• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Where r the updates?

The only problem doing this is that he'll be asked to update when issues arise.

Help Me SamuriHL

New to the forum but I'm a long time AnyDVD & Clone DVD2 user. I also like the compression much better with the old Shrink program but was unaware that you can run a these new Sony protected movies thru Clone then into Shrink. I'm not much of a PC guru so in simple terms, how can I do this? Appreciate any input.

New to the forum but I'm a long time AnyDVD & Clone DVD2 user. I also like the compression much better with the old Shrink program but was unaware that you can run a these new Sony protected movies thru Clone then into Shrink. I'm not much of a PC guru so in simple terms, how can I do this? Appreciate any input.

Instead of choosing your burner for the output method, choose "dvd video files".
Ensure the "quality" bar is set to "dvd+/-R DL". Then after Clonedvd2 is finished ripping, just import the folder you created into Shrink.

Thanks for replying. Where in Clone DVD2 do I switch from "Burner" to "DVD Video Files"?

Thanks for replying. Where in Clone DVD2 do I switch from "Burner" to "DVD Video Files"?

Before you start copying the DVD it'll ask you if you want to A) use the DVD writer

B) ISO file on the PC

C) File Format on the PC.

Before you start copying the DVD it'll ask you if you want to A) use the DVD writer

B) ISO file on the PC

C) File Format on the PC.

Yeah, this appears on the "Output method" screen of Clonedvd2 (I think it's the screen right after you choose the audio sources).

Yup, just follow their advice and you're good to go. Output the files to your hard drive and then open the folder in Shrink. Using this method you should have no problems. Also, a good side effect of this method is you can unselect stuff you don't want when in CloneDVD(such as previews, logos, etc) while keeping the full menu structure. Then you can do a full disc mode in Shrink and not have to worry about unselecting anything.

RanMan.................

if you use CloneDvD2 you don't need to run the files back through
DvDShrink:disagree: you can shrink your movie/and check off what
you don't want in CloneDvD2 no need to send movie files back through
DvDShrink..and no need to rip to hard drive if you have a DvDRom/
DvDBurner aswell:bowdown:

or rip to hard drive either

i'm a proud owner of all the software, but hardley ever use Shrink
anymore, don't need it with AnyDvD/CloneDvD2 combo.

very simple as well.......................

AnyDVD isn't supposed to copy movies, it just removes protection on the fly.

My Point exactly...did not mean to touch a nerve with you guys...but i was really happy with anydvd , had no complaints but i am just surprised that anydvd can not remove most of the protections on new releases like saw 3 and the grudge 2...i really am comfortable with dvd shrink ,and with the updates from anydvd had no problems that was not resolved two or three days max..don`t get me wrong Congrats on the new anydvd hd...but for the rest of us that gave you your start with anydvd i`m just saying ..Dont forget about us...

Thanks for all the input guys. I like to use the compression ration in shrink when doing a movie over 2 hours, it just seems to do a little better job than just using AnyDVD & Clone, they are however, the combo I use 80% of the time.

My Point exactly...did not mean to touch a nerve with you guys...but i was really happy with anydvd , had no complaints but i am just surprised that anydvd can not remove most of the protections on new releases like saw 3 and the grudge 2...i really am comfortable with dvd shrink ,and with the updates from anydvd had no problems that was not resolved two or three days max..don`t get me wrong Congrats on the new anydvd hd...but for the rest of us that gave you your start with anydvd i`m just saying ..Dont forget about us...
It can remove those protections, DVD Shrink just has problems with different DVD structures.

I take issue with what you're saying here. (no, I'm not mad or anything like that, LOL! Just that I disagree with your statements) AnyDVD most definitely CAN remove the more recent protections. It just doesn't do so in a way that DVD Shrink is happy with. That is NOT AnyDVD's fault. They aren't "forgetting the rest of us"...AnyDVD was updated to handle the latest protections and does so just fine for those that use something like CloneDVD that can deal with non-standard DVD structures. If you want to use DVD Shrink, then you will need to do a bit of extra work. In this thread I posted a temporary fix for DVD Shrink users that copies the DVD to the hard drive and runs the output through FixVTS. You can either use my script or you can copy the DVD to the hard drive yourself by using drag and drop in explorer and then running it through FixVTS. Once that's done you will be able to open it with DVD Shrink.

