• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Where r the updates?

It costs a lot of money, I doubt the poster is willing to spend money on yet another program.

He may already have Nero Recode 2.x already, in which case, it's really the best solution for a user that's use to Shrink. TM2-Megatron is correct in that sense. If not, then I guess Shrink users who like Anydvd better get use to FixVTS and possibly having to deal with complications that may arise as both Anydvd and FixVTS are updated.

True, I just wanted to point this out, but I see it longer and still simple but others (new people) may not.

It's a perfectly valid method and I've used it myself many times. DVD-RB is exceptional at compressing longer movies or movies with lots of action. If you don't want to put them on a DVD+R DL or split it, then ripping with CloneDVD using the DVD+R DL setting to turn off compression is an excellent way to get standard output that will work with programs that are more picky about the DVD structure. These days I tend to just burn to DVD+R DL discs as I can often find them on sale and pick up a pack of them every now and then. Currently I'm out and waiting for a sale, but, most of the time I have them kicking around. :) Anyway, yea, your method is definitely a very good thing to use CloneDVD for.

He may already have Nero Recode 2.x already, in which case, it's really the best solution for a user that's use to Shrink. TM2-Megatron is correct in that sense. If not, then I guess Shrink users who like Anydvd better get use to FixVTS and possibly having to deal with complications that may arise as both Anydvd and FixVTS are updated.

But, in the end isn't it better that AnyDVD works with the FixVTS.exe and gives DVD Shrink users the option to have an "updated" AnyDVD Ripper function? Yes, it's slower, but, it'll get the job done. That way they won't necessarily have to wait for AnyDVD to be updated...if a new FixVTS comes out that deals with a new protection, you can update FixVTS and then use AnyDVD to rip the movie and get it fixed up automatically. That's assuming James makes that connection, of course. I see it as a benefit to everyone to do it this way and takes the pressure off Slysoft to constantly fix the problems that DVD Shrink users are having.

But, in the end isn't it better that AnyDVD works with the FixVTS.exe and gives DVD Shrink users the option to have an "updated" AnyDVD Ripper function?

Actually, I feel quite strongly that the following is the better solution:
James said:
"a stripped down "CloneDVD2 library" replacing the AnyDVD "ripper" would also be nice"

In this manner, Anydvd users (that also happen to use Shrink), won't be subject to complications that may possibly arise as a result of either FixVTS or Anydvd being updated. In the long run, this is more easily supported as well (but not as easily implemented). I certainly don't want to answer more questions, such as "why isn't FixVTS working for me?" Maybe others do (I submit to the accusation of being lazy, which is another reason I haven't touched any Clonecd gaming backup questions, fwiw; to get the desired goal, quite often you're going to be using a third party product--not to mention dealing with hardware limitations, etc.).

Certianly, what you're offering is better than the current solution, and I respect your efforts (very much so). That said, I do not feel it's a very satisfying, nor elegant solution as having an Anydvd ripper that's fully functional. That's merely my opinion.

Thankfully, this issue is never going to affect me.

Last edited:
Oh sure, throw the TOS in my face why don't you? :D ROFL! Ok, I'll edit my post.

I can't speak for the admin or Slysoft 1, but if you upload the .bat file, I won't care. I also don't care if you put a link to fixvts, as I don't feel it's a competing product. /shrug

No one here (that i know of) condones the burning of rented movies. Another thing that personally annoys me is people that clip off the closing credits to save space. For some people, that name on the end of the movie is a part of thier compensation.

Whats the difference between movie only, or full backup when using the dvd clone software... See i rent movies and want to burn them with this software(clonedvd)! Just want to know whats the best setting..
Thanks again for all the help. Its starting to all sink in now:agree: :agree:

I'm quite sure copying rented DVDs with this software isn't allowed... certainly discussion of it isn't allowed here. This software is really only for backing up DVDs you've actually purchased.

Originally Posted by James
"a stripped down "CloneDVD2 library" replacing the AnyDVD "ripper" would also be nice"

I agree with Webslinger - who agrees with James - on this idea. If indeed AnyDVD *can't* be patched to allow a movie to rip with Shrink, then it would be nice if the AnyDVD ripper could at least rip the entire DVD to the hard drive and then Shrink lovers could take it from there.

There's just TOO many Shrink fans out there to leave them twisting forever, if there's any way to work around it.

I'm not even sure I like Nero Recode2 as well. I can't find a way to force desired streams the way I can with Shrink. (I could be missing it though)

Looking at SAW3 (widescreen) I'm seeing a lot of bogus titles (99 titles total on the DVD) that may be the cause of the problem. Perhaps an expanded feature to remove bogus titles would even help - or not. :)

-W

I think i recall it even saying backups are illegal even if not for monatary gain etc??

Not in all countires--and certainly not in mine, at least, not yet.

But I will not help people who are copying rented discs.
Others might, but I can't.

Last edited:
Well actually I meant already bought dvds! sorry to cause a disturbance.. But to my knowledge isnt a rented one the same as a store bought one. Thats why they dont sell this stuff in stores. I think i recall it even saying backups are illegal even if not for monatary gain etc?? But im not expert on the matter just tryin to figure out how to Burn Previously Bought Dvds from stores!

Depending on where you live, backing up DVDs you own is more of a grey area than actually illegal; at least IMO. And even if there are laws specifically against backing up purchased DVDs, that's the type of rule an enlightened mind knows is better left ignored. But copying DVDs you just rent is illegal, no doubt about it. I'm not up to speed on the exact legal implications of the whole thing, but I believe the rental fee for a movie doesn't entitle an end user to all the same rights as one you actually purchased from a store. A rental DVD is the same as a retail version, yes, but the licenses and rights granted to the home viewer are different.

