• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] AnyDVD HD 6.5.0.7 & PowerDVD Ultra 8.0.2430.50

Well, I am experiencing the same issue as the original poster, I also have the same version, checked it using the method you stated above, so he/she is not alone - "someone" else does have that build... Maybe this build is only applicable for certain platform versions?

I will create a thread detailing my issues so they can be resolved if I cant find the answer through searching first.

I will say at this point that I have no iso's / rips in use, just original blue rays / hddvd's. I can remove the virtual drive error by closing anydvd and playing the discs.

Barry

We already know it's an issue which is why James has already stated he's working on it

It seems the particular build of PowerDVD that causes the issue is only availabile as a new download and not an update to previous versions at this point. I purchased yesterday and got the affected build. I am guessing a few people on these boards will be turning off automatic updates soon too.. :)

The Slysoft development team are on the case, so that's great news.

As to my previous post about it reading the disc before AnyDVD hands off, I don't pretend to know how this works, it just appears that PowerDVD gets a look at the disc before AnyDVD finishes the handover and somehow realises it is a "virtual disk" - but as I say, that's for the experts at Slysoft to work out! :)

Great product, and great to hear the team are on the case already... could be a tough nut to crack!

Cheers,
Andrew

We already know it's an issue which is why James has already stated he's working on it

Yep my apologies, somehow I managed to skip past most of the pages of the thread befor posting.

Glad to see it's being worked on, often replicating the issue can be the hardest issue so it looks like you're well on top of this.

Just as an aside, if I were to make sure PDVD was not running and then insert the disc, wait a while and then start PDVD would this solve the issue short term? I too seem to notice PDVD recognising the disc as soon as it is inserted followed by a balloon popup from anyDVD saying it is reading the disc?

No it wouldn't make any difference, you either have to be able to play an original without AnyDVD HD running or have an unprotected ISO that you can mount

No it wouldn't make any difference, you either have to be able to play an original without AnyDVD HD running or have an unprotected ISO that you can mount

Ok thanks, all my discs are originals, I purchased AnyDVD for region unlocking for some DVDs but haven't had any BlueRays which wont play with AnyDVD unloaded currently so not really a problem, might be easier for me to remove AnyDVD from startup until a fix is released.

Ok thanks, all my discs are originals, I purchased AnyDVD for region unlocking for some DVDs but haven't had any BlueRays which wont play with AnyDVD unloaded currently so not really a problem, might be easier for me to remove AnyDVD from startup until a fix is released.
Fix is coming any moment...

I don't tend to use shortcuts which is why I wanted to know which ones are supposed to be broken.

Well I just went through the help files and tried out every keyboard shortcut listed and they all work fine for me, wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have it as the active window when they tried to hit the shortcut key

The keyboard shortcuts definitely were broken in the last update patch of PDVD (7 and 8 ). I'm affected by this issue, since I use a custom remote which translates its buttons to key strokes. Of course I made sure to give the PDVD window the focus - that did not help.

However, the keyboard worked with a few discs and most menus - maybe, only discs that used some kind of Java were affected, as somebody on the net pointed out.

It'll be really interesting if the newest version will fix this problem, because it's extremely annoying not being able to use the remote anymore. Also, v2217a has a visible stutter from time to time (at 24p) and when I pause/resume, the audio is completely out of sync with the video (using SPDIF, AC3 downmixing). Pausing/resuming a few times solves the problem most of the time. Really annoying problems, but still PDVD works much better for me than TMT, which freezes, crashes, etc. with many ISOs - god knows why...

Regards!

Last edited by a moderator:
The mouse has never worked with Java menus. Hope this problem has not spread to the keyboard.

Well, I am experiencing the same issue as the original poster, I also have the same version, checked it using the method you stated above, so he/she is not alone - "someone" else does have that build... Maybe this build is only applicable for certain platform versions?

I will create a thread detailing my issues so they can be resolved if I cant find the answer through searching first.

I will say at this point that I have no iso's / rips in use, just original blue rays / hddvd's. I can remove the virtual drive error by closing anydvd and playing the discs.

Barry

You're lucky because you don't need anydvd HD to play original blu-ray. This is not my case. I really need anydvd to unprotect blu-ray. James told us that next version will correct this issue. The only workaround for me is to downgrade to version 8.0.1730.
I have a ticket opened at Cyberlink because powerDVD won't play due to error 0110 hdcp.
My HTPC has a 7600GT directly connected to a sony bravia w4500 with an hdmi/hdmi cable. no dual screen. drivers & firmware up to date.

you can always download the 2217a update from the cyberlink site and run that, it'll backdate you to 2217a

you can always download the 2217a update from the cyberlink site and run that, it'll backdate you to 2217a

thank you for info.
i will let this version for now in case of test requests from Cyberlink ... but i'm sure i will have good news (new version) from James before :)

What I wonder is what's so difficult about implementing mouse into a java menu. Doesn't work for HD-DVDs, doesn't work for BD-Js, doesn't work in PDVD, doesn't work in TMT. Would make it so much easier.

Maybe mouse control was never written into the Java menu specifications because they expect people to use settop players and therefore didn't think to put it into the original specs, or because it's easier to just write in keyboard controls

Maybe mouse control was never written into the Java menu specifications because they expect people to use settop players and therefore didn't think to put it into the original specs, or because it's easier to just write in keyboard controls

From what little I know about this - BD-J actually does come with a mouse-interface, it just doesn't get used in authoring for just the reason you pointed out.
It may have been a dream, but I recall having a BD with mouse-enabled BD-J, just can't remember which...

And emulating a mouse control is pretty tricky, because the player will have a hard time figuring out just where a button actually is on the screen.

It was just a thought on why it might not show up, but now you mention it I'm sure I've seen a few with mouse control

Last edited:
Regarding our faulty PDVD version. I played around mit ProcMon yesterday and found some interesing regkeys which revealed a new section in the Confguration menu. Any idea what this does?

attachment.php

Regarding region code issue: PDVD is checking a regkey called UI_IgnoreRC which is not there by default. I added that with values of 1 and 0 but there is no different behavior.

Attachments

• pdvd.jpg
    pdvd.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 93
I'm not sure what you mean by 'region code issue' I've not had any problems with the new version under Vista 32 or 64, still allows me to reset to 5 exactly as it always has
Also, what key did you change to get those extra menu options?

Last edited:
Back