• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Please Read various MAX Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize but just to clarify if I'm using the MAX Channel on Amazon, that would still be a MAX Issue? I was trying download Chernobyl from Amazon not MAX.
@Cysentix - Go to settings/ Provider and change your codec to HEVC. Tell me the outcome, please.

Just a question... Is MAX now limited to 720p maximum resolution with AS+? I used to get 1080p with HBOMax. Just wondering if that is now gone with MAX in AS+. BTW... audio streams are also below what used to be (128kbps+).

Thanks!

Just a question... Is MAX now limited to 720p maximum resolution with AS+? I used to get 1080p with HBOMax. Just wondering if that is now gone with MAX in AS+. BTW... audio streams are also below what used to be (128kbps+).

Thanks!
For the time being. It will be 1080p as soon as its out of beta. ( I hope) nothing is guaranteed.

<disclaimer>
RedFox doesn't support the use of VPN. Do not ask for help if you are using a VPN
</disclaimer>

For those of you that are impatient and trying to get HBO stuff at higher quality, just use a VPN to connect to other regions where HBO Max still exists.

Countries in Latin America have more content than the Nordic countries but they don't have English subtitles. If you are strictly looking for HBO Originals, Nordic countries are fine.

This is AS downloading from HBO Max in Finland:

1685581099163.png

1685581128081.png

1685581754041.png

Last edited:
I'm wondering if it's best to switch back to subscribing Max through Prime? I only subscribed through HBO Max directly because Prime dropped HBO Max. Would there be any benefit of downloading straight through Max now or soon? Same with Paramont +, I think you guys actually recommended going through Prime back in the day vs directly through P+.

I'm wondering if it's best to switch back to subscribing Max through Prime? I only subscribed through HBO Max directly because Prime dropped HBO Max. Would there be any benefit of downloading straight through Max now or soon? Same with Paramont +, I think you guys actually recommended going through Prime back in the day vs directly through P+.

Is the selection of content the same if you subscribe through AP? I feel like one provider I subscribed to through AP offered less content than if I subscribed directly. Can't remember if that was Paramount+ or not.

Paramount+ has different content when subscribed through AP vs. direct subscription. I use Reelgood to track where movies I want are available. When Paramount+ is selected as your service, movies on any version of P+ will show up, but may not be available on your version. Both versions have content that the other one does not.

Paramount+ has different content when subscribed through AP vs. direct subscription. I use Reelgood to track where movies I want are available. When Paramount+ is selected as your service, movies on any version of P+ will show up, but may not be available on your version. Both versions have content that the other one does not.
You can connect your AP account to paramount+ and watch directly on both apps. Only works from AP to Paramount+ but I did that for several months before signing up for the deal last year for $49/yr that included Showtime.

Just tried to download episodes 8 and 9 of Succession. Got an error: "Couldn't retrieve playlist. The title may not be available or requires payment. Check the log for details." Saw on the forum to open Max in a browser, add episodes to my playlist, even started watching each episode, then re-attempted the download. Got the same error. Any other workarounds?

I had no problem pulling down a movie earlier today, and have tested it with several movies and TV shows and I get to the configuration settings, so they are all working. Any help is appreciated. Using version 1.5.5.0_64bit.

Just tried to download episodes 8 and 9 of Succession. Got an error: "Couldn't retrieve playlist. The title may not be available or requires payment. Check the log for details." Saw on the forum to open Max in a browser, add episodes to my playlist, even started watching each episode, then re-attempted the download. Got the same error. Any other workarounds?

I had no problem pulling down a movie earlier today, and have tested it with several movies and TV shows and I get to the configuration settings, so they are all working. Any help is appreciated. Using version 1.5.5.0_64bit.
I can’t help you without a logfile. Did you use the Amazon max or the default provider?

I can’t help you without a logfile. Did you use the Amazon max or the default provider?
Attached logfile. I have no difficulty with any other TV shows. I also checked prior seasons of Succession. Season 1 has no issues being downloaded, but seasons 2-4 give the same error.

I'm accessing Max through my subscription to Max (not through Amazon) and using the Max tab.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.5.5.0.astlog
    755.7 KB · Views: 1
try changing your codec to AVC/ CVBR. If that doesn’t work, try HEVC.

Update to 1.5.5.2 and try again if the codec replacement doesn't work. It works fine for me. Your log file shows some strange errors, I will have to check them in the morning. 1.5.5.0 is 2 versions old, the MAX provider is still in beta. Please read the first post in this thread by our developer.

Succession s4.jpg

Update to 1.5.5.2 and try again if the codec replacement doesn't work. It works fine for me. Your log file shows some strange errors, I will have to check them in the morning. 1.5.5.0 is 2 versions old, the MAX provider is still in beta. Please read the first post in this thread by our developer.

View attachment 72394
upgraded to 1.5.5.2 - works now. Thanks for your help.

Let's stay on topic here, please, this thread is for Max issues. ;)
This IS a Max question regarding the resolution. I'm getting maximum resolution lower than 1080p (like 1660x666 vs 1920x800 for letterboxed movies), and there has been a lot of talk about the actual Max tab in AnyStream. My question is whether there is a difference between downloading directly from Max vs Max in Amazon Prime. I used Paramont + as an example. I'm thinking I might just drop Max on it's own at the end of this cycle and just use Prime's version of Max if it works better.

...or is this their format and it is what it is? I did notice that when I was going through and deleting duplicate copies of movies, HBO was slightly different in size when I was downloading through Prime's version vs when I started downloading directly through HBOMax. I think some of the older (2021 downloads) Prime HBO stuff had a little better color than the later copies.

Is the selection of content the same if you subscribe through AP? I feel like one provider I subscribed to through AP offered less content than if I subscribed directly. Can't remember if that was Paramount+ or not.
I'm wondering that as well. The Max tab on AnyStream is really limited in selection. There are maybe 6 or 7 rows of preselected content that you can scroll through, but the Just Added row isn't there anymore and no Going Away in 7 Days, etc. I've been going through Max's website to find movies I want to watch and then going into AnyStream's Max tab, and then manually searching for titles individually to find what I want. On Max's website you can select MOVIES and scroll through everything they offer.

This IS a Max question regarding the resolution. I'm getting maximum resolution lower than 1080p
Have you read the thread at all? Or did you just come here and post? MAX is in beta, explained in the first post in this thread. 720p is all we can do right until the code for the whole new provider MAX is rewritten. This was not our doing. HBOMax turned in MAX and it was not just a name change. Please read the first post in the thread by our developer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back