Last edited:
The people that are complaining about not being able to copy movies like Saw III and Running with Scissors are probably not even paying for AnyDVD in the first place, or Shrink. They don't want to use CloneDVD2 because they are too cheap to pay for a program that they would use everyday.

I will admit that for most of the last year I was using a "non-official" version of AnyDVD and Shrink. Then I said to myself, "Hey stupid, you use AnyDVD everyday so why not pay the $68 to get AnyDVD and CloneDVD2?"

Besides, if you actually pony up and pay for it you don't have to b*tch and complain about not being able to copy a DVD every time a new movie comes out. Plus, you can get the updates as soon as they come out.

I say this forum should be locked down to keep out the people that do not even own a Slysoft product. Then we could get rid of all of the post about not being able to copy movies.

I say this forum should be locked down to keep out the people that do not even own a Slysoft product. Then we could get rid of all of the post about not being able to copy movies.

I've no doubt Slysoft admin has probably considered this already. I'm not sure how Slysoft feels about that.

I know Bioware/Obsidian Entertainment, for example requires you to register their games before you can post in their forums (Neverwinter Night 2 being one example). Doing so probably helps get rid of having to answer pirate's questions.

The people that are complaining about not being able to copy movies like Saw III and Running with Scissors are probably not even paying for AnyDVD in the first place, or Shrink. They don't want to use CloneDVD2 because they are too cheap to pay for a program that they would use everyday.

Just to make it clear, I paid for my AnyDVD (and f-ing love it overall) and would pay at least TWICE as much for Shrink as I would for CloneDVD2.

It's not our fault that Shrink is/was the best DVD Software for the money :D (There's a reason the DVDShrink dood now writes for Nero - the big fish in the burning software market.)

Remeber not everyone out there is a geek. There's a large perception that "If it doesn't work with Shrink - It just doesn't work"

2.5 years after its last update, Shrink is still a very big fish in these waters - and if it works OK under Vista, it'll prolly remain at least a force to contend with for a while yet.

-W

Last edited:
Open Season

I dont know about you all,I already bouth AnyDVD and ClonedvD and Clone cd along time ago and i sometimes still use DVD shrink,but i have to say that the most of the time i use just AnyDVd with Clone DVd but 2 days ago i was not able to make a copy of open Season for my kids... It is a Pal version region 2 and for some reason it keeps getting stuck on 98 % percent wen ripping the movie.I tried ripping the full dvd nothing tried ripping only the main movie and just one language and also nothing.I tried it with different dvd burners,Plextor S ata 760-Sony DRU 810-Samsung S ata 183 A-Liteon 832 S and id did not work with any of these dvd writers.

So this has nothing to with Shrink or with a faulty original dvd because i was able to copy the full movie with Ripit4me and then FixVTS and then i could use CloneDVD or Shrink 3.2.

This proves that there are stil some movies that Anydvd and CloneDVD cant copy.

Actually, I feel quite strongly that the following is the better solution:

In this manner, Anydvd users (that also happen to use Shrink), won't be subject to complications that may possibly arise as a result of either FixVTS or Anydvd being updated. In the long run, this is more easily supported as well (but not as easily implemented). I certainly don't want to answer more questions, such as "why isn't FixVTS working for me?" Maybe others do (I submit to the accusation of being lazy, which is another reason I haven't touched any Clonecd gaming backup questions, fwiw; to get the desired goal, quite often you're going to be using a third party product--not to mention dealing with hardware limitations, etc.).

Certianly, what you're offering is better than the current solution, and I respect your efforts (very much so). That said, I do not feel it's a very satisfying, nor elegant solution as having an Anydvd ripper that's fully functional. That's merely my opinion.

Thankfully, this issue is never going to affect me.

Nor will it affect me, but, too many Shrink users are not happy with the state of AnyDVD today. Therefore I felt a quick fix is better than no fix. Would a dedicated CloneDVD library implementation for the AnyDVD ripper be the best solution? Of course!! But that takes time, development, and testing. IOW, it's not going to be out tomorrow. The changes I'm asking for could be done really quickly and would at least give Slysoft more time to implement a proper solution. I'm not saying what I suggested was necessarily a permanent fix to the problem, but, it would do for now.

I dont know about you all,I already bouth AnyDVD and ClonedvD and Clone cd along time ago and i sometimes still use DVD shrink,but i have to say that the most of the time i use just AnyDVd with Clone DVd but 2 days ago i was not able to make a copy of open Season for my kids... It is a Pal version region 2 and for some reason it keeps getting stuck on 98 % percent wen ripping the movie.I tried ripping the full dvd nothing tried ripping only the main movie and just one language and also nothing.I tried it with different dvd burners,Plextor S ata 760-Sony DRU 810-Samsung S ata 183 A-Liteon 832 S and id did not work with any of these dvd writers.

So this has nothing to with Shrink or with a faulty original dvd because i was able to copy the full movie with Ripit4me and then FixVTS and then i could use CloneDVD or Shrink 3.2.

This proves that there are stil some movies that Anydvd and CloneDVD cant copy.

Did you send IFOs to slysoft support? The only way you're going to get an update to AnyDVD that will allow you to copy a new protection is if they know about it. And once they has the IFOs, they're usually very quick about updating to deal with it. The exception was Saw3 which was a ridiculous copy protection to begin with. Nonetheless Slysoft had an update out within a few days which is acceptable to me. If you truly can't rip a title with CloneDVD and AnyDVD, DEFINITELY report it to Slysoft if you haven't.

Back