• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Where r the updates?

I'm going to put a standard disclaimer here...This batch file is not supported by ANYONE, including me. :) Use at your OWN RISK. If it works for you, great. If it doesn't, or causes your DVD to melt in the drive or any other problems, I'm sorry, but, can't be held responsible. That being said, I just tested this out and it seemed to work for me. Copy and paste the following (minus the --CUT HERE-- lines of course) into a file called AnyRip.bat:

--CUT HERE--
@echo off
if %1"" == "" goto USAGE
if %2"" == "" goto USAGE

echo Ripping from drive [%1] to directory: %2
if not exist %2 mkdir %2

xcopy %1\*.* %2\ /E

:FIXVTS
echo Fixing DVD structure
FixVTS -u -p -i -s -f %2\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.vob

goto end

:USAGE
echo Usage: AnyRip drive directory (E.G. AnyRip d: C:\DVD)

:end
echo Complete!
--CUT HERE--

Download FixVTS. Drop FixVTS.exe and AnyRip.bat in the same directory. Next open a cmd prompt and cd to the directory containing AnyRip.bat and FixVTS.exe. Usage:

AnyRip D: C:\DVD

Where D: is your DVD drive letter and C:\DVD is the directory you wish to rip to. (Don't use spaces in the path...just causes problems) This will copy the DVD to your hard drive and then run FixVTS on it. When it's done, you can then open the directory using DVD Shrink.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Download FixVTS...I don't know Slysoft's policy on linking to programs in the forum and if that's allowed or not so just google for FixVTS download to find the latest version. Drop the FixVTS.exe and AnyRip.bat in the same directory. Next open a cmd prompt and cd to the directory containing AnyRip.bat and FixVTS.exe. Usage:
* Linking to a commercial product/service is fine, provided it is not a product or service that competes with a product or service offered by SlySoft and it is not an affiliate program link for vBulletin or any other affiliate program.
* Promotional text for a commercial product or service is ok, provided there are no price(s) of product(s) or service(s) listed.
* A link and promotional text for a site that is not commercial and does not contain product(s) and/or service(s) is allowed, provided the site is not sexual or does not violate SlySoft community standards. The SlySoft team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards. (Examples include sites about drugs and/or sex.)
* Duplicate links to the same URL in a sig are not allowed.

Based on this, you should be able to link to it.

* Linking to a commercial product/service is fine, provided it is not a product or service that competes with a product or service offered by SlySoft and it is not an affiliate program link for vBulletin or any other affiliate program.
* Promotional text for a commercial product or service is ok, provided there are no price(s) of product(s) or service(s) listed.
* A link and promotional text for a site that is not commercial and does not contain product(s) and/or service(s) is allowed, provided the site is not sexual or does not violate SlySoft community standards. The SlySoft team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards. (Examples include sites about drugs and/or sex.)
* Duplicate links to the same URL in a sig are not allowed.

Based on this, you should be able to link to it.

Oh sure, throw the TOS in my face why don't you? :D ROFL! Ok, I'll edit my post.

No. What will happen? I would believe it will play..???
If the original plays with AnyDVD running, so would a 1:1 copy.
1ClicktoDVD and AnyDVD work fine on SawIII and all other titles. So do alot of other proggys. Shrink is in the minority.:agree:

Add a -p and -u. -u to remove unreferenced VCIDs and -p to fix bad PGC lba pointers.

Add a -p and -u. -u to remove unreferenced VCIDs and -p to fix bad PGC lba pointers.

Done, thank you. I'm not all that familiar with FixVTS so I appreciate the assistance.

Since I don't work for Slysoft, I can get away with saying this....if they don't want to use FixVTS or CloneDVD, then, OH WELL. Stop using outdated software would be my only advice in that case. :) My recommendation is ALWAYS going to be use CloneDVD, but, I'm trying to keep with James' incredible "I'll do my best to make it work with everything" attitude. Hence the batch file I'm writing...basically you'll put the batch file and FixVTS in the same directory and then open a command prompt to it and type:

AnyRip D: C:\DVD

Or whatever your DVD drive letter is and whatever directory you want to rip to. It then copies the DVD to your hard drive and launches FixVTS with the appropriate parameters. When it's done you should have files on your hard drive that can then be opened with DVD Shrink. I mean, come on...this will solve the problem, so, I don't see the issue here. (I know, I'm not nearly as patient as James...)
You are a smart guy SamuriHL, I have read some of your posts @ CDF. AnyDVD & CloneDVD2 is the way to go. If you don't want to pay you don't have play. :agree: But I think you already own CloneDVD2 don't you SamuriHL?

You are a smart guy SamuriHL, I have read some of your posts @ CDF. AnyDVD & CloneDVD2 is the way to go. If you don't want to pay you don't have play. :agree: But I think you already own CloneDVD2 don't you SamuriHL?

