• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] AnyDVD HD 6.5.0.7 & PowerDVD Ultra 8.0.2430.50

WeetA

Hello,
latest version of PowerDVD Ultra 8.0.2430.50 won't play BRD if AnyDVD HD is active. It says that movie can't be read from virtual drive.
It works fine with older version 8.0.1730.
Regards,
WeetA

what are you mounting it with and what version of the drive are you using

Latest version 8 is 8.0.2217a.00, even if you look at the DVD version info on that build it's given as 8.0.4727.50.
Also are you playing original discs, Protected ISO's or Unprotected ISO's?

Last edited:
Hello,
latest version of PowerDVD Ultra 8.0.2430.50 won't play BRD if AnyDVD HD is active. It says that movie can't be read from virtual drive.
It works fine with older version 8.0.1730.
Regards,
WeetA

I haven't seen a newer build than 2217a on the website, but just to check I opened PowerDVD 8, and I got a little taskbar message that a patch was available, but clicking on the message didn't do anything. I also had powerdvd8.exe blocked in my firewall (Comodo), so I don't know how it knew there was a patch. Now I've enabled it in my firewall, and can't find the patch when clicking on the arrow. Weird. How did you get yours?

2217a is the latest build, I assume he's reading the DVD version number instead of the PowerDVD number

I have just bought PowerDVD 8 Ultra.
From info.ini of setup file CyberLinkPowerDVD8Ultra_2430U_DVD081202-02.exe
Ver=8.0.2430.50
DisplayBuildNumber=2430

When AnyDVD HD is active, PowerDVD says that it can't play movie from virtual drive. I tried to read original BRD "I'm a legend" Europe from BR drive HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20L.
If i disable AnyDVD HD, PowerDVD begins to play and stops due a fu..... HDCP error. (all my hardware is hdcp compliant, everything is up to date)

PowerDVD also can't play this BRD ripped without protection and mounted with Daemon tools 4.

I downgraded to 8.0.1730. Everything is OK :
- original BRD with AnyDVD HD enabled.
- BRD rip iso mounted with Daemon tools.

It seems that Cyberlink added a new check.

Last edited:
Don't use DT, it's know to cause issues with ISO's, uninstall DT and the SPTD driver that it leaves behind and mount using Virtual Clone Drive

To get the actual build number, open PDVD, right click and choose 'about'

Then it should give you the Version number at the top, if it still comes out as the number you quoted then no one can help as no one else has that build

Last edited:
OK for Daemon tools but i'm trying to play an original Bluray on a Bluray drive.
When you enable AnyDVD HD, PowerDVD refuses to play the movie. It considers that movie is on a virtual drive. This is not true.
When you disable AnyDVD HD, it works. PowerDVD begins to play.

you need to post a log file from AnyDVD HD, that may help, but as I said we don't have this build so it's difficult to know what's going on.

It looks like the same behaviour as reported before with Dell OEM version. My current guess is that PowerDVD now performs AACS authentication with the drive even if the disc does not have AACS. Of course this won't work for virtual drives unless SlySoft implements full AACS authentication in VCD. As to actual drives, probably AnyDVD currently blocks AACS authentication for some reason. And this will probably be easier to fix.
But these are just guesses.
Anyway, it looks like SlySoft's New Year present was compensated by Cyberlink's :(

If that's the case then that'll steer even more people away from it as I often build my own Discs using Adobe Encore which gives me the option of building an ISO for testing. But I'll wait until I can get a copy of this build first before assuming anything

@WeetA - I sent you a PM

Sorry Webslinger for double post.

I uninstalled Daemon Tools, SPTD driver and reinstalled latest version of PowerDVD 8.0.2430.50.

i confirm that PowerDVD version is 8.0.2430.50 from about dialog box.

i inserted "I'm a legend" bluray in my GGC-H20L.
i enabled AnyDVD HD 6.5.0.7 bought yesterday too.

Same result : CyberLink PowerDVD ne permet pas la lecture de disques Blu-ray sur un périphérique virtuel. Vous devez insérer un disque Blu-ray dans un lecteur BD-ROM.

in english, PowerDVD can't play Blu-ray on virtual devices. You should insert Blu-ray in BD-ROM drive.

Do step 8 from the link I posted. Typically I and Slysoft developers will simply ignore troubleshooting threads
unless you post an Anydvd log .zip file. I'm making a rare exception.

Webslinger, please find log in attachments.
Adbear, please find screenshot of About dialog box

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_I_AM_LEGEND_B5.zip
    249.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 2009-01-01_174746.jpg
    2009-01-01_174746.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 30
This is the same issue I described for PowerDVD DX (DELL) several weeks ago: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=22044&highlight=dell
This (and the fact that "Iron Man"-German could not be played with the DELL-Edition) was the reason I purchased "PowerDVD 8 Ultra".
And now we have the same problem with "PowerDVD 8 Ultra" ... This is really sad news.

As I mentioned in the original thread, the error message is NOT caused by using a virtual drive.
If "AnyDVD (HD)" is enabled, "PowerDVD 8 Ultra" does not play any Blu-ray disc from the physical BD-ROM drive, either.

As soon as new discs are released which can only be played by the newer builds of "PowerDVD 8 Ultra", and if Slysoft cannot solve the problem, "AnyDVD (HD)" will become completely useless, even if BD+ is now successfully removed ...
This would be really terrible, because my display is not HDCP compliant which is the reason I need "AnyDVD (HD)" in the first place.

Last edited:
I updated my LG GGC-H20L firmware to 1.03.
I tried an old Blu-Ray : Arthur et les minimoys.
Same problem.
Log files in attachment.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_I_AM_LEGEND_B5.zip
    249 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyDVD_Info_E_LOGICAL_ARTHUR_ID.zip
    151.6 KB · Views: 0
We'll just have to wait and see what happens, I find it odd they release the new version as a full release but not as an upgrade

Back