• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Status of CloneDVD Mobile Engine Revamp?

camperxl

I can't tell you when, but seemingly a long time ago (guessing when CloneBD was in its infancy) there was talk of the CloneBD engine becoming the revamped engine for CloneDVD Mobile after CloneBD became more stable. There's a lot of functionality (mostly in the form of mkv support) I'm hoping to see in this retooled version. Not seeing anything posted recently; thought I'd ask - is there anything on the horizon for a feature new version of CloneDVD Mobile?

I can't tell you when, but seemingly a long time ago (guessing when CloneBD was in its infancy) there was talk of the CloneBD engine becoming the revamped engine for CloneDVD Mobile after CloneBD became more stable. There's a lot of functionality (mostly in the form of mkv support) I'm hoping to see in this retooled version. Not seeing anything posted recently; thought I'd ask - is there anything on the horizon for a feature new version of CloneDVD Mobile?
My understanding is that the revamped CDVDM will not see the light of day until Elby sign off on further development of Clone BD.

That would take quite some time.
Yes it does sound a bit open ended perhaps I should have said that once Elby were satisfied that they had got rid of all the bugs in CloneBD then RedFox would start revamping CDVDM.

There's got to be more to it than 'getting rid of all the bugs'. We all know that's a moving target. By my quick research CloneBD launched late 2014 or early 2015. It's come a heck of a long way, but if in 2+ years they don't feel it's stable I don't think it's going to happen (based on the metrics mentioned in this thread).

There's got to be more to it than 'getting rid of all the bugs'. We all know that's a moving target. By my quick research CloneBD launched late 2014 or early 2015. It's come a heck of a long way, but if in 2+ years they don't feel it's stable I don't think it's going to happen (based on the metrics mentioned in this thread).
Hello Camperxl
Firstly I am just a license holder and the advice that I have posted is what I was given by the Slysoft and RedFox teams. However the major reason for the long delay in producing a further update of CDVDM is that in 2012 approx a major update for CDVDM was released but almost immediately problems emerged. The late Frank Hollander conducted an extensive analysis of these problems and discovered they were not the fault of Slysoft but were due to the Movie Industry changing the format with which movies were constructed. Frank concluded that Slysoft could not address/solve the bugs in the near future and advised that further development of CDVDM would not proceed until the Clone BD engine became available. Work arounds were released but these resulted in much slower processing times. I am not a technical person but this is the situation with CloneBd as I understand it. I can assure you that I am not happy with the CDVDM situation either.

The late Frank Hollander conducted an extensive analysis of these problems and discovered they were not the fault of Slysoft but were due to the Movie Industry changing the format with which movies were constructed.
Mind to share a link, please ?

Thank you !
I still don't understand why other FFMPEG based programs don't have the problems CDVD mobile has.
Now that Redfox has enough resources i hope there will soon be no "inconvenience" anymore.

btw. is Fernando still a Redfox dev ?

I have been wondering about Fernando for years and where has Tom gone? I don't have an answer for either of your questions but I think Peer might be able to answer both of them.

Tom is still around, he is and always has been in charge of the translations. As to the resources,... You base that claim on what exactly? You don't know if they do or don't have enough resources.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

I'm talking about the funds which should be sufficiently dimensioned atm.

btw. do you know the exact development timeline of the new CDVD mobile/Slyce/CloneBD engine ?
There is some info in this thread - including that "Fernando was very busy with Slyce" in September, 2012.
That's a little confusing as Reto from elby told here that in 2012&2013 Slyce was developed (and screwed) as a commissional work by a third-party company :confused:

I know exactly which funds you're talking about, and the issue persists. Unless you have direct access to the redfox financial records you have NO IDEA whatsoever how many funds they have and whether it's 'sufficient'.

And no I don't, which is exactly why I don't make such claims. Btw Slyce = CloneBD.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) with Tapatalk

Back