• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] AnyDVD HD 6.5.0.7 & PowerDVD Ultra 8.0.2430.50

I can play unprotected ISO's so it's not the virtual drive. It appears to pick up on the AACS stuff in the left over folders, I've removed all those in my unprotected ISO's and they play back fine

Don't worry, next AnyDVD update fixes this problem.

Don't worry, next AnyDVD update fixes this problem.

I was just pointing out that it's not down to the virtual drive as my unprotected ISO's work as they don't have any AACS folders in them

@ Slysoft:

There are new files in PowerDVD not present in 2217a called RFCom.dll and RFCom.ini.

Seems these have something to do with the issue.

I'm new to the forums but just wanted to add that I use ArcSoft TotalMedia Theater completely updated and have never had a problem. It plays with AnyDVD running or not, from the hard drive or the original disk. I have the LG GGC H20L drive.
I only mentioned this because it seems everyone here uses PowerDVD Ultra and have a number of issues.
By the way, Slysoft software is the best! I couldn't live without it.

I'm new to the forums but just wanted to add that I use ArcSoft TotalMedia Theater completely updated and have never had a problem. It plays with AnyDVD running or not, from the hard drive or the original disk. I have the LG GGC H20L drive.
I only mentioned this because it seems everyone here uses PowerDVD Ultra and have a number of issues.
By the way, Slysoft software is the best! I couldn't live without it.

If you'd read through the forums you'd see quite a lot of people use TMT and there are whole threads about people using it, but quite a lot of us can't use it as it crashes our systems

If you'd read through the forums you'd see quite a lot of people use TMT and there are whole threads about people using it, but quite a lot of us can't use it as it crashes our systems

Over at AVS there was a hint for these crashes or if TMT doesn't start at all: Rename or delete Powerlib.dll.

Yea, I see the other posts now. I hope I haven't jinxed myself by bragging on TMT.
It had a major update last week. Every time it does I fear the worst but have been lucky so far.
I'm running Vista x64.
I'm not trying to hijack this thread so I'm moving on.
Thanks

This is not supposed to be turning into another TMT thread, but how does that help on a clean install with nothing else installed?

Over at AVS there was a hint for these crashes or if TMT doesn't start at all: Rename or delete Powerlib.dll.
Doesn't help, still explodes under XP (SP2 & SP3). I assume it is some "anti hacking measure" which backfires.

@ Slysoft:

There are new files in PowerDVD not present in 2217a called RFCom.dll and RFCom.ini.

Seems these have something to do with the issue.
Are you just guessing or do you have any evidence?

Are you just guessing or do you have any evidence?

1. These files are not present in the 2217a installation

2. These files are causing my internal errors according to PowerDVD's logfiles.

3. When I rename them PowerDVD doesn't crash anymore but gives an "unsupported format" message (Play from disc, AnyDVD on/off doesn't matter).

So, yes, it's merely a guess but it seems these files have something to do with disc detection and processing.

Quite a timely post given my recent download of the latest version of PowerDVD after being unable to get DTS/DD over SPDIF through the cut-down DX version.

At the moment I have DX installed for when I want to use virtual ISO or I'm running AnyDVD HD, and the new 8 Ultra installed for when I want to play an original BluRay disc with proper DD/DTS support (can't do DTS-HD just yet until I upgrade my amp!)...

So - I eagerly await the next version of AnyDVD - any idea how frequently these are?? Just to give us some indication of when we might get a new release?? Very impressed with the software so far (despite Cyberlink's attempts to circumvent it!)...

FWIW - I notice that PowerDVD is reading the drive before AnyDVD gets a chance to scan it - which may point to why it knows it's a virtual device driver in the middle - perhaps PowerDVD is doing a direct call to hardware somehow bypassing AnyDVD - but I'll leave that to the experts who write this code!

Cheers - and look forward to the next version so I can have the best of both worlds - ripped BD on my NAS and full DTS/DD playback through PowerDVD 8!

/Andrew

Certainly.

