• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] AnyDVD HD 6.5.0.7 & PowerDVD Ultra 8.0.2430.50

Regarding our faulty PDVD version. I played around mit ProcMon yesterday and found some interesing regkeys which revealed a new section in the Confguration menu. Any idea what this does?

Could you post how did you reveal this section in configuration menu?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'region code issue' I've not had any problems with the new version under Vista 32 or 64, still allows me to reset to 5 exactly as it always has
Also, what key did you change to get those extra menu options?

You can see in the screenshot what my region problem is. Region selection is greyed out, no region selected and 0 changes left. Yesterday I reinstalled Windows 7 (my OS I can 'play' with) and set region to B. Didn't touch a thing. Today I booted and the settings are like this (Vista 64 is the same behavior since I installed 2430). I did not touch anything! This is driving me crazy. :bang:

Gone back to 2217a in Vista64 and everything works again.

Will tell you the exact keys later I have them only applied in my Windows 7 installation and I am currently working in Vista 64.

Last edited:
I have no such problems with region codes on my systems

The regkeys I added are:

UI_IgnoreRC (dunno what this does, gets checked by PDVD when you open region code tab)
UI_EnableAACSOnline "1"
UI_EnableBDJKeyboard "1"
UI_ShowBDJSpecialFeature "1"

Apply them in:

HKLM/Software/Cyberlink/PowerDVD8
HKCU/Software/Cyberlink/PowerDVD8

Vista 64 Paths are a little bit different (something with WOWNode64)

The regkeys I added are:

UI_IgnoreRC (dunno what this does, gets checked by PDVD when you open region code tab)
UI_EnableAACSOnline "1"
UI_EnableBDJKeyboard "1"
UI_ShowBDJSpecialFeature "1"

Apply them in:

HKLM/Software/Cyberlink/PowerDVD8
HKCU/Software/Cyberlink/PowerDVD8

Vista 64 Paths are a little bit different (something with WOWNode64)

Thanks mate! I used them with version 2217a, and though these options don't show up on the configuration menu, my keyboard works now. I have to set the value in "UI_EnableBDJKeyboard" to 0 in order for it to work. When it is 1 it doesn't work! Strange thing... I can even bypass FBI warnings and stuff like that by pressing "N".

That's because you're playing in 'File mode' and it doesn't do any AACS checking in that mode as it has no idea where the file may have come from.

Does this mean that PDVD will play 24-bit DTS-HD or Dolby TrueHD audio if File mode is used? Or will it still down-sample to 16-bit?

No, PDVD will only play HD audio when played back as a disc not in file mode, that's why people keep asking why they get the wrong audio in file mode. In file mode it ignores any HD audio tracks and plays the first AC3 etc track that it comes to

No, PDVD will only play HD audio when played back as a disc not in file mode, that's why people keep asking why they get the wrong audio in file mode. In file mode it ignores any HD audio tracks and plays the first AC3 etc track that it comes to

What if the only track available is DTS-HD or TrueHD? For example, a .ts file made using TS Muxer containing just the one audio track.

If it's hd audio then it won't play it, simple as that

Many Thanks Slysoft.
AnyDVD HD 6.5.0.8 Beta solves PowerDVD 8.0.2430.50 issue.
I really don't regret the purchase of AnyDVD HD.
I can't say the same thing for PowerDVD.

Many Thanks Slysoft.
AnyDVD HD 6.5.0.8 Beta solves PowerDVD 8.0.2430.50 issue.
I really don't regret the purchase of AnyDVD HD.
I can't say the same thing for PowerDVD.

I am starting to regret all of my video playback software purchases, to be honest (Powerdvd Ultra and TMT).

That's why I bought WinDVD 9 bluray.

Okay, I admit, the only reason why I bought WinDVD 9 is the upscaling feature of standard DVDs.

Cheers,
BurnerHEAD

I am starting to regret all of my video playback software purchases, to be honest (Powerdvd Ultra and TMT).

I always have a ticket opened to CyblerLink support but no solution to my HDCP problem for the moment. Fortunately, i purchased AnyDVD HD .
I will propose to CyberLink to sell a bundle of PowerDVD with AnyDVD HD to their customers :) It will resolve many playing issues.

hi, i dont see this update of powerdvd ont the site :(

where to find it ?

hi, i dont see this update of powerdvd ont the site :(

where to find it ?

It's not available for download except as a new retail version, you'll have to wait for it to be posted as an update

May I suggest that when AnyDVD installs itself, it tries to create a random name root directory. Also the SLY! changed to random characters. And when the program registers itself, make it random chars as well. They could try to do a crc or file compare, so maybe change the filesize of each file by padding the file with random code that is not used (with each release). You could do this with an automated file patcher. This would keep them busy for some time.

May I suggest that when AnyDVD installs itself, it tries to create a random name root directory. Also the SLY! changed to random characters. And when the program registers itself, make it random chars as well. They could try to do a crc or file compare, so maybe change the filesize of each file by padding the file with random code that is not used (with each release). You could do this with an automated file patcher. This would keep them busy for some time.

The current solution is very temporary, a quick hack, just do get that annoying problem out of the way.
Random names wouldn't help much either, I'm sure you can imagine how easy it would be to check for existence of "*/MKB_RO.inf" (for example) ;)
Also, all that is much more complicated than the real and clean solution (coming up), which is: remove that stuff and be done with it.

Pardon my cluelessness but couldnt you just rename the folder into something invisible to the udf filesystem? or just rename everything in the aacs folder to random characters and alter the file sizes to zero? They can't find what they can't see.

Back