• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Please Read various MAX Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
Just installed new version and trying to download Love & Death from Max. 1st episode will do 1280 x 720, 2nd through 6th will do 1280 x 692 and 7th episode will only do 1280 x 640. All are 66kbps stereo. Is that normal? I'm pretty sure I was getting 1080 and dolby before. Including a logfile if that helps.
It's normal.
I suppose, I'll have to write this answer in some or another form many times in the next few weeks:

People will think, that HBO took their old platform and simply slapped a new label on it, so why are things different?
For all intents and purposes: max is an entirely new provider.

The change had a more profound cause and purpose. A number of problems, some of technical nature, lead to the change. The new name is merely a byproduct and is probably just supposed to take "HBO" out of the picture, because the streaming service is not limited to HBO content.

I know the former protocol. It was extremely messy and inhomogenous, probably a result of changes over time, that demanded "creative thinking" when adding features, that weren't anticipated in the beginning.

So what they actually did, was to create a new streaming service from the ground up with the previous flaws in mind. They redesigned the database and the server-client protocols.

The new protocol is really well made, makes logical sense. It also requires less individual HTTP requests per action, transports more information in one, so I assume they had performance issues in mind (users experiencing slow page buildup).

Addressing the "odd resolutions": they re-encoded all content and removed black bars. Possibly one complaint from their customers: "on my odd-sized phone display, I'm seeing black bars top, bottom, left and right". By removing black bars, you'll always get the best possible fit.
So that's not AnyStream it's max. And it's not a bug, it's a feature.

About the sound: well, keep in mind, this is the initial implementation for an entirely new provider. We had to start somewhere.
We'll work on improvements.

I'd like to add this for you to know:
when implementing a new provider, we would normally go into a beta phase with a few iterations first. It's difficult, to get everything right, from the very beginning, as these providers don't hand out manuals on how to interpret their data. There is a lot of guessing involved and learning from user-experience.

In this case, because HBOmax was dead in the water, we decided to rush out the initial implementation of "max" as a "stable" release, so everyone, including those, who don't visit this forum, at least has something to work with.

Note also, that HBOmax is still included in the package. That is because HBOmax is still working as is in some regions. We don't know if and when those regions will get migrated to max.

I do understand that, it's just odd to get 3 different resolutions for the same show but different episodes. I have noticed with some providers it seems like traffic dictates what resolution I can get and that effects the audio quality too. With those channels I can come back at a different hour and it will then be dolby but at peak hours it will only be stereo, but it's consistent with them. I only wanted to point out my issue and give something to work with if it helps....I can always wait for a few days and get the show or decide to get it right now if I can't wait too. The images are from episode 2 and episode 7 of that series.

Attachments

• Clipboard01any.jpg
    Clipboard01any.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Clipboard01any2.jpg
    Clipboard01any2.jpg
    379 KB · Views: 58
As you can see on the many other threads, they are aware of the issues an will work on them.

Just in case, on your pictures AS only shows the quality for the descriptive audio. To see the quality for the audio you selected, you have to click on it.
66kbps stereo is the only quality audio across all languages, descriptive or not; it is still like that no matter what I chose. Mind you, I am not complaining, I am just reporting this because it's new and those who code this probably would want to know.

66kbps stereo is the only quality audio across all languages, descriptive or not; it is still like that no matter what I chose. Mind you, I am not complaining, I am just reporting this because it's new and those who code this probably would want to know.
Thank you Michael but we did know about it already. As Pete said, we rolled it out ASAP so everybody would know that we are on it and we will continue to update it.

Just to inform you that some new episodes on HBO MAX are not being decrypted.
Thank you for your attention.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.5.5.0.astlog
    696.4 KB · Views: 2
I have the current download. Even under MAX, When I went to get the last four episodes of DC Titan's on Max, I got the...
1685202033183.png

Attachments

601.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Would it be any assistance for us to post log files for Max at this time or would logs not give them any new info?

Max is a completely different provider, we are starting new. The API and everything about MAX are different than HBOMax so if there are errors and other fixes that need to be made, this is expected behavior. We are sorry about the inconvenience but this first version is very raw, it's just to show the progress we have made in a short amount of time.

About the sound: well, keep in mind, this is the initial implementation for an entirely new provider. We had to start somewhere.
We'll work on improvements.
Yes, Pete. I just signed up for Max (for a month or two) to see how things were shaping up. I only signed up for the ad subscription thinking AS might actually remove the ads (I could always upgrade if it didn't) but I noticed that I am only getting Stereo soundtrack instead of surround 5.1 or higher. I figured it was either a fix that was coming, or at the very least the cheaper plan was not going to have 5.1. Either way, can wait until you guys get things sorted out. I know it will work great in the end.

MAX doesn't download subtitles. I tried two movies (Shazam!, as well as Shazam! Fury of the Gods). Please fix in your next release, if possible. Lastly, if needed, I've attached the AnyStream log. thanks

Attachments

749.9 KB · Views: 0
Yes there are a few things we have to fix and add in MAX, as it is a brand new provider, it is associated with HBOMax but it actually a new provider, because they built this platform from the bottom up, they didn't just rename HBOMax. So it may take a bit of time to get everything perfect, but our developer is working on it and in time all will be as it should be. Thanks for the report.

All praise for the work of all those responsible for AS. And I would ask the buyers of the program not to open 1000 topics related to MAX, HBOMax, as we can see the problem is obvious and we all see it, but it is not worth burying it with various topics related to up to MAX. I saw very good suggestions to open only one topic for Max, delete the others. I apologize again, but I had to write

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back