Poor Cyberlink was probably forced to do that. Nobody does this voluntarily, as AnyDVD & VCD compatibility is certainly important for their revenue.

One of the reasons they might be forced by the "powers that be" is that their player was dissected in public over at doom9, dunno.

And that's the reason why TMT and Windvd haven't been forced to do the same thing?

I wish someone would force Cyberlink to fix downsampled audio over HDMI.

FWIW - I notice that PowerDVD is reading the drive before AnyDVD gets a chance to scan it

Pretty impossible. The disc is not visible *for the whole system* unless AnyDVD is ready and makes it visible. Make sure you kill PDVDServ.exe and remove it from Windows startup. Make absolutely sure that AnyDVD is running *well before* you insert a disc.

And that's the reason why TMT and Windvd haven't been forced to do the same thing?
As I said, I don't know. But it might be.

EDIT:
Last time Cyberlink made a fatal implementation mistake, they were "punished": They made the mistake not to require AACS when decrypting BD+. And "whoops", playback from files was gone. TMT still plays from files, and I am sure Cyberlink would like to do the same... if the "powers that be" would let them and not some "agreement" would prohibit this. But this is just guessing. It is certainly *not* Cyberlink's business interest to hurt AnyDVD users. Can't be. They are not stupid. At least I hope they aren't. :)

Last edited:
Pretty impossible. The disc is not visible *for the whole system* unless AnyDVD is ready and makes it visible. Make sure you kill PDVDServ.exe and remove it from Windows startup. Make absolutely sure that AnyDVD is running *well before* you insert a disc.

In my various systems, the disc when inserted (AnyDVD is always running) gets recognized by the system for an instant, until AnyDVD reads it and does its magic. It effectively acts as if you put in the disc, ejected it and put in an unprotected one right away. So, when you insert the disc, if you have PowerDVD open, and autoplay enabled (it's always enabled in 7.3) it will briefly attempt to play the protected disc, then, acts as if you ejected it and put the unprotected one once AnyDVD is done.

Note that I'm not saying this is the reason of the problem like the other poster said it could, but it could be what he's referring to. I have never had a problem with AnyDVD doing things like this, and as you said, as long as you disable PDVDServ.exe and/or PDVD8serv.exe, and start PowerDVD after AnyDVD has had time to read the disc, it won't happen.

Wow, Cyberlink is really getting serious. It will be hard to break it this time. Here's the story.

The crashes I told you ocurred when I PDVD told me to select a region code for Blu-ray. The problem is: As soon as you touch the brf.dat (file with region counter), PowerDVD sets region counter to 0 and doesn't let you play any BD at all. Instead an internal error occurs.

How do I know that? I have a fresh install of Windows 7. There I installed the latest PDVD 2430. Works fine. I could set region and brf.dat gets changed by PDVD. Now I set it back to 5 changes as I did before lots of times but guess what. PDVD says 0 changes left. Deleting or replacing it with a backup copy of brf.dat doesn't work, too. Only chance to play BDs in PDVD again is to reinstall Windows. :bang:

And all is related to these 2 new files I mentioned earlier. I think somwhere inside is the check for this procedure.

Wow, Cyberlink is really getting serious. It will be hard to break it this time. Here's the story.

The crashes I told you ocurred when I PDVD told me to select a region code for Blu-ray. The problem is: As soon as you touch the brf.dat (file with region counter), PowerDVD sets region counter to 0 and doesn't let you play any BD at all. Instead an internal error occurs.

How do I know that? I have a fresh install of Windows 7. There I installed the latest PDVD 2430. Works fine. I could set region and brf.dat gets changed by PDVD. Now I set it back to 5 changes as I did before lots of times but guess what. PDVD says 0 changes left. Deleting or replacing it with a backup copy of brf.dat doesn't work, too. Only chance to play BDs in PDVD again is to reinstall Windows. :bang:

And all is related to these 2 new files I mentioned earlier. I think somwhere inside is the check for this procedure.

All that tells me is that I won't even look at PowerDVD when I upgrade to Windows 7. But i guess they don't care about loosing revenue from the consumer.

Back