• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] AnyDVD HD 6.5.0.7 & PowerDVD Ultra 8.0.2430.50

All that tells me is that I won't even look at PowerDVD when I upgrade to Windows 7. But i guess they don't care about loosing revenue from the consumer.

The same issue occurs in Vista X64 too. That was the reason I installed PDVD on Windows 7 in the first place.

Well deleting that file still works under Vista 32 and Vista 64 for me

Is there a real reason to update Powerdvd since we have anydvd running? I downgraded to 2021 after I found out that 2217a wouldn't let me use my keyboard while playing blu-rays. Is it too much to ask to be able to press spacebar to pause a movie?

Space bar worked fine for me in 2217a
+1

sometimes I've noted that PDVD it's not the application "in front" (sorry but this time my english failed), clicking with the mouse on the screen of PDVD gets back the keyboard functionality

[OT]
as a word for TMT, this is by far my preferred player for BRs, only with the latest update .128 I had a problem that many others had too (stutters), reverting to a previous bild solved the the issue,
I was soooo tired to fight with PDVD...
[/OT]

yep I'm using the 2430 version on everything as it works fine with unprotected ISO's

yep I'm using the 2430 version on everything as it works fine with unprotected ISO's

Weird. When I delete it PDVD says 0 changes left and does not create a new file. Copying the old version back doesn't change a thing. Do you delete it in safe mode or how are you doing it?

On the other hand: I have the same internal eror with HD DVDs.

Maybe this version is simply not stable.

It's PDVD 8 so I wouldn't expect it to play back HD DVD's.
I go into Task manager, end the brs.exe process, then go in and delete the brf.dat file

Has anybody found any positive differences with these two newer builds (2217a, 2430) compared to 2217?

[OT]
as a word for TMT, this is by far my preferred player for BRs, only with the latest update .128 I had a problem that many others had too (stutters), reverting to a previous bild solved the the issue,
I was soooo tired to fight with PDVD...
[/OT]

[OT]
Yes, TMT .128 is very broken. Audio/Video out of sync with DVD playback, stuttering.
.126 works fine under Vista, but explodes (instant reboot to BIOS POST) on XP.
[/OT]

And what is always good to know - if you have AnyDVD HD running, you usually don't need to update the player as often. BD+ problems? AnyDVD removed it. New AACS? AnyDVD removed it. BD-Live trouble? AnyDVD removed it. ;)

Yea, that's what I was thinking as I read through this rather long thread. By the time I actually need a newer version of PowerDVD, this little glitch with 2430 will be fixed more than likely. This is particularly true since we just went through the latest AACS/BD+ updates.

I tend to just update PowerDVD during these times, otherwise it usually keeps working as long as I use AnyDVD. Updating is a royal PITA anyway. I had to do the complete Cyberlink purge this last time just to get X-files 2 to play at all.

I guess the only issue is if you're a new PowerDVD user and don't have an older version to install.

PowerDVD is only crap from the beginning.
But maybe we should thank Cyberlink for this crap.
The first Volume key was found by using PDVD.

PowerDVD is only crap from the beginning.
But maybe we should thank Cyberlink for this crap.
The first Volume key was found by using PDVD.
PDVD has been the best working piece of Blu-ray software for me from the beginning and I've been using it for nearly 2 years for Blu-ray, it's been the most stable one out there

So, I've kinda lost track of what the state of play is here. Once the next version of AnyDVD emerges is this new version of PDVD a problem:

- for 'real' blu-ray discs?
- for unprotected isos?
- for protected isos?

or will it be "business as usual".

.....and, by the way (a little OT :eek:), does anyone know if the new version fixes keyboard shortcuts that were broken in the previous update.

Unprotected ISO's already work in the new version, and what keyboard shortcuts are you referring too?

So, I've kinda lost track of what the state of play is here. Once the next version of AnyDVD emerges is this new version of PDVD a problem:

- for 'real' blu-ray discs?
- for unprotected isos?
- for protected isos?

or will it be "business as usual".
Everything will work.

Everything will work.
:)

Unprotected ISO's already work in the new version, and what keyboard shortcuts are you referring too?
There have been reports over @AVSForums that the latest patches for both PDVD7 and PDVD8 break the usual keyboard shortcuts. They haven't really been specific but there are a lot of them - for play/pause/ffw/REW/next chapter/Blu-ray menu etc. This is particulalry problematic for those of us who are using a (non-Cyberlink) remote control. Just thought I would ask here as clearly some here have installed the new version. I did not want to ask over at AVSForum as there has been little mention of the new version there yet and until the new version of AnyDVD is out I did not want to risk causing people to upgrade.

Last edited:
To get the actual build number, open PDVD, right click and choose 'about'

Then it should give you the Version number at the top, if it still comes out as the number you quoted then no one can help as no one else has that build

Well, I am experiencing the same issue as the original poster, I also have the same version, checked it using the method you stated above, so he/she is not alone - "someone" else does have that build... Maybe this build is only applicable for certain platform versions?

I will create a thread detailing my issues so they can be resolved if I cant find the answer through searching first.

I will say at this point that I have no iso's / rips in use, just original blue rays / hddvd's. I can remove the virtual drive error by closing anydvd and playing the discs.

Barry

I don't tend to use shortcuts which is why I wanted to know which ones are supposed to be broken.

Well I just went through the help files and tried out every keyboard shortcut listed and they all work fine for me, wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have it as the active window when they tried to hit the shortcut key

Last edited:
Back