "probing".

No. Still doesn't work. And I have double checked. With no other changes 5.1 PCM received if Reclock is disabled, no audio at all sent to the amp with Reclock in the chain once the main movie starts.

Here is the log with bitstreaming enabled.

Attachments

• reclock_log.zip
    6.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Actually I was wrong about The Hurt Locker it is only 6-channel. So the only issue is Reclock.

Actually I was wrong about The Hurt Locker it is only 6-channel. So the only issue is Reclock.

24.85s 001274 FormatTag=0xf00d nBlockAlign=18 nSamplesPerSec=48000 wBitsPerSample=24 nChannels=6 cbSize=22

ReClock & I have no idea what FormatTag 0xf00d is. Anyone have an idea? Something new related to PAP?
ReClock expects WAVE_FORMAT_EXTENSIBLE (0xFFFE).
And TMT3 is generous sending 48k 24bits. You have an ATI 5xxx card?

Back