• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

REQ: How to combine LOR EE Blu-rays into one ISO

I was using a clean install (default settings) in tsmuxergui. So when you get to the video portion of the 2nd disc and hit your chapter forward it goes to the end of the movie?

Strange. Mine has 49 chapters if I recall properly.

I didn't get that far because I stopped when I noticed the chapters list in the Blu-ray tab were wrong. That's when I decided to go ahead and calculate the chapters on my own.

Also when you click Blu-ray tab in tsMuxerGUI, do you have it checked-marked to create chapters every 5 minutes (default setting)?

And your output is set to Blu-ray right correct?

Yes, I played around with tsMuxer and when I choose a playlist to work with, it'll use the original chapters. If I choose an m2ts file, it is set to create chapters every 5 minutes.

Yes, I played around with tsMuxer and when I choose a playlist to work with, it'll use the original chapters. If I choose an m2ts file, it is set to create chapters every 5 minutes.

Why in the world are you manually recalculating or worrying about the chapters that way? if the tools you are using aren't working for the task, use other ones! :)

Simply using eac3to in command line to extract chapters, video, and audio and then dropping it into MKVMerge works pefectly to create the MKV as there is no need for all the additional problematic effort. Yraen outlined the process to take the two MKV's and put them together. Chapters come out exactly the same as on the disc.

I didn't get that far because I stopped when I noticed the chapters list in the Blu-ray tab were wrong. That's when I decided to go ahead and calculate the chapters on my own.

No wonder. Please follow directions and you will have chapters. If you set the program to create chapters every 5 minutes, shouldn't you allow the program to complete it's task before reporting it doesn't work?

Go ahead and join them into Blu-ray output and report back.

@ Maltese:
You're wrong.

Step 8) Select Ouput type: Blu-ray

With TSMuxer you can't join 2 BluRay structures. You need m2ts Files.
So you have to select the Output type: m2ts

I use TSMuxer a long time and with approx 300 blurays, so I know what to do.

Joining 2 playlists (without BluRay Output you get the chapters inside the m2pls File) doesn't work. Joining the m2ts Files from BluRay structures don't get you chapters.

Joining 2 m2ts (m2ts Output) results in chapters, but not the correct ones. TSMuxer isn't smart enough programmed, that it adds the runtime of m2ts Part1 to the chapters from m2ts Part2. So you end up with the wrong chapters.

PS:
I've tried it with all 3 LOTR SEE movies.
I followed your steps exactly. It doesn't work.

Last edited:
No wonder. Please follow directions and you will have chapters. If you set the program to create chapters every 5 minutes, shouldn't you allow the program to complete it's task before reporting it doesn't work?

Go ahead and join them into Blu-ray output and report back.

Well, if I did that, I would have chapters set at every five minutes. I wanted the original chapters at the original set points in the video so I was forced to recalculate.

You can call it...OCD :D

Why in the world are you manually recalculating or worrying about the chapters that way? if the tools you are using aren't working for the task, use other ones! :)

Simply using eac3to in command line to extract chapters, video, and audio and then dropping it into MKVMerge works pefectly to create the MKV as there is no need for all the additional problematic effort. Yraen outlined the process to take the two MKV's and put them together. Chapters come out exactly the same as on the disc.

THANKS! I'm pretty new to Blu Ray repackaging so I will definitely check out eac3to. When I go the MKV route, I will definitely look up those instructions.

I was going to try a different tactic myself. I'm going to attempt to use MakeMKV for each disc and extract an MKV for each one and then use MKVMerge to join them. In theory it should figure out the chapters from that automagically. I'm not sure I care so much about removing the black space between them in an attempt to make them seamless. I might try it but I'm not too concerned. But man is this going to require some hard drive space!! :)

Updated my post on page 8 to include The Two Towers chapter marks that works with Maltese's trim times.

You're wrong.

Step 8) Select Ouput type: Blu-ray

With TSMuxer you can't join 2 BluRay structures. You need m2ts Files.
So you have to select the Output type: m2ts

Well you misread my instructions. Output set to Blu-ray. You add and join the 00000.m2ts files. Why did you post this? How is this wrong? Setting the output type to Blu-ray creates the structures for BD with one combined m2ts file in the Stream folder. You must have something broken on your end.

I use TSMuxer a long time and with approx 300 blurays, so I know what to do.

Good for you. I own 522 Blu-rays. Obviously you don't know what to do based on your post.

Joining 2 playlists (without BluRay Output you get the chapters inside the m2pls File) doesn't work. Joining the m2ts Files from BluRay structures don't get you chapters.

Using TSMuxer will auto generate chapters (if set). I don't have magical fairy pixie dust that creates them for me, in all my LOTR EE ISOs. So I must be doing something right. Not sure why you have been unsuccessful.

Joining 2 m2ts (m2ts Output) results in chapters, but not the correct ones. TSMuxer isn't smart enough programmed, that it adds the runtime of m2ts Part1 to the chapters from m2ts Part2. So you end up with the wrong chapters.

If you want chapters to align up with the disc then don't be lazy and wait for someone else to do it, do it yourself. I'm fine with every 5 minutes.

PS:
I've tried it with all 3 LOTR SEE movies.
I followed your steps exactly. It doesn't work.

Obviously you did not. Since I have 3 ISOs that are combined, have chapters all the way through. If you want exact 2 minute and 10 second chapters here, and 4 minutes chapters there, then set it up how you want.

I'm working on color correcting the first disc now. Anyone who want's that done can contact blubbor87 since he is an expert with over 300 Blu-rays. And yes I am an Ass. Thanks to fine members such as yourself.

