• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Storage options (at least what I do)

This thread has taken lots of twist and turns, I love it! Also, I love my WD Reds. I have 12 of them and never had an issue. (Knocking on wood right now) :whistle:
It's a fun thread, I don't mind an off-topic thread as long as everyone is getting along and the forum is slow. We have this forum for our customers, yes fun stuff is allowed at the appropriate time and thread.

This thread has taken lots of twist and turns, I love it! Also, I love my WD Reds. I have 12 of them and never had an issue. (Knocking on wood right now) :whistle:

Don't know about WDC's gear but WDC-branded HGST gear does benefit from firmware upgrades, although from my personal experience getting them from WDC is like pulling teeth

Don't know about WDC's gear but WDC-branded HGST gear does benefit from firmware upgrades, although from my personal experience getting them from WDC is like pulling teeth
I never did a firmware upgrade on a 3.5" spinner in my life, only on SSDs and PCIe SSDs.

I never did a firmware upgrade on a 3.5" spinner in my life, only on SSDs and PCIe SSDs.

I mainly run SAS, and enterprise customers are well more demanding of their drive features than home SATA users, so some upgrades actually enable new SCSI features that weren't there before

@zanetti , joke also applies to the German speaking part of Switzerland.

yeah, cant understand jack when it comes to hoch deutsch (if thats what it is called). like, whuut? i dabble in german, but this is like if you speak english and then go to uk and meet an irishman with a fat scottish accent. haha. i just wish prices od REDs werent so murderous. speak klingon, i dont care, just gimme a steady supply of REDs and 30% minimum discount twice a year on REDs. is that too much to ask??

Goodbye money, let's just kiss and say goodbye... - All Your Drives Are Mine! - coopervid?

:love:

Mike
Naah. I just have some kind of twisted humor. I have now 6 external drives from 5 to 8 TB and some retired 2TB drives I use with a USB-> SATA adapter.

Last edited:
yeah, cant understand jack when it comes to hoch deutsch (if thats what it is called). like, whuut? i dabble in german, but this is like if you speak english and then go to uk and meet an irishman with a fat scottish accent. haha. i just wish prices od REDs werent so murderous. speak klingon, i dont care, just gimme a steady supply of REDs and 30% minimum discount twice a year on REDs. is that too much to ask??
That's an oxymoron. An Irish with a Scottish accent. But try Wales. Been to Swansea with my American folks and they worked on the UK presentation which was based on American English. Soon there was a discussion that UK English is just a "waste of vowels". It was hilarious.

Last edited:
Back