I take issue with what you're saying here. (no, I'm not mad or anything like that, LOL! Just that I disagree with your statements) AnyDVD most definitely CAN remove the more recent protections. It just doesn't do so in a way that DVD Shrink is happy with. That is NOT AnyDVD's fault. They aren't "forgetting the rest of us"...AnyDVD was updated to handle the latest protections and does so just fine for those that use something like CloneDVD that can deal with non-standard DVD structures. If you want to use DVD Shrink, then you will need to do a bit of extra work. In this thread I posted a temporary fix for DVD Shrink users that copies the DVD to the hard drive and runs the output through FixVTS. You can either use my script or you can copy the DVD to the hard drive yourself by using drag and drop in explorer and then running it through FixVTS. Once that's done you will be able to open it with DVD Shrink.
I get mad when people don't have the facts straight and they start making false statements.

Patience. :) Everyone makes mistakes and none of us are perfect. They're simply mistaken and that's ok.
No, not when uninformed people could come along and read that post and start to believe that AnyDVD isn't doing its job.

No, not when uninformed people could come along and read that post and start to believe that AnyDVD isn't doing its job.

Doesn't that just mean we have to be diligent in correcting the mistakes? :) I agree that it's possible that someone could read the post and determine that AnyDVD isn't working correctly, but, that just means we have to make sure that the correct information is there, as well.

Doesn't that just mean we have to be diligent in correcting the mistakes? :) I agree that it's possible that someone could read the post and determine that AnyDVD isn't working correctly, but, that just means we have to make sure that the correct information is there, as well.
Of course. I mean, I don't actually get physically mad over it, I just get a little mad that people are posting false information.

I get mad when people don't have the facts straight and they start making false statements.

Again...i did not mean to touch a nerve..but the fact is..new movies are coming out regardless what program you use to back up a movie..anydvd is or states that the program works in the background to override any new copyright or ripguard movies....ok dvd shrink is out dated, but it works just fine with the past updates anydvd was giving out...now it looks like were being force to go towards dvdclone2...if that is the idea that slysoft has ..just say it.....

And by the way don`t get mad....that`s what this form is about ...to correct any misconception one would have...

It's not AnyDVD but the how the DVDs are being manufactured. DVDs are coming out with more and more copy protection on them. Sometimes breaking standards along the way.

DVD Shrink stopped development a long time ago. Meaning it can not cope with the new sometimes 'illegal' copy-protections. Unless James finds a way to get around this, then CloneDVD or FixVTS is the way I'm afraid.

Before anyone thinks "why can't AnyDVD just get rid of the illegal stuff?" well AnyDVD only scans IFOs. If it scanned VOBs it would take a long time. About as long as it would take to rip the DVD. That would be against what AnyDVD is about, on-the-fly-decrypting. Which is why they implemented the ripper.

So use CloneDVD or first rip the DVD to your hard drive and run it through FixVTS. That way the DVD will be corrected and will be able to load up into DVD Shrink.

p.s. I hope I got everything right here!

It's not AnyDVD but the how the DVDs are being manufactured. DVDs are coming out with more and more copy protection on them. Sometimes breaking standards along the way.

DVD Shrink stopped development a long time ago. Meaning it can not cope with the new sometimes 'illegal' copy-protections. Unless James finds a way to get around this, then CloneDVD or FixVTS is the way I'm afraid.

Before anyone thinks "why can't AnyDVD just get rid of the illegal stuff?" well AnyDVD only scans IFOs. If it scanned VOBs it would take a long time. About as long as it would take to rip the DVD. That would be against what AnyDVD is about, on-the-fly-decrypting. Which is why they implemented the ripper.

So use CloneDVD or first rip the DVD to your hard drive and run it through FixVTS. That way the DVD will be corrected and will be able to load up into DVD Shrink.

p.s. I hope I got everything right here!
Maybe AnyDVD could have an option to scan VOBs though, just in case some people wanted to use it, but so that it wouldn't be mandatory.

Back