Last edited:
If you want chapters to align up with the disc then don't be lazy and wait for someone else to do it, do it yourself. I'm fine with every 5 minutes.

Every 5 minutes is ok for you.
I've to apologize. I thought you had the correct chapters and not only every 5 minutes.

Every 5 minutes works without a problem with TSMuxer, but joining and getting the correct (from the original discs) chapters isn't working automatically. You've to add the first part and correct the second part by hand. Subtracting the cutting time from part 1.

You did a great work. Thank you. :clap:

And I'm not lazy, I jus't didn't have the time to correct all chapters by hand.

Updated my post on Page 8 to include ROTK

http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=316395&postcount=72

Once again, props to Maltese for sharing the trim times for each 3 films. That saved me QUITE a bit of time. :clap:

Thank you very much!
Do you like the gap or are you interessted in a smaller one?
Probably 6337500 ms should work in FOTR.

Obviously you did not. Since I have 3 ISOs that are combined, have chapters all the way through. If you want exact 2 minute and 10 second chapters here, and 4 minutes chapters there, then set it up how you want.

I'm working on color correcting the first disc now. Anyone who want's that done can contact blubbor87 since he is an expert with over 300 Blu-rays. And yes I am an Ass. Thanks to fine members such as yourself.

That's the point. I thought you were talking about the correct 2min 10 seconds chapters. I didn't attack your 5 minute auto-chapters. They work great. Every one using TsMuxer should know this.
But there are a few people, who like to have the chapters like the ones on the discs.

You're not an ass and I'm greatefull for your work. That was a great missunderstanding and I'm very sorry.

Last edited:
Thank you very much!

I'm fine with the gaps that Maltese arrived at. If you wish to recalculate on your own, you can use Excel.

Copy and paste the chapter marks from each disc from tsmuxer and use excel to calculate the merged ones for you. It took me about a minute to recalculate. It was just a matter of entering formulas in the appropriate cells.

You have to use a custom format of hh:mm:ss.000 in order to do this though.

I hope that helps.

Updated my post on page 8 to include The Two Towers chapter marks that works with Maltese's trim times.

Tubs,

I noticed that your post on page 8 - FOTR EE Chapter 1 does not match the mpls from the blu-ray. It's off a few ms. Was their a problem or improvement using the time you selected?

Blu-ray is: 00:07:36.789 vs. 00:07:36:000 that you posted.

I'm fine with the gaps that Maltese arrived at. If you wish to recalculate on your own, you can use Excel.

Copy and paste the chapter marks from each disc from tsmuxer and use excel to calculate the merged ones for you. It took me about a minute to recalculate. It was just a matter of entering formulas in the appropriate cells.

You have to use a custom format of hh:mm:ss.000 in order to do this though.

I hope that helps.

Here is a quick Excel 2010 I had thrown together. It just has the 1st movie. Feel free to use it if you like.

The right column is light gray to indicate you don't have to enter any info. There is only one cell that has black text (3rd column) for you to enter in the cut movie end time. It will auto update the rest.

The 1st column is from the each movies mpls times (viewed through TSMuxerGui) off the blu-ray itself. You have to paste those in.

Make certain you are familiar with Excel and how formulas work when cutting and pasting should you add the other movies. No guarantee the amount of chapters match up for the other 2 movies.

Attachments

• LOTR EE Chapters.rar
    10.5 KB · Views: 19
Thank you very much!

Is the music clipped? I hear the music extended past the blank video. May I ask which software you used that showed the 6337s and 500 ms?

I haven't tried the change, and am not opposed to using a more accurate number.

I appears that the 2nd disc of FOTR EE has an extra second in the very beginning. I tried playing with it but it resulted in flickering. If someone else has had success trimming disc 2 in the beginning, please let us know what you came up with. I'll still play with it to see if improvements can be made.

Last edited:
Just tried 6337500ms end time for FOTR EE and it cuts off before the music ends (at least that is how am viewing/listening it).

6338s end time seems perfect. The 2nd disc of FOTR EE seems to have a longer blank video section at the start compared to TTT EE, and ROTK EE part 2 discs.

I'll try some runs to see if disc 2 can be trimmed without causing flickering in the video.

Not sure what happened, but I put chapter times in when trimming part one with 6337500ms. It seemed to cut off so I redid it for 6338 seconds and it seemed to be cut off as well but not as much. when I looked at it's MPLS chapter timings they were off and shorter. So now I'm NOT putting chapter timings in yet. Let it use 5 seconds default to see how the end of the movie plays with 6337500ms to see if there is a difference.

Last edited:
6337500 was the wrong number
I've tried 6338250, 6338500 and 6338750

With 6338 there is a litte cut before the blank video.
It should be possible to cut part 2 by 500-1000ms.
Still working on it.

I'm working on the excel file... but something doesn't work. Do you have US time format?
I can't change the ms -> 01:35:24 input is fine, but 01:35.24.380 doesn't work.

Damn. It's too long since, I had to calculate something with excel (matlab is a pain in the ass too)...

Excel Format is hh:mm:ss.000
But I'm unable to add 00:01:34.333 to 00:01:59.123...
00:01:34 and 00:01:59 works.

PS:
I got flickering with disc 2 cutted 500ms!

Last edited:
Tubs,

I noticed that your post on page 8 - FOTR EE Chapter 1 does not match the mpls from the blu-ray. It's off a few ms. Was their a problem or improvement using the time you selected?

Blu-ray is: 00:07:36.789 vs. 00:07:36:000 that you posted.

Ah crap...I was having issues with Excel 03 rounding down the numbers when I was cutting and pasting from tsMuxer to the excel sheet.

I will correct it momentarily. Thanks.

Back