Are you kidding? Of course I do!! Have for years. LOVE IT!!! I own AnyDVD and CloneCD, as well. Best purchases I've ever made as far as I'm concerned. And as I said, I ALWAYS recommend CloneDVD to rip even if people want to use something else to compress with, however, you're aware of how much resistance there is out there to "having to buy another product" for ripping. So, I thought I'd write this little script and see if it helps people. I still think if you want to get over this stupid issue more permanently you guys should take my suggestion to integrate AnyDVD with FixVTS.exe and let people use an updated FixVTS. Then the onus is on FixVTS not AnyDVD. :) And you guys can start worrying about other things.

cant download new releases anymore..

Please be patient with me as im not familiar with dvd copying material or computer smart. This is my first software copying stuff i got..

Ok I got dvd shrink3.2 i use to burn new releases into my c drive on my computer (open files, then back up are the the things i click on for dvd shrink), Then i use any dvd the new version6.1.4 etc to read cd and unlock copy right codes etc, then i use copy to dvd to burn the movie from my hard drive (C:) to a blank dvd!

My question is with what i got what material there is outdated or old, and what new material can i download in its place to make more updated versions to copy new releases!

I just dont underdstand how to switch or convert the VTS files over etc. as i dont understand what VTS, or ifo files are exactly.. Like i said im learning as i go.. Anyone with the patients that can help id greatly appreciate..

Please be patient with me as im not familiar with dvd copying material or computer smart. This is my first software copying stuff i got..

Ok I got dvd shrink3.2 i use to burn new releases into my c drive on my computer (open files, then back up are the the things i click on for dvd shrink), Then i use any dvd the new version6.1.4 etc to read cd and unlock copy right codes etc, then i use copy to dvd to burn the movie from my hard drive (C:) to a blank dvd!

My question is with what i got what material there is outdated or old, and what new material can i download in its place to make more updated versions to copy new releases!

I just dont underdstand how to switch or convert the VTS files over etc. as i dont understand what VTS, or ifo files are exactly.. Like i said im learning as i go.. Anyone with the patients that can help id greatly appreciate..

Well, the options are simple. We all recommend that you download the 21 day trial of CloneDVD and give it a try. Once you try it you'll probably forget about all the problems you've had.

Now, if you're opposed for whatever reason to buying CloneDVD, well, then you have one real option. That is to either use the script I pasted above, or you can simply drag the VIDEO_TS folder from the DVD to your hard drive and let Windows do the copy. When that's done, open FixVTS and use it on the VIDEO_TS folder you just dragged to the hard drive. Once you process it, you should be good to open it with DVD Shrink.

Now, to me, looking at the options, CloneDVD is the most logical choice. You won't have issues with it, you'll get full support from Slysoft if you do run into problems, and it's just FREAKING EASY TO USE. The choice is yours, of course, and we'll do our best to help you if you insist on sticking with DVD Shrink.

I believe Nero Recode can also be used for all the new titlels that DVDShrink won't handle, provided you have AnyDVD running. Recode is basically just an updated version of DVDShrink without the ability to bypass copy-protection natively.

I believe Nero Recode can also be used for all the new titlels that DVDShrink won't handle, provided you have AnyDVD running. Recode is basically just an updated version of DVDShrink without the ability to bypass copy-protection natively.
It costs a lot of money, I doubt the poster is willing to spend money on yet another program.

Ok so if i go to the clone dvd and download that does that replace the dvd shrink part of the process and will that convert everything over to files on my hardrive without going to fixvts etc, then next step would be just to use the copy to dvd to copy to dvd?

CloneDVD replaces FixVTS, DVD Shrink, and if you want, CopyToDVD, as well. Load up CloneDVD, select the first or second button depending on whether you want a movie only or full backup, select the titlesets you want to keep(you can preview each one) and unselect the ones you don't want to keep, go to the next page, select the audio and subtitles you want to keep, go to the next screen, select a hard drive folder, iso image, or dvd drive that you want to output to, and click GO. Done. If you selected the dvd burner it'll prompt you to put a blank in when the time is right and it'll burn it for you. It can not be ANY easier than CloneDVD. Seriously. Download it, install it, and try it out. You won't look back.

You could do like I do to use clonedvd to output the files in DVD9 format then use shrink if you want the shrinks transcoder engine too. But clonedvd alone can do this as well.

You could do like I do to use clonedvd to output the files in DVD9 format then use shrink if you want the shrinks transcoder engine too. But clonedvd alone can do this as well.
Yeah, there's plenty of options.

That works, as well, but, I didn't want to confuse the issue. Let them try CloneDVD first and see how that goes.

That works, as well, but, I didn't want to confuse the issue. Let them try CloneDVD first and see how that goes.
You're right, beginners can get confused easily. CloneDVD is not hard to use though, it guides you through it.

You're right, beginners can get confused easily. CloneDVD is not hard to use though, it guides you through it.

Yup. Like I said, everyone has to start somewhere. Start out simple and as you learn customize it to get your backup to your liking. :) So, in this case, I recommended CloneDVD because we know it works, it's easy to use, and it can lead to more complicated back up solutions if for some reason it's not satisfactory.

True, I just wanted to point this out, but I see it longer and still simple but others (new people) may not.

Back