• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Please Read various MAX Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you read the thread at all? Or did you just come here and post? MAX is in beta, explained in the first post in this thread. 720p is all we can do right until the code for the whole new provider MAX is rewritten. This was not our doing. HBOMax turned in MAX and it was not just a name change. Please read the first post in the thread by our developer.
Yes. I read the whole thread. I get that it's a whole new format and it's a Max thing and AnySteam Max is in beta. Not criticizing. I've been using Red Fox's stuff for 15 years (before it was even Red Fox}. My only question that you haven't answered is...Is there any difference between ripping straight from Max vs through Amazon Prime? In my experience with HBO with AnyStream is that there is a slight difference in file size, bit depth, etc. I'd just like to understand so I can make an educated decision on what I download.

In my experience with HBO with AnyStream is that there is a slight difference in file size, bit depth, etc.
This is all dependent on what file you are downloading. (File size), every file will have a different bitrate. Sometimes Amazon has a better audio bitrate but the video bitrate varies. Amazon Max does not have the library that the default Max has. Each is available on a monthly basis. Amazon gives you a free 7 day trial.

Is there any difference between ripping straight from Max vs through Amazon Prime? In my experience with HBO with AnyStream is that there is a slight difference in file size, bit depth, etc. I'd just like to understand so I can make an educated decision on what I download.

To add on to what RedFox said. Amazon for some strange reason encodes movies and TV shows at 24fps (and also 30fps for 29.970 content). So if you download the very same movie through Amazon it will be 24fps, while directly on HBO is 23.976. Most won't even notice but the Amazon version will have a duplicated frame every 41 seconds. Also, additional languages and subtitles sometimes are limited to just English on Amazon. Aside from that, visual quality is similar.

Thought you might find another log file useful. This was trying to download The Sarah Jane Adventures season 2. Season 1 worked just fine.

Cheers!

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.5.5.0.astlog
    674.9 KB · Views: 1
Just my two cents, I have Hulu live and subscribe to Max through Hulu. A lot of the content on there is available to me through Hulu (if you subscribe to Max through Hulu live you also get HBO channels on live line up as well as a lot of content on demand). Everything I've downloaded through Hulu is coming through in 1080p.

Just my two cents, I have Hulu live and subscribe to Max through Hulu. A lot of the content on there is available to me through Hulu (if you subscribe to Max through Hulu live you also get HBO channels on live line up as well as a lot of content on demand). Everything I've downloaded through Hulu is coming through in 1080p.
I signed up for the free Max trial on Hulu and downloaded a few movies to compare against Max on Amazon. To me it seems Hulu has the lowest bitrates out of all the services I've tried so far. Max ranges from 8-11gb in size while on Hulu 3.5-5gb and 68k AAC audio :/. I compared frames between each movie and Hulu's encodes lack fine detail and even have some slight blocking in high motion scenes.

To add on to what RedFox said. Amazon for some strange reason encodes movies and TV shows at 24fps (and also 30fps for 29.970 content). So if you download the very same movie through Amazon it will be 24fps, while directly on HBO is 23.976. Most won't even notice but the Amazon version will have a duplicated frame every 41 seconds. Also, additional languages and subtitles sometimes are limited to just English on Amazon. Aside from that, visual quality is similar.
A little off-topic but AP is currently converting their tv shows to 24FPS in the same way, I noticed it on Big Bang Theory and Veronica Mars, I have the last seasons with a mix of 23.976 and 24FPS episodes.

A little off-topic but AP is currently converting their tv shows to 24FPS in the same way, I noticed it on Big Bang Theory and Veronica Mars, I have the last seasons with a mix of 23.976 and 24FPS episodes.
Kinda makes you wonder if it's carelessness or possibly Amazon changing requirements. A lot of Paramount shows are the same.

possibly Amazon changing requirements.
I think they're changing their requirements. I downloaded the same season a few weeks ago and only 3 episodes were in 24FPS, now it's half of the season (I redownloaded because I wanted to get the HEVC version). The audio is remaining exactly the same but the video is now 24FPS with the same duration of the 23.976FPS version. I redownloaded one in CVBR to be sure it was not the codec but it's also in 24FPS. So I don't know which is the "original" version.

I think they're changing their requirements. I downloaded the same season a few weeks ago and only 3 episodes were in 24FPS, now it's half of the season (I redownloaded because I wanted to get the HEVC version). The audio is remaining exactly the same but the video is now 24FPS with the same duration of the 23.976FPS version. I redownloaded one in CVBR to be sure it was not the codec but it's also in 24FPS. So I don't know which is the "original" version.

I think they changed their encoding pipeline and are re-encoding their content for a couple of years now. I have some movies that I downloaded in May 2021 that are 24fps. Whether rounding 23.976 and 29.970 to 24/30fps is intentional or an oversight, who knows. As far as the original, the 23.976 version is the true framerate. In the 24fps version you will see a duplicate frame starting at 501 and then 1502, 2503, 3504, 4505, etc. I'm leaning more towards an oversight on Amazon's part...

I would like to add a discussion of my issue in case it might help lead to a fix. I wasn't able to download episodes of the O.C. (No judgment please on my selection!) I started with 1.5.5.0 and got the playlist error message previously discussed. I read through this thread, added the shows to "My List," upgraded to 1.5.5.2, and tried all three settings for the codec. The errors changed to "unable to decrypt this file," or words to that effect. Another thing I noticed is that when signing into Max, the profile will either be blank, or I could select from the dropdown for my name "James." Sometimes it crashes when I switch. I tried downloading both ways, no profile or "James," and neither worked. As a test, a recent movie, "Magic Mike Last Dance" could download. So, it is not everything not working for me. Any work around would be appreciated, or just use the info to help fix whatever you have to do. Thanks.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.5.5.2.astlog
    596.1 KB · Views: 1
I would like to add a discussion of my issue in case it might help lead to a fix. I wasn't able to download episodes of the O.C. (No judgment please on my selection!) I started with 1.5.5.0 and got the playlist error message previously discussed. I read through this thread, added the shows to "My List," upgraded to 1.5.5.2, and tried all three settings for the codec. The errors changed to "unable to decrypt this file," or words to that effect. Another thing I noticed is that when signing into Max, the profile will either be blank, or I could select from the dropdown for my name "James." Sometimes it crashes when I switch. I tried downloading both ways, no profile or "James," and neither worked. As a test, a recent movie, "Magic Mike Last Dance" could download. So, it is not everything not working for me. Any work around would be appreciated, or just use the info to help fix whatever you have to do. Thanks.
No judgement made....Now...if you've never watched "Daybreak" then I might have to judge you.

If possible VPN to Denmark and use HBOMAX....Only place I could find The O.C. besides the US and 1080p is at least available for Season 1...I did not try the other seasons. If you did not have HBOMAX prior to MAX, I'd suggest the 7 day trial on Amazon.

Please guys, I made this thread for Pete to see issues in MAX, let's keep the discussions to MAX issues. Thank you. I may clean it up so do not be surprised if some discussion off topic are gone.

I wasn't able to download episodes of the O.C.
This required a server-side fix, can you please try again? Should be fine now.

Thought you might find another log file useful. This was trying to download The Sarah Jane Adventures season 2. Season 1 worked just fine.
Just get v1.5.5.2 and you should be ok.

I'm closing this thread, as it has become a confusing mess of different, partially solved, partially maybe unsolved issues.

For any remaining problems (AnyStream v1.5.5.2 and up), please create a new thread per issue, so we keep the relevant information per topic in a thread of its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back