• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Where r the updates?

I know you will. That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that you shouldn't HAVE to try to work around issues with software that isn't updated anymore that you aren't getting paid for. It's INSANELY awesome that you do try to work on these issues. Ok, enough of this problem...I have a solution that works if you're interested. You will have to get this one through your people though as I don't TRULY know the ramifications.

What if, for the sake of argument, AnyDVD detects the presence of FixVTS and instead of including the CODE, simply works with it command line similar to what certain other products do? So you could maybe set a path in AnyDVD to point to the FixVTS exe(thus getting around the GPL problem I know you're struggling with) and have AnyDVD auto rip to the hard drive and then call FixVTS when it's done. Would this satisfy all parties?
BTW, FixVTS is only LGPL, so including FixVTS.exe or a modified version isn't a problem.
OTOH a stripped down "CloneDVD2 library" replacing the AnyDVD "ripper" would also be nice.

OTOH a stripped down "CloneDVD2 library" replacing the AnyDVD "ripper" would also be nice.

:agree: Sure would!

It would also be easier to support, I would imagine, but probably more time consuming to implement. You also can't really control if a new version of FixVTS suddenly does something goofy that will mess up output from Anydvd.

Last edited:
If FixVTS is updated, then they just drop the new exe in place and they're done. I think this solution, while not as elegant as you'd probably like, will work well for the time being and satisfy the masses.
This is an argument which is hard to beat. :D

BTW, FixVTS is only LGPL, so including FixVTS.exe or a modified version isn't a problem.

Ah, awesome on the licensing. I knew there was an issue including the newer code base since they changed the license. That's even better then. A stripped down CloneDVD2 library would indeed be nice, but, also a lot more work on your part. This "solution" would work for now and hopefully make the people happy who are having issues.

This is an argument which is hard to beat. :D

I thought you'd like that. Put the ball in someone else's court. ;) That'll free you up to work on other things and still allow people to use DVD Shrink with AnyDVD. I call that a win for everyone. :)

Cant download new releases

Yeah im having alot of problems downloading new releases now like saw3, and the new one with steven segeal, and a bunch others. Im giving up on this software now and am very frustrated since i paid for the service to download movies and its not. Whats up with the updates are they even workin codes.

Yeah im having alot of problems downloading new releases now like saw3, and the new one with steven segeal, and a bunch others. Im giving up on this software now and am very frustrated since i paid for the service to download movies and its not. Whats up with the updates are they even workin codes.
What problems? Be more specific so we can actually have something to go on.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=321

cant download new releases.

I got the dvd shrink program i use to copy and burn to computer and i got anydvd to copy the movies over onto dvd. Im having problems reading the content. Keeps saying error cant read etc...

I got the dvd shrink program i use to copy and burn to computer and i got anydvd to copy the movies over onto dvd. Im having problems reading the content. Keeps saying error cant read etc...
I suggest you download CloneDVD2 and give it a try. It'll work.

Flicka

I have been very pleased with anydvd, I have version 6114, however I cannot seem to rip the movie Flicka using Anydvd with CloneDvd2. I have not been able to rip it with Anydvd with 1CLICK DVD COPY PRO nor with DvdFab Platinum. I am up to date on all the software. I am using a Plextor PX-760A with Verbatim media, but no matter how I do it, I am not getting good results. I get bad playback.

I have been very pleased with anydvd, I have version 6114, however I cannot seem to rip the movie Flicka using Anydvd with CloneDvd2. I have not been able to rip it with Anydvd with 1CLICK DVD COPY PRO nor with DvdFab Platinum. I am up to date on all the software. I am using a Plextor PX-760A with Verbatim media, but no matter how I do it, I am not getting good results. I get bad playback.
You have a firmware upgrade available.

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=2247

cant download new releases.

So i just bought anydvd to copy movies and there not copying all the new releases, so now do i half to pay and download clone dvd like you mentioned before, and if so how long till that software wont work.

So i just bought anydvd to copy movies and there not copying all the new releases, so now do i half to pay and download clone dvd like you mentioned before, and if so how long till that software wont work.
AnyDVD isn't supposed to copy movies, it just removes protection on the fly.

cant copy new releases

I got dvd shrink 3.2 and anydvd to copy. But there not reading the movies apparently. SO is it the dvd shrink that wont copy or the any dvd program not breaking the codes.

I got dvd shrink 3.2 and anydvd to copy. But there not reading the movies apparently. SO is it the dvd shrink that wont copy or the any dvd program not breaking the codes.

DVD Shrink is not able to handle non-standard DVD Structures. My advice is to copy the VIDEO_TS folder from the DVD to your hard drive, download FixVTS and run that in full disc processing mode and with "in place" checked, and then you should be able to open it with DVD Shrink. I'm working on a batch file that'll do some of this automatically for you, but, I'm not done testing it so I don't want to post it yet.

DVD Shrink is not able to handle non-standard DVD Structures. My advice is to copy the VIDEO_TS folder from the DVD to your hard drive, download FixVTS and run that in full disc processing mode and with "in place" checked, and then you should be able to open it with DVD Shrink. I'm working on a batch file that'll do some of this automatically for you, but, I'm not done testing it so I don't want to post it yet.
FixVTS fixes the structure by removing things too, so that should fix it like you said, but some users won't want to use FixVTS.

FixVTS fixes the structure by removing things too, so that should fix it like you said, but some users won't want to use FixVTS.

Since I don't work for Slysoft, I can get away with saying this....if they don't want to use FixVTS or CloneDVD, then, OH WELL. Stop using outdated software would be my only advice in that case. :) My recommendation is ALWAYS going to be use CloneDVD, but, I'm trying to keep with James' incredible "I'll do my best to make it work with everything" attitude. Hence the batch file I'm writing...basically you'll put the batch file and FixVTS in the same directory and then open a command prompt to it and type:

AnyRip D: C:\DVD

Or whatever your DVD drive letter is and whatever directory you want to rip to. It then copies the DVD to your hard drive and launches FixVTS with the appropriate parameters. When it's done you should have files on your hard drive that can then be opened with DVD Shrink. I mean, come on...this will solve the problem, so, I don't see the issue here. (I know, I'm not nearly as patient as James...)

Since I don't work for Slysoft, I can get away with saying this....if they don't want to use FixVTS or CloneDVD, then, OH WELL. Stop using outdated software would be my only advice in that case. :) My recommendation is ALWAYS going to be use CloneDVD, but, I'm trying to keep with James' incredible "I'll do my best to make it work with everything" attitude. Hence the batch file I'm writing...basically you'll put the batch file and FixVTS in the same directory and then open a command prompt to it and type:

AnyRip D: C:\DVD

Or whatever your DVD drive letter is and whatever directory you want to rip to. It then copies the DVD to your hard drive and launches FixVTS with the appropriate parameters. When it's done you should have files on your hard drive that can then be opened with DVD Shrink. I mean, come on...this will solve the problem, so, I don't see the issue here. (I know, I'm not nearly as patient as James...)
I would recommend RipIt4Me if you don't want to use CloneDVD. It uses DVD Decrypter, FixVTS, and DVD Shrink, and can handle new DVDs. That's a solution for AnyDVD and Shrink users who are experiencing problems with newer DVDs for now.

I would recommend RipIt4Me if you don't want to use CloneDVD. It uses DVD Decrypter, FixVTS, and DVD Shrink, and can handle new DVDs. That's a solution for AnyDVD and Shrink users who are experiencing problems with newer DVDs for now.

I'll leave it to James to explain why this is not the best recommendation for AnyDVD users. :)

Back