• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Please Read various MAX Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skimmed thread titles this morning before posting, nothing seemed to resemble this particular issue. If this is really already covered, then perhaps folks need to learn to write better titles.

It's fine, thank you for posting. HBOMax has started a new provider. It's called Max. It's not just a name change, it's a totally new provider. It had been changed totally. It is the first iteration of this provider so we will have to learn how they do things and make adjustment, in this time of learning you may find things a bit different, and many thing things have to be updated and
fixed. Please bare with us. We are doing our best to provide the best service. It may take some time. Thank you for your patience.

After the implimentation of Max in Any Stream I decided to peruse the catalog and when trying to get the download files for (what looks like) any season selected from the drop down for any series, trying to download gives a cannot find edit message in the log and couldn't find playlist error message to the user. Here's the ASTLOG. I tried shows like Deadliest Catch Ghost Hunters, Scooby Doo, Batman Beyond, and Batman: TAS in my attempts.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.5.5.0.astlog
    572.6 KB · Views: 0
Max is a new provider, it's not just a name change from HBOMax. We had to rewrite the whole API. There will be many things that do not work yet as this is the first iteration of this new provider. Please bare with us. We thank you for your patience.

Everyone please have patience. This is a huge change/shift and not just a name change. Redfox has never left any of us wanting so being concerned if they will come through is a waste of worry.

Everyone please have patience. This is a huge change/shift and not just a name change. Redfox has never left any of us wanting so being concerned if they will come through is a waste of worry.
Hi DQ, I have moved all the MAX issues into this thread. Post 1 from Pete explains the situation. I hope it's okay.

Downloading TV series seasons >1 gives error "Couldn't retrieve playlist..." I tried a few different series and this seems to be systematic.
I had that issue when I tried to pull season 5 of Young Sheldon. I closed AS, then opened Max on a browser and started playing S5E1. When I went back to AS, I was able to download that episode. The same thing happened with a TLC series. I could not pull season 2 in AS until I opened S2E1 in a browser, then went back to AS and successfully downloaded season 2.

I had that issue when I tried to pull season 5 of Young Sheldon. I closed AS, then opened Max on a browser and started playing S5E1. When I went back to AS, I was able to download that episode. The same thing happened with a TLC series. I could not pull season 2 in AS until I opened S2E1 in a browser, then went back to AS and successfully downloaded season 2.
Thank you for this information we are all learning the new MAX together.

4K seems to be missing as well
I know, it's just a beta release not worried, but someone was inevitably going to post it.

When I log in to Max on AS I can select my profiles, but no content appears on the screen. Anyone else get the same? Logging out, readding provider etc doesn't make any difference.

It works okay in a browser

Last edited:
Pete
Thank you for the detailed explanation about the chnages between HBO MAX and MAX. You developers are really incredible!
I took several computer languages in college and found programming very difficult and tedius.
So far MAX is working fine on streaming devices but I find a lot of stuff missing on AS. I know this is a work in progress so I am not complaining this is meant to help.

I selected a bunch of videos on MAX on a Smart TV for the list to be watched later or downloaded. The list is not on AS and many of the selections are missing.
Also there ae some channels available called Brand Spotlight for streaming on MAX like Turner Classic Movies and others that are not avilable on AS.

The resolutions on AS are mostly 720p or less or some other wierd resolutions.
I have attached a log file MAX on AS with 3 download that were either 1080p or 816p now 720p (I am in the US).

Thanks also to Redfox for always keeping us up to date and aswering our questions.

Thank you again for the very useful information. When this is all sorted out please keep Peacock in mind as the next supported App.

Attachments

• MAX on Anystream on my PC.png
    MAX on Anystream on my PC.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
  • MAX on Anystream Plus  in the USA with 3 downloads formerly in 1080p or 816p now in 720p .png
    MAX on Anystream Plus in the USA with 3 downloads formerly in 1080p or 816p now in 720p .png
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
  • AnyStream_1.5.5.0.astlog
    577.1 KB · Views: 1
RedFox 1, I just wanted to submit a report that no subtitles are downloaded when downloading titles from MAX. I tried changing settings in Anystream Plus 1.5.5.0 (64-bit) from my preferred SRT format to both TTML and Embedded with no success in any of the three formats. Subtitles download perfectly from all other supported services which would indicate this is a MAX issue specifically and not a global issue with Anystream.

I, along with other members of my family, am hearing impaired which is why this feature is important.

Please note, this is not a complaint but merely an issue report for the developers as they continue to refine Anystream capabilities to work with the new MAX service. Thank you as always for all the arduous work you and the development team put into the always excellent RedFox product suite.

<<When I log in to Max on AS I can select my profiles, but no content appears on the screen. Anyone else get the same? Logging out, readding provider etc doesn't make any difference.

It works okay in a browser>>

I am in the US using the 64 Bit version of AS Plus on MAX and don't have this issue.

To answer some questions, I do get content when I open the screen, plenty of it, and if I can't find something I open MAX in the browser and put it in MY LIST and it shows up in AS. But all this will be fixed in th future, We will have 1080p back and most likely 4K again, again this is a whole new provider not just a name change. I suggest everyone be patient. Thanks for all your thoughts.

Downloading TV series seasons >1 gives error "Couldn't retrieve playlist..." I tried a few different series and this seems to be systematic.
Go to the website and put in "My List", go back to AnyStream it should download. It would not hurt to play it for a second or two in the actual MAX website so AS can pick it up.

After the implimentation of Max in Any Stream I decided to peruse the catalog and when trying to get the download files for (what looks like) any season selected from the drop down for any series, trying to download gives a cannot find edit message in the log and couldn't find playlist error message to the user. Here's the ASTLOG. I tried shows like Deadliest Catch Ghost Hunters, Scooby Doo, Batman Beyond, and Batman: TAS in my attempts.
Same issue here. Some movies and some seasons can be grabbed, but most show the cannot find edit message.

Same issue here. Some movies and some seasons can be grabbed, but most show the cannot find edit message.
If you go to the MAX website, not in AS, the real website, and put the episode or movies in MY LIST, then play a few seconds of it, then come back to AS, it will be recognized and download. Our development team is working on getting all instances of error and new things back to normal. Please read the first post in this thread. Thank you for your patience.

Here's another log to add to the "cant retrieve playlist" list to hopefully help the DEVs out.

Attachments

• Max - 2023 05 28 - cant retrieve - AnyStream_1.5.5.0.astlog
    5.9 MB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back